How to 'win' a war ?

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
obviously, this Sun Tsu guys hasn't seen one of the basic automatic weapons that fires 700 rounds per minutes @ 2951 ftps along with massive KT/MT Nuclear Warhead.

so stone age war tactics, strategy and methods do not apply to Modern warfare anymore.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
obviously, this Sun Tsu guys hasn't seen one of the basic automatic weapons that fires 700 rounds per minutes @ 2951 ftps along with massive KT/MT Nuclear Warhead.

so stone age war tactics, strategy and methods do not apply to Modern warfare anymore.
Chanakya and Sun Tzu are as relevant today as they were before and more so today.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I would like to believe they do, by giving it a contemporary understanding in application.

Spindrift

you need a boat load of money... in the modern battle field if you have financial resources to sustain a war longer then your opponent... you will win the war

john70

Country flag
Chanakya and Sun Tzu are as relevant today as they were before and more so today.
They always will b...they r relevent any day. Hitler and his generals with all modern war machines were able to roll over europe but long term vision and failure to see the overal picture turned the war against them in few years. Planning and strategy and decisive end of war will always remain the base of any war, then machinery and men behind the machines will form the spearhead of winning the war.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I would like to believe they do, by giving it a contemporary understanding in application.
They always will b...they r relevent any day. Hitler and his generals with all modern war machines were able to roll over europe but long term vision and failure to see the overal picture turned the war against them in few years. Planning and strategy and decisive end of war will always remain the base of any war, then machinery and men behind the machines will form the spearhead of winning the war.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
One of the most important aspects in winning any kind of war is the gathering of proper intelligence.
As every schoolboy knows :)

From "The CIA Kid's Page"

https://www.cia.gov/kids-page/6-12th-grade/who-we-are-what-we-do/the-intelligence-cycle.html
The Intelligence Cycle

When we're tasked with a specific project, we follow a five-step process called the Intelligence Cycle. This process ensures we do our job correctly as we work through a system of checks and balances. Let's take a closer look at each step:

Planning and Direction
Collection
Processing
Analysis and Production
Dissemination

BillyJTindall

Warfare

Guys I am new to this forum but I enjoyed a lot. I wonder what are the key factors for success in winning ground war, sea war and air war?

Please tell me in detail or give me sources.

Thank you.
Firstly, you would need to have numbers in land sea and air; good training in all areas leads to good results on the actual front line, have the latest technology for reconnaissance to watch your enemy's every step, artillery is also a prime these days as when you are trying to weaken thier defense.With air you would need cluster bombs for pulling that final straw by calling in an air strike . And boats for defeating thier navy.so with all of that you could attack from all terrain.oh yeah and one more thing; money.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles