DFI TEAM
Country flag
Hey Singh, what happened to coffee ?

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
24: should not smoke in front of a lady/ Girl Unless she is smoking too

ahmedsid

Top Gun
25) Gentlemen Dont Kiss N Tell (This is the Golden Rule of em all! Chuck all other rules follow this :p )

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
26. A real Man knows that Practical Jokes aren't funny if you die.

Last edited by a moderator:

trackwhack

27. Real Men ride 2 stroke 2 wheeled monsters. Four strokes and Four wheels waste 2.

pmaitra

How to be a real man?

How to be a real man? My take:

A. Biologically:
  • Must have at least one functional scrotal sack although having a pair is recommended.
  • Must have a penis.
  • Must be able to perform basic sexual acts.
B. Socially:
  • Must be responsible.
  • Must have a reliable source of income. Merely satisfying conditions in section A does not make one a man.
  • Must be willing to stand by his wife at all times.
  • Must be able to support children's educations before giving birth to any child. Otherwise, use latex products with absolutely no exceptions.
  • Must know how to treat women: This only applies to women who behave like ladies; those that don't are better avoided.
C. Aggression:
  • Must not assault a woman unless the woman attempts to do some kind of grievous bodily harm. A man reserves the right to strike a woman if the woman is the first to attempt to assault the man. The man should never be the first to assault.
  • Must be willing to lay his life when mother's, wife's, sister's et al. life is in danger.

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Confidence-Honestly, confidence is number one for a reason. Girls generally don't think men are manly if they don't have any confidence and even guys that are total dweebs, in many cases, can still attract gals by displaying this characteristic. Ways that guys can better gain and have confidence is by being happy about who you are and just being yourself (as cheesy as it sounds).

Sense of Humor-Girls just downright tend to think funny guys are generally more masculine, a lot more masculine then us guys would think, mind you. Girls like to be entertained by cute, funny guys so by having some funny characteristics, girls may think you're masculine even if you've never hit the weight room in you're life.
Showering/Smell-OK, you've gotta smell good for the ladies, or things just won't work out. If the first or second thing a girl notices about you is your stench, then all is lost. By showering everyday, wearing some deodorant, etc., you can not lose masculinity, unless that girl likes your bodily odor.

Exercise-Girls generally think guys that work out, up to a point, are more masculine. Running and swimming usually doesn't cut it (sorry Michael Phelps), but this is a category that girls generally don't give to big of a hoot about. Some girls liked a ripped upper body and others don't so you're best bet really is to just be yourself and do occasional exercise. Confidence can make up for this area in leaps and bounds sometimes.

Appearance-The facial expression and appearance of a guy is a big determining factor of whether a guy looks "masculine" or not. Honestly, this characteristic varies even more then the last, catering to each individual girl. Some common ways to look more manly don't have to include looks that are tough or display amazing strength, but smiling and being happy are great for many occasions.

Respectful-This is one of the most important skills to learn and use to be more manly. A real man respects women and treats them as princesses, and yes, most women would like the opposite sex to view and treat them as such. Southern hospitality is one of the most manly characteristics a guy can display at times, even if its just opening a door for a girl. Seriously, respect is utterly important and shouldn't have to be built up but most guys need to learn it, sadly.

Goal Oriented-A lot of women don't like to be with guys that aren't going anywhere. Having goals and sticking, moderately, to them makes a girl feel more secure and think more seriously about a guy. Again, some girls like to live on the edge and don't really care, but a lot of women do. Having goals generally can help a guy look more masculine.

Listening Skills-Right up with respect, truly listening to women is a key to not only trivial things like looking masculine, but listening to women can save marriages, help gain lasting bonds and friendships, and can help you find the right girl for you. Listening to a woman shows her you care and will sacrifice some time to totally devote yourself to what she thinks and has to say. Every woman I know says that this characteristic is important.

Hobbies-Once again, girls tend to like guys that are going somewhere in life and by "showing off" with hobbies, girls can get acquainted with and curious of guys. Some hobbies, obviously, are more attractive to some kind of women then others, but be yourself with what you do and the right girl will come along.

Sensitivity-Yes, having some amount of sensitivity makes men appear masculine to most women. We're not talking about crying all the way through a movie, but showing empathy and maybe tears once in a while (shock!). Overdoing it isn't good, but this is really a characteristic that a person can only really be himself about.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
A real man knows the difference between what's important and what isn't.
A real man doesn't gossip. He shelters information and rations his words.
Real men have taken their lumps and learned to defend themselves to succeed.

"A real man makes decisions and lives with the consequences."

- real men do not wear panty, however he can go "commando."

pmaitra

A real man knows the difference between what's important and what isn't.
A real man doesn't gossip. He shelters information and rations his words.
Real men have taken their lumps and learned to defend themselves to succeed.

"A real man makes decisions and lives with the consequences."

- real men do not wear panty, however he can go "commando."

You did stare at this for more than 5 seconds, staring from searching for it to posting it. If not, then definitely now as you see my reply. No you are not homo and I have stared at this picture for more than 5 seconds and neither am I a homo. I must admire the hard work this guy put in to get those abs. Excellent abs and v-cut. Take away packs 5 and 6, and ... well I won't brag. ;)

I agree with the black and brown statements and disagree with the purple and white ones. I too wear those; those are not panties, those are men's bikinis.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
[/LIST]C. Aggression:
  • Must not assault a woman unless the woman attempts to do some kind of grievous bodily harm. A man reserves the right to strike a woman if the woman is the first to attempt to assault the man. The man should never be the first to assault.
  • Must be willing to lay his life when mother's, wife's, sister's et al. life is in danger.
Most important virtues, than any of the above listed above.:rolleyes:

...and yeah grow your mush.

pmaitra

Most important virtues, than any of the above listed above.:rolleyes:

...and yeah grow your mush.
I have a moustache, but I won't hold it against those that don't. C'mon, it is personal choice.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I have a moustache, but I won't hold it against those that don't. C'mon, it is personal choice.
...I know..But it definitely adds to your 'masculine' image. I don't know..atleast my 'friends' say so.

pmaitra

...I know..But it definitely adds to your 'masculine' image. I don't know..atleast my 'friends' say so.
I agree personally, but most people in my state (WB) don't think so. I think there is a lot of influence on the people (in TN) from Rajnikanth and his charismatic moustache?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
All men should have stylized facial hair of some sort. If you don't then you are not a man in my eyes.

Reactions: KS

KS

Bye bye DFI
I agree personally, but most people in my state (WB) don't think so. I think there is a lot of influence on the people (in TN) from Rajnikanth and his charismatic moustache?
hehe no..the fad (actually necessity) goes far far beyond Rajni.

Infact even if our literature,all brave warriors are portrayed as having large mush....and the name "Veerapandiya Kattabomman" is the most famous for it.

Even culture wise...people think it is an essential symbol of masculinity..(actually some castes don't keep mush predominantly & in some castes you will derided for not keeping a mush).

The situation is slowly changing in urban centers especially among the youth..But as now, it still remains an essential part of masculinity in this part of the country..and civfanatic's post only adds to it.

What if he has: a mush; a bush; but no salamander?
:lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles