How to fight terror against India?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
first of all we have to tighten our border control from all sides. We have to effectively deal with terror before it happen, during and after the attack. Also we have to stop the flow of weapons, money and information to them. We have to use all means available to us, legal or illegal to get better of terrorists.

Oracle

Take back POK. Wipe out terrorist camps. It will escalate into a nuclear war, but that will be our opportunity to denuclearize Pakistan.

And yeah, no special status for a unified Kashmir. They will be treated like any other state.
And how many lives do you propose be sacrificed for that? Nobody, except cockroaches will win in the event of a nuclear war. And, btw, nuclear arsenal is for deterrence not for war fighting.

trackwhack

And how many lives do you propose be sacrificed for that? Nobody, except cockroaches will win in the event of a nuclear war. And, btw, nuclear arsenal is for deterrence not for war fighting.
Im not saying we should nuke Pakistan. But Pakistan will nuke us. And we will retaliate in such a way as to ensure they are denuclearized. As long as there is POK, the pukes have a reason to continue the conflict. when there is no POK, the conflict will die.

Oracle

Im not saying we should nuke Pakistan. But Pakistan will nuke us. And we will retaliate in such a way as to ensure they are denuclearized. As long as there is POK, the pukes have a reason to continue the conflict. when there is no POK, the conflict will die.
Here-in is where we get it all wrong.

Pakistan would till the very last minute not want to press the button, as even Paki Generals know that they have no hope of surviving a nuclear exchange with India. But if a mad-man were to press the button, then, well, the rules of the game inherently changes, irrespective of which country the mad-man belongs.

The issue for Pakistan is not entirely PoK. Even if the issue is resolved amicably, which I do not see in the foreseeable future, PA would invent things to prop up the hatred against India. For the PA to remain in control in Pakistan, nothing is better than feeding the masses the dangers from a nuclear armed Hindu India, as has always been the case.

trackwhack

Pakistan would till the very last minute not want to press the button, as even Paki Generals know that they have no hope of surviving a nuclear exchange with India. But if a mad-man were to press the button, then, well, the rules of the game inherently changes, irrespective of which country the mad-man belongs.

The issue for Pakistan is not entirely PoK. Even if the issue is resolved amicably, which I do not see in the foreseeable future, PA would invent things to prop up the hatred against India. For the PA to remain in control in Pakistan, nothing is better than feeding the masses the dangers from a nuclear armed Hindu India, as has always been the case.
Like I said we should take POK with the very real consequence of having to face a nuclear attack. There are no upsides to a nuclear war, but if there was one it would be a denuclearized Pakistan. No country in the world would object.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The basic idea about India must be consensual and unifying, but if there is no such idea or the idea itself is vague, there is bound to be terrible problems in understanding between Indians themselves as to what the country should be. The problem is we have allowed this diversion of core idea about India to be prolonged for so long, that we can see the disparity of ideologies and identities in this forum itself, which is just a minuscule representation of the actual population of India. And then there is a large chunk of population of who cannot even form a proper idea of India. What is this nation going to be in future? A directionless mass of land who is just another sheep in the herd.
There is no time for people to think so deep, The majority are not mature enough to go so deep..

As per the fourm, Here few are good enough not majority..

Yes, there are serious flaws but not so serious to destablise this country..

As i told, Majority of People are same not different they are same and proud, This is my experience from where i am speaking, But you can disagree with me..

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

You have hit the nail on the head.

PA/ISI want to remain in power and for that they have to show India as enemy and themselves as saviours to the public so that they remain in power.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Until there is a fool proof way to intercept there nukes before it hits the target it is foolish to get into a nuke slugfest.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
See this is where we go wrong, we underestimate the power of many small factors coming together to cause a major rift.
Can you spell out your fear in greater detail? What 'small rift-causing factions' exist in India?

Vyom

Seeker
There is no time for people to think so deep, The majority are not mature enough to go so deep..

As per the fourm, Here few are good enough not majority..

Yes, there are serious flaws but not so serious to destablise this country..

As i told, Majority of People are same not different they are same and proud, This is my experience from where i am speaking, But you can disagree with me..
Your experience may not be untrue, but then again a single person can only scratch the surface of Indian mindset. J & K is quite segregated, common people there hardly know the rest of India. In Maharashtra, UPs and Biharis are beaten up as if they come from Pakistan. I won't be surprised if 60% of India that is rural or semi-urban even care what India is turning into or what it would eventually be given its present direction. Whatever relations people shared as Indians once is getting lost. Regionalism is being promoted over nationalism, and although this is only an overture right now, I do not see that case in the future.

Even so the core values of India are at loss. The affection for each other is speeding down, people are becoming zombies.

Concerning terrorism, this makes us soft from inside. We can be divided and bleed ourselves from inside.

Last edited:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Can you spell out your fear in greater detail? What 'small rift-causing factions' exist in India?
Post #53 by Vyom says it all.

J & K is quite segregated, common people there hardly know the rest of India. In Maharashtra, UPs and Biharis are beaten up as if they come from Pakistan. I won't be surprised if 60% of India that is rural or semi-urban even care what India is turning into or what it would eventually be given its present direction. Whatever relations people shared as Indians once is getting lost. Regionalism is being promoted over nationalism, and although this is only an overture right now, I do not see that case in the future.

Even so the core values of India are at loss. The affection for each other is speeding down, people are becoming zombies.

Concerning terrorism, this makes us soft from inside. We can be divided and bleed ourselves from inside.

Last edited:

Vyom

Seeker
Let me add a question - prior to independence, independence was the unifying factor for all Indians to come together as one, what is the unifying factor now that may join us together and that we may strive to achieve as one nation? If only we can answer to this question, and with which the majority of Indians agree can we think of a relatively better, powerful India.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Post #53 by Vyom says it all.
No, it doesn't - it is a perfect example of unnecessary scaremongering and unwarranted doomsday chest beating.

First of all, let us put a stop to this over-exaggerated self-flagellation. What does "Biharis and UPites are beaten in Mumbai" mean? Such statements in present continuous, might as well have come from a Paki! A few incidents of hooliganism in 2009-10 (and there was no loss of lives mind you - just hooliganism), and oh - the sky is falling, India is breaking!!! This was absolutely nothing compared to the brutal violence that Mumbai has seen in the past. Also, it is a gross oversimplification to state that "the people there are regionalist, so they are beating Biharis". Like they say, it takes two hands to clap, so let us stop these gross oversimplifications first.

Let us look back at the 90s, shall we? Destroyed economy, babri Masjid and post riots, Bombay riots, rise of Dawood and criminal underworld like never before, outbreak of bubonic plague, violence in Kashmir, separatism and terrorism, Khalistan terror in Punjab, ULFA terror in Assam, dozens of active insurgencies in N-E, rise of Naxalism in central India, rising communalism, caste violence, Ranbir Sena, Dalit Sena, total goonda raj in Bihar, kidnappings off the street!

Please compare today's situation with what I described above. One would have to be a remarkably gloomy individual to paint a doomsday picture today, when all this is past us.

I have said it before and I say it again - today our nation is in the best shape in the history of independent India. Things have improved dramatically since the 90s. And things continue to improve day by day. In such a situation, I cannot fathom what makes people beat their chest about all kinds of "doom and gloom".

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Let me add a question - prior to independence, independence was the unifying factor for all Indians to come together as one, what is the unifying factor now that may join us together and that we may strive to achieve as one nation? If only we can answer to this question, and with which the majority of Indians agree can we think of a relatively better, powerful India.
The unifying factor is the desire to be part of India and build a prosperous and powerful nation. That's it.

A Bangalore Hindu and a Gorakhpur Muslim ought to share the same goal, as should a farmer from Motihari and an MNS cadre from Pune.

Rage

DFI TEAM
That is true. Now think logically about this. Given heterogeneity, how do you propose to bring about a unified stand? Would you tackle it politically, socio-culturally, legally or otherwise?

Heterogeneity is the worst thing about India. I am not talking about religion or social classes or race, but that of everything else except those. Language, economic conditions, national feeling all these vary from one region to another. The ouster of any problem requires us to attack it from the root. The root cause is heterogeneity. There are too many opinions in India, there are too many perspectives in India most of which are misinformed and malintentioned. It is also a cause of concern that we do not have an unified education system. Think patriotism, think Russia, think USA and note that they all have a common language a common education system and though there are many opinions about everything around, they are not divergent but emergent and logically converge to give to a nationalistic stand.
We must set our house in order first before we can destroy the cockroach colony in our backyard. So, a national consensus and a national will is first needed to fight terrorists and terrorism, else all other efforts however well-intentioned will ultimately fail as the last two decades have shown.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
That is true. Now think logically about this. Given heterogeneity, how do you propose to bring about a unified stand? Would you tackle it politically, socio-culturally, legally or otherwise?
Frankly, this "unification" business scares me. People who try to impose some artificial homogeneity will end up doing more harm than good.

Why look at the Americans or the Russians? This is the prime example of "aping the West". We are India, we are different. We have our own ethos, our own ways of dealing with things, our own worldview.

Just look at the panic in the West with rising immigration. With less than 1% Muslim population, we see them crying about the danger from Islam, etc. etc. etc. If they had the kind of mix that India has (religious, regional, linguistic, cultural, etc.), those nations would have self-destructed long ago.

We have nothing to learn from them in this respect.

Vyom

Seeker
The unifying factor is the desire to be part of India and build a prosperous and powerful nation. That's it.

A Bangalore Hindu and a Gorakhpur Muslim ought to share the same goal, as should a farmer from Motihari and an MNS cadre from Pune.
Prosperous and powerful - our definitions will wary. And I don't think, that is the desire that normally drives Indians. The desires are personal ambitions. If that were not the case, we would not have to face such humongous loss of work ethics and even basic ethical issues.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles