they will retaliate ....that is the meaning of go for broke

t_co

the discussion has gradually gone off course

my answer to if china attacks ..... if we hold them off ....fine

if not and we are losing , ..... beyond a certain point
go for broke

nuke hong kong , Shanghai , Beijing and all Major cities

they will retaliate ....that is the meaning of go for broke
threatening retaliation is much better than actually retaliating (and getting a face full of Chinese warheads in response).

how can India credibly threaten retaliation during an active war given its current NFU doctrine?

aerokan

Country flag
threatening retaliation is much better than actually retaliating (and getting a face full of Chinese warheads in response).

how can India credibly threaten retaliation during an active war given its current NFU doctrine?
If China can break it's border agreements every 5-10 years, India can change it's NFU in the middle of the war.. What say? :laugh:

Are you sure India's doctrine is just NFU? Or is it NFU against non-nuclear states? Look again.

aerokan

Country flag
Nope. There is a big difference between small arms being smuggled out of bases by arms dealers and direct allotments of military-grade kit.

What's more, it's not even proven that China supports Assamese rebels. If you think a couple of guys with rifles is indicative of external support, you're daft. Direct external support produces violence on the scale of Syria, not Assam. Direct external support means rebel brigades with night-vision equipment, GPS receivers and scramblers, encrypted/frequency-hopping (jam-proof) radios, and crew-served weapons (mortars, ATGMs, automatic grenade launchers).

The other big, big difference is that the commanding officer of Assamese rebels are not Chinese. The ultimate SFF commanding officer is Indian.
As you see, we are not cowards like Chinese. Chinese give hidden support to the NE rebels and it is pretty much a duplicit country. China is too afraid to speak what it does because it has no moral standing left. First Tibet was never considered a Chinese territory. Tibet was under the suzerinity of China or whatever 10 names if your masters (ROC, POC, TOC, MyassOC,CCP, blah blah) when it was invaded by China. Tibetans took refuge in India and and Tibet was/is not recognized as owned completely by china even today. What India recogonizes today after a major Chinese diplomatic victory is Indian acceptance of Autonomous region of Tibet, nothing more.

And regarding the SFF, please read the article, which you posted and referred to, as to why the SFF was raised with Tibetans in the force. Who's and what actions caused India raising the SFF? Backstabbing by China and going back on the promise that Tibet will not be enslaved and breaching the promise with an annexation of Tibet and fighting war with India which gave a hand of friendship caused this. And we don't hide like cowards unlike you, giving covert support.

ice berg

In my mind, an official Chinese denial is a confirmation of a rumor.

Arirang News
Then I guess it is hard to appease some people. Denying = confirmation. Not denying = confirmation.

The old saying about people believe what they want to believe come to my mind.

Btw I have not heard any news about this since then.

The rumors began with a report on the Chinese language website buxun.com, operated in the United States, and then quickly spread across the Internet through Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter.

Better watch cartoon network for a better source.

ice berg

As you see, we are not cowards like Chinese. Chinese give hidden support to the NE rebels and it is pretty much a duplicit country. China is too afraid to speak what it does because it has no moral standing left. First Tibet was never considered a Chinese territory. Tibet was under the suzerinity of China or whatever 10 names if your masters (ROC, POC, TOC, MyassOC,CCP, blah blah) when it was invaded by China. Tibetans took refuge in India and and Tibet was/is not recognized as owned completely by china even today. What India recogonizes today after a major Chinese diplomatic victory is Indian acceptance of Autonomous region of Tibet, nothing more.

And regarding the SFF, please read the article, which you posted and referred to, as to why the SFF was raised with Tibetans in the force. Who's and what actions caused India raising the SFF? Backstabbing by China and going back on the promise that Tibet will not be enslaved and breaching the promise with an annexation of Tibet and fighting war with India which gave a hand of friendship caused this. And we don't hide like cowards unlike you, giving covert support.
I smell something burning.
Son, India formally recognised that the area known as the Tibetan autonomous region is part of the People's Republic of China.

Brave internet warriors such as you cant do a thing about it.

Jaihind!

bose

Country flag
Son, India formally recognised that the area known as the Tibetan autonomous region is part of the People's Republic of China.

Jaihind!

although off topic: What is China's position on Kashmir ??

ice berg

Jaihind!

ice berg

although off topic: What is China's position on Kashmir ??
Same as United Nations which is that the Kashmir dispute was bilateral in nature (between India and Pakistan) and was a 'left over' of colonialism. It averred that India and Pakistan should resolve this issue between themselves through dialogue.

Dinesh_Kumar

Dude, China is no priest, she regularly shifts positions and views.......you bring out laughable 15th Century Maps (Made when the Earth was considered flat) and claim half of Asia's resources....this recognition of Tibet was under a different situation with info supplied by China, no mentions were made of breaking established principles of International Law, Genocide and invasion of indigenous people, and occupancy of territories belonging to neighboring states, in spite of agreements made in the 19th Century (where does your 15th Century argument go now, friend?) . It is time for a re-look , in the national interest, about all our concerns..........and why, according to you, dear @ice berg, shouldn't we be doing such a thing ?

It all boils down to two things in India : weak prime minister in India and lack of sufficient nukes.......

QUOTE=ice berg;808411]I smell something burning.

Jaihind![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

amoy

Same as United Nations which is that the Kashmir dispute was bilateral in nature (between India and Pakistan) and was a 'left over' of colonialism. It averred that India and Pakistan should resolve this issue between themselves through dialogue.
nope, not bilateral. pls refer to UNSC resolution of 1948 regarding Jammu &Kashmir self determination.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Dinesh_Kumar

@ice berg, get one thing straight, people like me wont be hampered down by an agreement made in the 1950s, and when no better info was available.........although , i admit, we cant do anything abt it.......

Last edited by a moderator:

bose

Country flag
nope, not bilateral. pls refer to UNSC resolution of 1948 regarding Jammu &Kashmir self determination.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
Pakistan after a humilating defeat in 1971 signed an agreement with India to keep the Kashmir resolution bilateral... Have you heard of it ??? UNSC resolution is a dead meat now...

bose

Country flag
British era in the sub continent has messed up all.... British has leased FATA & KP areas from Afghanistan on 100 years lease to be returned back on 1993... very similar to Hong Kong was to China... those raeas are still with Pakistan...

aerokan

Country flag

Jaihind!
What can I say!! I am not known to be kind to backstabbers like Chinese.

Is that the best you can come up with? No logical evidence.. just empty rhetoric? I assume then you agree with my post and have nothing to offer. If you had shut your mouth, i would have given you the benefit of doubt.

Brave internet warriors are always better than old senile warriors grandpa.. Since you think you are old enough to call everyone son or whatever, you must be super-old and by logical extension of your arguments, you must be senile. Please do us a favor and shoot yourself in the head which is what old and senile people should do to reduce trash they vomit everyday !!

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
British era in the sub continent has messed up all.... British has leased FATA & KP areas from Afghanistan on 100 years lease to be returned back on 1993... very similar to Hong Kong was to China... those raeas are still with Pakistan...
good points

just a techncal add-on with your permission - the FATA areas are reluctant to be part of packland
and pack army has to re-inforce domination every so often

great opportunity for those who think so that the people of FATA ,
like their fellow oppressed brothers and sisters in sindh and baluch prpovinces
should receive diplomatic and substance support
form sympathizers

best regards, R.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
where did i say threaten ? if you can read - i said go fro broke ! - do you know what that means ?
( honestly i wouldn't bother to have answered except that it's part of another reply )

If China can break it's border agreements every 5-10 years, India can change it's NFU in the middle of the war.. What say? :laugh: Are you sure India's doctrine is just NFU? Or is it NFU against non-nuclear states? Look again.
absolutely correct !!

also , any treaty , paper signed with dragon is just a paper
an it only signifies agreement for now and perhaps the next few months

once the situation changes or they become powerful enough
to manhandle the situation to their favor,
they will do so , regardless of any paper you show them

we should be aware - and consider that in the unique case of
dealing with the dragon , we should adopt the same attitude !!

but only for dragon
for decent countries,
treaties with them shall hold good for the duration specified !

Are you sure India's doctrine is just NFU? Or is it NFU against non-nuclear states? Look again.
nest time we wont tell them - let them mis.-read :rofl:

Last edited:

ice berg

What can I say!! I am not known to be kind to backstabbers like Chinese.

Is that the best you can come up with? No logical evidence.. just empty rhetoric? I assume then you agree with my post and have nothing to offer. If you had shut your mouth, i would have given you the benefit of doubt.

And I am not known to be kind to internet warriors such as you who generalize people based on personal bias.

Son, I have just given you Indias official policy regarding to Tibet. If you think that is empty rhetoric, then you are either ignorant or stupid.
Brave internet warriors are always better than old senile warriors grandpa.. Since you think you are old enough to call everyone son or whatever, you must be super-old and by logical extension of your arguments, you must be senile. Please do us a favor and shoot yourself in the head which is what old and senile people should do to reduce trash they vomit everyday !!
Son, that term refers to your mental state, not your actual age. Maybe in your country it is normal to shoot people when they are old, and according to you become senile. I am glad we are taken care of our old people in a more civilized way.

Any time you are done with your period, you are free to get back to topic.

Since you are not so bright as some of your countrymen, let me repeat this for you:
India formally recognised that the area known as the Tibetan autonomous region is part of the People's Republic of China.

Get it?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles