How to make DFI more popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adux

Country flag
An excellent analysis Johnee, very good indeed. I have a slight nitpick though, BR also has a huge negative, that is its constant minority bashing and contempt for secularism, this makes a lot of Indians completely disgusted with it, one can easily profile BR memberships. BR has effectively has become a machinery into bashing Islamism and Pakistan. I think, it will be every difficult for us to replicate that with some level of originality.

I think it is imperative, that we focus on China. If it is about India-China, DFI should be the place to be. It is quite a unknown territory, especially because of language issues and our fixation with Indo-Pak situation. Now focus on China will attract a lot of Chinese trolls, unlike Paki's they have something to boast against India. We should celebrate our pro-india and active aggressive stance. China is a larger internet community. It certainly means more traffic. China is also the new competition to beat for Indians online, you expect them to search more and more about India-China than India-Pak. You should be ready to receive them.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
DFI's strength is it provides a platform to civilly discuss any topic. The forum itself is mostly neutral.
I don't see how we are neutral when it comes to pakistan ?

We all knew ages ago pakistan was a terrorist state so BR had not seen the light and we weren't in the dark.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Kunal,

I reported one of the posts from this thread last night and we had a discussion on the subject to have only defence related discussions.

This was the second such discussion we had in the past one week, last time it happened when you made a similar suggestion in the suggestions thread.

Overwhelmingly each time every admin and the mod came to the conclusion that it is not a viable thing to have nor is sustainable.

I am not sure how the perception got built up that you were told that the content would be shifted from DFI to IPF, there is no such proposal, nor is it happening. Wanted to make sure, if there is any misunderstanding on making DFI a defence only forum, that be cleared.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
We have some quality thread regarding India and China..

Militarily i have covered Ground and Air-force part..

Their are many threads here which shows internal matters of China..

Their are few good and some patriotic Chinese - member doing their part, Giving some good idea abt China..

We in DFI have quality and quantity info abt Chinese Military and Government..

Regarding our Old Friends, In DFI we see some amusing threads, give us a insight of Pakistan..

Unlike Our Chinese members no Pakistani member yet made any productive output here..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal,

I reported one of the posts from this thread last night and we had a discussion on the subject to have only defence related discussions.

This was the second such discussion we had in the past one week, last time it happened when you made a similar suggestion in the suggestions thread.

Overwhelmingly each time every admin and the mod came to the conclusion that it is not a viable thing to have nor is sustainable.

I am not sure how the perception got built up that you were told that the content would be shifted from DFI to IPF, there is no such proposal, nor is it happening. Wanted to make sure, if there is any misunderstanding on making DFI a defence only forum, that be cleared.

What i said Mainly not the word Only Defense, I am not saying we remove every other part from the forum, But closure or shifting of such sub-forum regarding religion and politics, Which have become the Image of this Defense forum of India lately..

Member corner is always their for such talks..

I made that suggestion to AV, And AV put that on to the table, Its not going to happen in instant but in near future if possible
That`s why i have been saying shifting it to other forum where it suited under specific forum that is Political forum..

Last edited:

agentperry

i think one science and technology section will help. posting about new techs in defence and non defence sector will boost peoples participation

Iamanidiot

I have a suggestion lets cut short these theological discussions.These are too divisive and majority of the members are too iimmature whne it comes to this.The inner troll in them comes out when these discussions

Galaxy

Country flag
Well, I would agree with Kunal that we can only have Defence, Internal security, Geo-Political, Global defence and International affair threads here.

We don't need religious and political threads. Main reason - There can't be any debate on these topic. Everyone has certain opinion which is more or less fixed. Since opinions are more or less fixed it leads to personal attack by few members and also divides the forum in 2-3 parts due to difference of opinion and sometime personal hatred which is not good. Lately, I decided to post very less in such threads.

But as far as Defence related threads, People are more with open minds. But unfortunately, There are very few active members with good knowledge base. Even very few to even start a thread with important news/updates. My 1/4th post were consumed in starting new threads or post latest news 90% related with defence only. Once, we will have mostly defence related threads. Then slowly and gradually, All will start contributing which will make this highly active and quality defence forum. There are unlimited topics related with defence which is not yet covered. In addition, IPF is almost inactive. These religious and political thread can take place there where interested members can contribute. We don't need to discuss regionalism, Hindi, Greatest king and all that here. But if such threads will continue, people will be compelled to post and then again same story. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I wonder how many DFI members have an Ignore List. On other forums my Ignore List can become quite long. :) On DFI I do not filter out anyone. That too is an indicator of the quality of the participants, I believe.

Iamanidiot

I wonder how many DFI members have an Ignore List. On other forums my Ignore List can become quite long. :) On DFI I do not filter out anyone. That too is an indicator of the quality of the participants, I believe.
U might be finding an Indian forum too exotic.

johnee

An excellent analysis Johnee, very good indeed.
Thanks buddy.
I have a slight nitpick though, BR also has a huge negative, that is its constant minority bashing and contempt for secularism, this makes a lot of Indians completely disgusted with it, one can easily profile BR memberships. BR has effectively has become a machinery into bashing Islamism and Pakistan. I think, it will be every difficult for us to replicate that with some level of originality.
BR is hated for the same reason that it is liked for just like Modi. Infact, it applies to everything & everyone. As long as, someone does not take a stand, he wont be hated or liked. When someone takes a stand, some will hate him and some will like him. And it does not matter how many disapprove as long as the target audience is satisfied. The same thing that is considered one's feature becomes one's drawback. Eg: a fish has fins. It is a very useful feature in water and deadly drawback on the land.

You may say that BR can go against pakis without bashing the minorities of india. That seems possible in theory, but is not possible in practice. Once you take a stand, you cannot avoid the logical, social and ideological consequences of that stand. BR has experienced this. This is exactly what is happening with pakis as well. Jinnah used the islamic card to acquire the paki nation. But as soon as he got what he wanted, he tried to ditch the islamic card. That was not possible. It was he who was sidelined. Ever since pakistan has steadily progressed in the ideological direction. It will not be possible to alter the course unless that very ideology is shunned. The same applies to BR, or for that matter anyone else.
I think it is imperative, that we focus on China. If it is about India-China, DFI should be the place to be. It is quite a unknown territory, especially because of language issues and our fixation with Indo-Pak situation. Now focus on China will attract a lot of Chinese trolls, unlike Paki's they have something to boast against India. We should celebrate our pro-india and active aggressive stance. China is a larger internet community. It certainly means more traffic. China is also the new competition to beat for Indians online, you expect them to search more and more about India-China than India-Pak. You should be ready to receive them.
Very good idea. Infact even BR was trying to move on from pakis to chini. But there is a problem:
aam indian hardly cares about neighbouring countries. A bengali might be intrested in BD, a tamilian in Lanka, sikkimese in chini. But no neighbouring nation has attracted the attention of all indians except the pakis.

Why are indians obssessed with pakis?
The answer is terrorism. The modern day indian does not care about pakis if not for terrorism. It is these terror attacks that remind the indians that pakis exist and are enemies of india. Compared to these pakis, chini remain irrelevent. The chini may make some transgressions, make some claims, and such prickly moves. But, on the ground it is the pakis who are proving to be real pain by sending jihadis, by pumping the fake cash,...etc. Even the kids in india know that every terror incident can be traced back to pakis. So, as soon as there is a terrorist activity some indian netizens want to mock pakis and land in a forum.

Another thing is that as you have pointed out, chini have things to boast about. So, indians are dont enjoy trolling against them.

I still like your idea.

Iamanidiot

B-R sometimes reminds me of discussions we hear in a Ayyer coffee shop .Incisive brilliant analysis about most issues .But cannot do the same analysis and discussion when it comes to their own flaws.The demographic accurately fits that description

Iamanidiot

We have a good China discussion for the resources we have for an indian forum

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Lets not turn this into a BR praising/bashing thread.

pankaj nema

Country flag
In Bharat Rakshak The words used for describing and bashing Muslims , Islam and Pakistan would earn
an automatic ban here

BR is snooty they are not allowing free E mail ID yet people are happy with being guests there

In Prashant Bhushan discussion I was INFORMED that IF I had been in US I would
have been flagged for justifying Hindu terror

I felt like telling that member to go and read BR but NOW i find that ;
that member is AWARE of BR 's discussions so he was just MESSING with me

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
In Bharat Rakshak The words used for describing and bashing Muslims , Islam and Pakistan would earn
an automatic ban here

BR is snooty they are not allowing free E mail ID yet people are happy with being guests there

In Prashant Bhushan discussion I was INFORMED that IF I had been in US I would
have been flagged for justifying Hindu terror

I felt like telling that member to go and read BR but NOW i find that ;
that member is AWARE of BR 's discussions so he was just MESSING with me

what part of my post you didn't get ? and are you for real, as in for real real ?

SHASH2K2

GUys this thread is for DFI Improvements. Kindly put across some suggestions if you have or even some grievances if any . discuss BR and their philosophy wont help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles