How to fight terror against India?

Vyom

Seeker
Vyom,

'Subtleties of life'? So, you like to think yourself a great philosopher? Do you realize that philosophy is multitudinal, never discrete and ever-changing? Whereas the 'practical' solutions to this nation's problems are concrete? Do you discount our intelligence?
I can categorize myself as a philosopher among other things, great or not is not an adjective I can assign to myself. I try to reason on the basis of what I have gained through extensive research, and I know that unless we do that in these time (when we hardly get to learn the basics right), these things are generally alien to people.

I realize a lot things of practicality, due which my arguments are presented.

About intelligence of people, I do make assumptions about it and most of the time my conclusion turns to be same as my presumptions.

FYI, intelligence is not the only thing that you require to understand something as grand as life, you also require wisdom and most importantly you require the temperament - the right attitude, to use your intelligence and wisdom.

Philosophy is never meant to be philosophy alone, A philosophy that is not practical is a no-good philosophy, no matter how metaphysically cogent or potent it may be.
Did you just said that? I hope you understand what you are saying. Your rating is going down with such imbecile remarks.

Perhaps you need to get out more, and realize how India works. Despite its systems, its diversification, its eccentricities and its extremes. And that is because of one central force, the belief that religious, economic and political practice are largely free in a country that incorporates them all.
Huh? I think you need to reflect upon the ground realities of India. I would have considered the state of India acceptable if the problems the people face were an aberration.

Hindu 'psychology', which I don't know how you tend to singularly simplify, concatnate or integrate and which is itself distinctly diverse, has not served Hindu kingdoms so 'well' in the past. At least, as far as equitable social development, state defense and the development of applicable macro-technology are concerned. Those are the pinions of a modern state. How do you propose to reconcile the 'two'?
That would be the most absurd claim. Have you gone through the accounts of Megasthenes and the likes? Ancient India was much prosperous on most accounts. And if you understand the philosophies embedded in Hinduism, you would have the ability to understand why. Sanatam Dharm, which is now known under the umbrella of Hinduism, pertains to the universal principles of life and is soundly based on scientific rationale. And it is eternal, hence the name sanatan.

And for your knowledge, the "Hindu philosophy" revolves around some very basic points. The extension that you misconceive is the extent of myriads of situations and circumstances, in which they are applicable.

Besides, you will find major philosophies and major Granths or religious-text books have a lot to teach us metaphysically/philosophically. The Gita is not the ultimate source nor is it the exception. You will find that out if you set aside, for what I will call, for lack of a better word, 'Hindu chauvinist sentiments' and delve into them yourself.
Your remarks about me would be same as that story of blind men trying to form an opinion about an elephant. Hindu chauvinist sentiments? That is laughable, and shows that you form opinions even before you understand things or people.

And I can say with a lot of experience and understanding, you know zilch about Bhagavad Gita! Don't take it as something that I am trying to deride you with, I am merely stating a fact. But since you have mentioned, can you tell me what these other texts tells you at par with Bhagwat Gita or Upanishads? But not in this thread, please. Let others remain on the topic of the thread.

P.S. It is most suitable if we talk on the topic, rather than the corrections required in me. That is the downhill of any discussion.

Last edited:

Vyom

Seeker
I wanted to put these stuffs on record since you were so assertive on tangible stuffs. I was not in the mood to provide all the statistics back then, thought an educated person could do that by himself. But here it goes.

First, let us keep the environment discussion separate. A sacrifice in terms of environment is unavoidable unless you want the nation to remain stagnant. The USA, Europe, Australia, Japan - they built their dams, built electricity plants, steel plants, heavy industry - they did all that when they had to. This phase is unavoidable. Anyhow, let us leave this discussion separate.
The environmental issue is the most vital for our survival, do you think we have acceptable amount of points on the score card as far as envrionment goes? Take a look at this http://defenceforumindia.com/politi...ed-125th-environmental-performance-index.html

What about population and resource crunch, is it better now? http://defenceforumindia.com/politics-society/30771-indias-population-2012-a.html

Khalistan problem, severe violence and brutality in Kashmir, extremely powerful ULFA, almost entire N-E under the shadow of insurgent groups, goonda raj in Bihar and some other states, pathetic and gloomy economy, severe communal strife (Babri Masjid, Bombay riots and many more), severe caste violence (Ranbir sena, Dalit sena, and many more), rise of criminal underworld (Dawood and co.) like never before, rise of naxalism in Telangana and other parts of central India - the list goes on.
Yeah they took away two and gave back five.

Crime up by 4.9 per cent in India: 'Crime up by 4.9 per cent in India'

Crime in India from 1953 to 2007:

Poverty has gone down in India in terms of population percentage but has increased in terms of numbers: India - New Global Poverty Estimates

As far as naxals and maoists are concerned, take a look at their areas of influence now:

I fail to see how we are "worse off" today than in the gloomy 90s. Every issue that I have mentioned above is either disappeared or vastly improved. So how are things "worse off" in tangible terms?
Are you still? India has grown economically (no doubt it ought to have), but is everyone getting the benefit of the growth uniformly? Is it a better situation, when 30-40% of India's population are reaping all the benefits of its economic growth? If that is not the case, think about why is it not and if you can think about it with the right mind you will know why I am raising some fundamental issues of the society, which seemingly does not seems related to terrorism but invariably is.

sorcerer

Country flag
Regulate probable internal elements that could be a potential threat or will be used as a base for anti national propaganda or actions.

Deoband may block Centre's 'madrassa modernization'
UMBAI: Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband may stonewall the Narendra Modi-led NDA government's proposed plan to revamp madrassa education.

Deoband, which has been at the forefront of the countrywide campaign against madrassa modernization, has sought clarification on the Centre's 'National Madrassa Modernisation Programme', which was referred to in President Pranab Mukherjee's speech to Parliament on Monday.

"It is not clear what the government wants to do... It should come out with detailed policy and tell which madrassas will be brought under its ambit," said Darul Uloom Deoband rector Mufti Abdul Qasim Noamani.

There are two kinds of madrassas in India: those run on government grants and those based purely on community charity. "Madrassas which don't accept any grant from the government will not accept any modernization programme initiated by the government," Noamani said.

A section of Muslim intelligentsia welcomed the 'modernization' move, but with a rider. "The government should make the entire process transparent and voluntary," said Javed Anand of Muslims for Secular Democracy, a think tank. "Madrassas have the legitimate concern that in the name of modernization, the government might interfere in their affairs and control them."

Muslims constitute around 14% of India's 1.2 billion population. The Sachar Committee had said only 4% of schoolgoing Muslims attend madrassas. This minuscule section is, however, critical since it churns out Islamic preachers, clerics and imams. Most madrassa-educated youth are not employed in the mainstream job market. More importantly, they remain unemployable.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...drassa-modernization/articleshow/36367420.cms

I_PLAY_BAD

Regulate probable internal elements that could be a potential threat or will be used as a base for anti national propaganda or actions.

Deoband may block Centre's 'madrassa modernization'
UMBAI: Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband may stonewall the Narendra Modi-led NDA government's proposed plan to revamp madrassa education.

Deoband, which has been at the forefront of the countrywide campaign against madrassa modernization, has sought clarification on the Centre's 'National Madrassa Modernisation Programme', which was referred to in President Pranab Mukherjee's speech to Parliament on Monday.

"It is not clear what the government wants to do... It should come out with detailed policy and tell which madrassas will be brought under its ambit," said Darul Uloom Deoband rector Mufti Abdul Qasim Noamani.

There are two kinds of madrassas in India: those run on government grants and those based purely on community charity. "Madrassas which don't accept any grant from the government will not accept any modernization programme initiated by the government," Noamani said.

A section of Muslim intelligentsia welcomed the 'modernization' move, but with a rider. "The government should make the entire process transparent and voluntary," said Javed Anand of Muslims for Secular Democracy, a think tank. "Madrassas have the legitimate concern that in the name of modernization, the government might interfere in their affairs and control them."

Muslims constitute around 14% of India's 1.2 billion population. The Sachar Committee had said only 4% of schoolgoing Muslims attend madrassas. This minuscule section is, however, critical since it churns out Islamic preachers, clerics and imams. Most madrassa-educated youth are not employed in the mainstream job market. More importantly, they remain unemployable.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...drassa-modernization/articleshow/36367420.cms
And, they are also the easy source of radicalization and terrorism.
Please ban madarassas in India. We've had enough of these animals.

Nuvneet Kundu

Muslims constitute around 14% of India's 1.2 billion population. The Sachar Committee had said only 4% of schoolgoing Muslims attend madrassas.
4% of 14% of 1.3 Billion is (6.8 million) 68,00,000 people. Look at what 4 terrorists did in 26/11, imagine what 68,00,000 could do. Does the state police machinery have the means to handle 6.8 million terrorists? have they shared any such plans with sickulars which we are not aware of? If they are willing to sign on a paper that ascertains their ability to handle 6.8 million potential terrorists and that the state is solely accountable for all the damage that these people cause and will be liable for any losses that Indian citizens face due to any acts of terror, then we will stop complaining about madrassas.

sorcerer

Country flag
^^ @above post
India need to have a regulatory mechanism which will manage, administer all religious educational institutions including the funds collected and used by these religious bodies.
THis is as dangerous as foreign NGOs operating in India.

Madrassas ruined the generations in pakistan.. India should do something very very serious to regulate these institutions else these will become factories for fanatic youths.

Nuvneet Kundu

^^ @above post
India need to have a regulatory mechanism which will manage, administer all religious educational institutions including the funds collected and used by these religious bodies.
THis is as dangerous as foreign NGOs operating in India.

Madrassas ruined the generations in pakistan.. India should do something very very serious to regulate these institutions else these will become factories for fanatic youths.
We all have read a lot of 'India needs to..' type of posts for years man. We all know and agree on what needs to be done, Whether India will be allowed to do it is a bigger question. This is one thing I expect from the Modi government in his 5 years. I would excuse him if he isn't able to abrogate 370, or break Pakistan but removal of Muslim personal law (Uniform civil code), removal of Haj subsidies, resettlement of Kashmir Pandits, these are basic things that are within his reach. What's the worst that could happen? muslims will riot. Pff, they have been doing that anyway, they don't need a reason for that. Any excuse is good enough.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Stage 1 : Close down the JNU, NDTV and all the shariah bolshevik propaganda machines.
not just close down. Be more active on twitter and other forums to slam these rascals.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
4% of 14% of 1.3 Billion is (6.8 million) 68,00,000 people. Look at what 4 terrorists did in 26/11, imagine what 68,00,000 could do. Does the state police machinery have the means to handle 6.8 million terrorists? have they shared any such plans with sickulars which we are not aware of? If they are willing to sign on a paper that ascertains their ability to handle 6.8 million potential terrorists and that the state is solely accountable for all the damage that these people cause and will be liable for any losses that Indian citizens face due to any acts of terror, then we will stop complaining about madrassas.
I think that the great weapon to fight against the Terror mind set is propaganda war. We must start a great propagand war against those infected Jihadis to deradicalize them and minimize the damage due to jihadism going on through out the world.

From inside, Muzzies are loosing faith in Islam. There was a study which stated that whole middle east shall drop Islam as the religion. Islam shall vanish from whole world except India and Indonesia.

Nuvneet Kundu

I think that the great weapon to fight against the Terror mind set is propaganda war. We must start a great propagand war against those infected Jihadis to deradicalize them and minimize the damage due to jihadism going on through out the world.

From inside, Muzzies are loosing faith in Islam. There was a study which stated that whole middle east shall drop Islam as the religion. Islam shall vanish from whole world except India and Indonesia.
The single biggest mistake committed by one individual in the history of mankind is that Genghis Khan converted from Buddhism to Islam and made his massive empire follow suit after having conquered a big chunk of the planet. Today the condition is such that 1 in every 6 people on this planet has the DNA of Genghis Khan running through their blood.

I do agree with you that Muzzies are losing faith. A spiritual ideology needs to answer deep emotional queries of individuals, it has to heal their wounds and provide solace and happiness to the individual practitioner. An ideology whose sole purpose is expanding itself, will always consider the needs of the individual as secondary or even inconsequential to its mission. The more individualistic the world continues to get, the more this fault line will widen.

I read a beautiful thesis once about the fundamental difference between India and Pakistan, it can be summarized in one line as 'the story of Pakistan is the story of the state of Pakistan, and the story of India is the story of the people of India'. It holds true for the modus operandi of all Muzzie states. The moment its citizens ask for some human rights, or even basic things like water and schools, the state says "the nation is under threat and you are asking for things? you are not a true Muzzie, you are a selfish person!". That's how Muzzie states keep the dreams of their population suppressed until they erupt. Some never erupt because they lack the intellectual ability to understand what's going on. That's why we still hear Muzzies claiming that they ruled over Hindus for 800 years despite the fact that they were themselves slaves under a handful of Muzzie feudal monarchs. The very definition of a 'true Muzzie' has been fundamentally crafted in such a way that the individual is supposed to selflessly sacrifice for the survival of his state, and because of this feudal definition, the individual will never have any rights for himself, neither material nor spiritual. The very legitimacy of his existence is benchmarked against the sacrifices he has made for the state, nothing else. No individual pursuits allowed. This feudal system will eventually collapse, no doubt about it.

I don't know if they can be converted to any other religion though, maybe they can be brought under the fold of Sufism at the very best.

Last edited:

Sukhpal

After alerting the country against against 'lone wolf attacks', Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday underlined the threat posed by the 'Do it Yourself' breed of terrorists who gain information in bomb-making and suicide attacks over the internet to perpetrate terror acts.

Sukhbir Singh Badal | Shiromani Akali Dal

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
As far as naxals and maoists are concerned, take a look at their areas of influence

First thing i don't know where u brought these news and map too..
Almost maoist is wiped out of andhra and telangana...........and decreased in in maharastra and karnataka

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
How to fight terror.....seriously that's impossible
Most people think muslims are only problem no one thinks of congress, communists and lot more dick heads
Solution is make a database and remove one by one

Sukhpal

Located at the northern tip of India's territory, this state has been the focal point of a territorial dispute dating back to 1947—when British colonial rule ended—involving India, Pakistan, and China. India claims the entire region as its sovereign territory, though it controls only about half of it. A third of the land is controlled by Pakistan, and China controls the remainder. The quarrel between India and Pakistan has touched off a number of military showdowns. Since the late 1980s, the region has been home to a number of militant groups seeking independence for the region.

Sukhbir Singh badal | Shiromani Akali Dal

garg_bharat

Country flag
India is fighting its terror war successfully. There is no need for worry.
A country of India's size located right in the middle of melting pot called South Asia is bound to have significant problems.
Despite that, the country has managed to control terrorism and separatism adequately.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
India is fighting its terror war successfully. There is no need for worry.
A country of India's size located right in the middle of melting pot called South Asia is bound to have significant problems.
Despite that, the country has managed to control terrorism and separatism adequately.
Absolutely many south asian countries failed...Bravo India

Global Defence

New threads

Articles