How to make DFI more popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpArK

SORCERER
well I also belong to Uncle class I presume and I never bully around. I also have fight with many of those bullies whenever I feel they are crossing the line. sometimes I feel that attitude of showing supremacy thats very much part of neighbors forum culture is affecting DFI as well. here we dont have many pakistanis so that attitude affects Indians . I dont think we are not discussing defence related topics here . I can give 5-6 very good defence threads that has been going on in past 2-3 days. thing is that here we discuss for sake of gaining knowledge and there for sake of showing off who is superior.
Exactly .. my thoughts.

I just bumped upon that somnath thread on EF VS rafale comparison. Just noticed some guy commenting , even my 7 year old nephew can do it.. well WTF then why dont his 7 yr old nephew or he do it. He continues all these information are already posted and its too late..

Arent we in a defence forum, whats the time factor for discussion ,? That thread was a heavily time invested one and most appreciated it and many disagreed on many things and talks do happened there. But why label it as kiddy work, unneessary, its too late.. etc etc???

Yes its highly irritant when we see somebody posting or saying things we already know, but to live with it or ignoring it is a basic factor that can promote a forum. Unless that happens its highly unlikely to get traffic. Many believe that existing threads are like historic scrolls in library to refer and hence things already discussed must not be repeated.

Freshness , interests , participation are the key .. not just posting and archiving it.

Neil

Country flag
why cant we tie up with defense related sites like idrw or even bharat rakshak or ask shiv aror like people to come and post their opinion for something in return [give and take]...??ignore my childishness i dont really know how these sites work or for that matter how DFI works...so just a suggestion...

SHASH2K2

Exactly .. my thoughts.

I just bumped upon that somnath thread on EF VS rafale comparison. Just noticed some guy commenting , even my 7 year old nephew can do it.. well WTF then why dont his 7 yr old nephew or he do it. He continues all these information are already posted and its too late..

Arent we in a defence forum, whats the time factor for discussion ,? That thread was a heavily time invested one and most appreciated it and many disagreed on many things and talks do happened there. But why label it as kiddy work, unneessary, its too late.. etc etc???

Yes its highly irritant when we see somebody posting or saying things we already know, but to live with it or ignoring it is a basic factor that can promote a forum. Unless that happens its highly unlikely to get traffic. Many believe that existing threads are like historic scrolls in library to refer and hence things already discussed must not be repeated.

Freshness , interests , participation are the key .. not just posting and archiving it.
Well it didnt affected Somnath in any way. Mentally he is even stronger than even earlier. If a small negative comment deter you from posting then how can you survive in other forums where entire staff and half of members are against you and are full of filth . You noticed one -ve comment but ignored lots of likes and positives for him. World is full of Good bad and ugly and so is DFI .

S.A.T.A

@Kunwal

The beauty of a public forum is precisely in its ability to provide a space where varying degrees of intellect can engage with each other.A public forum should not be concerned with the matter of dispensing who is right and who is wrong during such an exchange,rather it should concerned with how two individuals can agree or disagree in a dignified manner.which is why a standard rule of engagement must be adopted,not with regards to what topics can be discussed,but the manner in which they should be discussed.The moderating staff must not only adhere to this standard but also ensure the rest of the patrons here irrespective of their own personal affection and disaffection towards the Moderating staff,adhere to the standards thus laid out.

If many of the touchy topics have become raucous its because such rules of engagements have not been laid out and members have not been educated about the same.If they exist the they have not been strictly implemented,which amounts to the same.

But turning exclusive is not the answer.

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
Well it didnt affected Somnath in any way. Mentally he is even stronger than even earlier. If a small negative comment deter you from posting then how can you survive in other forums where entire staff and half of members are against you and are full of filth . You noticed one -ve comment but ignored lots of likes and positives for him. World is full of Good bad and ugly and so is DFI .
I know it mate, i just cited that thing as a reference on the general attitude.

And regarding survival, i know it better since i have been at the receiving end many a times.

Sommy is a very enthusiastic member and what he likes is appreciation. He always messages me to comment on threads and i have to work over time to post something sensible regarding it since that i knew little on these stuff ,but i never disappoints him regarding attention.

That thread was basically me against the rest regarding US fighter plane purchases. I took a US supporting stand just to keep a debate going even though most of the things that people said on there are actually what i believe too..
But making a different noice evokes interest and participation.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@Kunal

The beauty of a public forum is precisely in its ability to provide a space where varying degrees of intellect that can engage with each other.A public should not be concerned with dispensing who is right and who is wrong during such an exchange,rather it should concerned with how two individuals can agree or disagree in a dignified manner.which is why a standard rule of engagement must be adopted,not with regards to what topics can be discussed,but the manner in which they should be discussed.The moderating staff must not only adhere to this standard but also ensure the rest of the patrons here irrespective of their own personal affection and disaffection towards the Moderating staff,adhere to the standards thus laid out.

If many of the touchy topics have become raucous its because such rules of engagements have not been laid out and members have not been educated about the same.If they exist the they have not been strictly implemented,which amounts to the same.

But turning exclusive is not the answer.

Very correct no doubt, As a Gentleman way to proceed..

If you notice how this laws you mentioned are obeyed in most Defense related threads and Religious and political based once ?, I mostly work in Defense related threads, I guide members and they guide me, Unlike the words spell out in other threads in different sections ? Now why it is there ?

Reasons:
You are talking an issue which is extremely fragile as ones cultural activities are down right offensive to other and the talk is open in a forum which offer a specific place where may be 1000 or more can participated,their are things where are limits, Gentleman attitude does not apply here for long, No matter who civilized way a person can go, The things go out of order until the thread is closed, This is a common human response, This cannot be changed, On practical grounds in DFI it is proven countless time..

Defense Forum is mainly for Defense, National security and warfare, doctrine, New technology in defense sector to study here,Their are other things which are in member corner, But calling this forum as defense forum should be practically on defense matter..

IPF is another place where these things can smoothly run..

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No one has explained why newly registered members aren't posting ?

Galaxy

Country flag
The reasons why DFI attracts less traffic.

1> Google doesn't show up DFI for most of the important keywords related to defence.
2> There are limited no. of active members.
3> DFI is mainly a defence site for Indian prospective and that also mainly same repetition.
4> We don't have enough International members.

I joined this forum only because of DEFENCE and nothing else. But I found, most of the members become more active in Religious/Political thread. I hardly started any religious/political thread and my 90% threads were related with Defence / Internal security / Geo-Political / International affair. But I observed, people are less interested in those discussion/News. I think Reasons are 2 and 3. Since, People are more active in such threads, so I do post sometime. But These kinds of threads do divide DFI members in 2 parts which is normally not the case in defence related thread. But I suppose, We need to keep such religious/Political thread otherwise DFI will become more inactive and even 50% post might reduced.

One thing i like to point or criticize that few Old members are not co-operative with new members. Few might not agree, But that is fact. without naming anyone, I will say few has Superiority complex. I joined this forum last week of August, I also said at least 20-30 people to join this forum, Most of them joined too but they are not active like me due to such behaviour. They have some good knowledge and old forumers. Even Few members almost left the forum like Somnath and many others, Because few started making joke out of it. I had to request Somnath and few others to consider this forum as own and everything will be fine later but few people don't like when someone makes fun out of it. Everyone is not capable to make it's own importance in any new forum in starting. Even few days back, I decided to quite this forum, But somehow tried to remain active.

Now, Things that can be done.

1> We need to give some importance to International members. Be it Israeli or Pakistani. Chinese or Vietnamese. Only International members can attract more international members.

2 > There are few members who do personal attack all the time. I don't know why, But mods don't take action against such members or very late. Just because people have different view, you can't do personal attack.

3 > More discussion related with endless important topic should take place mainly geo-political, defence and Internal securities. More threads, more posts, more chance of SEO. Also, some exclusive images/articles with DFI watermark source will also help.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
The reasons why DFI attracts less traffic.

1> Google doesn't show up DFI for most of the important keywords related to defence.
2> There are limited no. of active members.
3> DFI is mainly a defence site for Indian prospective and that also mainly same repetition.
4> We don't have enough International members.

I joined this forum only because of DEFENCE and nothing else. But I found, most of the members become more active in Religious/Political thread. I hardly started any religious/political thread and my 90% threads were related with Defence / Internal security / Geo-Political / International affair. But I observed, people are less interested in those discussion/News. I think Reasons are 2 and 3. Since, People are more active in such threads, so I do post sometime. But These kinds of threads do divide DFI members in 2 parts which is normally not the case in defence related thread. But I suppose, We need to keep such religious/Political thread otherwise DFI will become more inactive and even 50% post might reduced.

One thing i like to point or criticize that few Old members are not co-operative with new members. Few might not agree, But that is fact. without naming anyone, I will say few has Superiority complex. I joined this forum last week of August, I also said at least 20-30 people to join this forum, Most of them joined too but they are not active like me due to such behaviour. They have some good knowledge and old forumers. Even Few members almost left the forum like Somnath and many others, Because few started making joke out of it. I had to request Somnath and few others to consider this forum as own and everything will be fine later but few people don't like when someone makes fun out of it. Everyone is not capable to make it's own importance in any new forum in starting. Even few days back, I decided to quite this forum, But somehow tried to remain active.

1> We need to give some importance to International members. Be it Israeli or Pakistani. Chinese or Vietnamese. Only International members can attract more international members.

2 > There are few members who do personal attack all the time. I don't know why, But mods don't take action against such members or very late. Just because people have different view, you can't do personal attack.

3 > More discussion related with endless important topic should take place mainly geo-political, defence and Internal securities. More threads, more posts, more chance of SEO. Also, some exclusive images/articles with DFI watermark source will also help.
well said.

Galaxy

Country flag
No one has explained why newly registered members aren't posting ?

Well, many people do register here but they don't become active due to bad behaviour and superiority complex of few old member.

If we call Chicoms and all that to all Chinese members, then you can't expect more Chinese members to join. Even, I don't appreciate such things against any Pakistani member too. We should give equal space to everyone and present own opinion to make things better.

I still remember, few members used to target IDF members who were joining here 1-2 months back, But what happened ? IDF might not be same, but there is no advantage to DFI. except Me, Spark, Karthik Sri and 2-3 more, Most of them are still not active here.

Tianshan

you guys should bash china more, and write more threads about chinese economic collapse.

this will surely bring more of us to defend ourselves.

Galaxy

Country flag
you guys should bash china more, and write more threads about chinese economic collapse.

this will surely bring more of us to defend ourselves.
:lol:

May be, But then it will become another troll forum. We need to maintain quality also. There will always clash of titans and difference of opinions but there must be some reasons with equal space.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Well, many people do register here but they don't become active due to bad behaviour and superiority complex of few old member.

If we call Chicoms and all that to all Chinese members, then you can't expect more Chinese members to join. Even, I don't appreciate such things against any Pakistani member too. We should give equal space to everyone and present own opinion to make things better.

I still remember, few members used to target IDF members who were joining here 1-2 months back, But what happened ? IDF might not be same, but there is no advantage to DFI. except Me, Spark, Karthik Sri and 2-3 more, Most of them are still not active here.
There is no superior complex or bad behaviour. If new members make outlandish claims then naturally they will get negative attention.

Have you seen what type of pakis register here ? They outright start abusing...should we respect them ? I will not. Foreign members who post politely are rewarded in kind.

Country flag
we have had many good Pakistani members in the past guys like qsaark. When international members come looking for confrontation they will get it.

Galaxy

Country flag
There is no superior complex or bad behaviour. If new members make outlandish claims then naturally they will get negative attention.
Well, that is preciously my point. Everyone has difference of opinion. One can't do personal attack or make negative comment just because it's different. The things which is right for you might not be right for others.

Have you seen what type of pakis register here ? They outright start abusing...should we respect them ? I will not. Foreign members who post politely are rewarded in kind.
Well, I agree to certain extend that most of the Pakistani who registered here start with abusing. But we don't have to assume everything in starting. We have to see individual members, Few might be good.

Tianshan

we have had many good Pakistani members in the past guys like qsaark. When international members come looking for confrontation they will get it.
why do international members come here looking for confrontation, or to defend their countries?

a healthy forum environment should attract international members for positive reasons, not negative ones.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Well, that is preciously my point. Everyone has difference of opinion. One can't do personal attack or make negative comment just because it's different. The things which is right for you might not be right for others.

Well, I agree to certain extend that most of the Pakistani who registered here start with abusing. But we don't have to assume everything in starting. We have see individual members.
You weren't online yesterday when he was using maa behen ki galiya. I dont generalize but earlier there used to be paki members who was quite sane but he stopped posting.

Country flag
why do international members come here looking for confrontation, or to defend their countries?

a healthy forum environment should attract international members for positive reasons, not negative ones.
I am saying all but some, we welcome all international members and good logical debate.

SHASH2K2

there are sane posters like Ohimalya or kikock . when did anyone noticed anyone trolling with them or abusing them. you reap what you sow. just two days back on LOL guy was talking about changing Indo China border to come and visit our cities on border . They make inflammatory comments and expect nice treatment from anyone is nothing but foolishness. Sane guys come and make sane comments and people do take notice and keep quite but when a troll comes he gets the treatment what he deserve.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Twitter and facebook are our biggest enemies and can be our biggest friends as well. all we need is to actively promote DFI there . one option is by using adwords and best and cheapest option is support of members in doing so . If top 100 members post just one good thread each day in their profile it will bring in a lot of publicity for us. yday I tweeted helicopter incident thread link on twitter and FB profile . AT one time number of guests in that thread was 150 . cant Imagine the number if 10 more members posted that thread in FB or twitter . It will make DFI popular as well as bring in awareness among common masses about defence .
This is good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles