Hundreds protest against Obama's visit to South Africa

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Hundreds protest against Obama's visit to South Africa

JOHANNESBURG: Hundreds of protesters are marching to the US Embassy in South Africa's capital in a peaceful protest against a visit by President Barack Obama.

The rally in Pretoria on Friday was organized by trade unionists and members of the South African Communist Party. The demonstrators oppose US policy on Cuba, Afghanistan, global warming and other issues.

Protesters are carrying signs that read: "No, You Can't Obama," a message inspired by the " Yes, We Can" campaign slogan adopted by the president during his first presidential campaign. :becky:

Obama and his family were expected to arrive in South Africa later Friday as part of their African tour.

Protesters also plan a rally Saturday at the University of Johannesburg's Soweto campus, where Obama will address students and receive an honorary law degree.

Hundreds protest against Obama's visit to South Africa - The Times of India

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Ops I posted in under Americas section, so can I change the section....no I can't :becky:

SPIEZ

Country flag
And why are they protesting against Obama?

dhananjay1

The commies have become intellectually bankrupt. They were peddling their nonsense in the past too, but it was done more intellectually, now it's just nonsense.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Is it a coincidence the red ones have had revolutions or are in the process of one ?

be warned ewald there could be one in your state also :cool2:
The Republicans took over the North Carolina legislature last November. The Democrats are fit to be tied. Evry Monday they demonstrate at the Capitol and get themselves arrested. They call this street theater "Moral Mondays." It is to laugh.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I don't understand how some people can still insinuate Obama is a closet Muslim. Wouldn't the Muslim world like him more than Christians if that was the case?
Some people don't want to let go of their beliefs. Anyway, Obama has plenty to worry about based on real scandals in his administration.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles