How should INDIA react in case the current political scenario changes in Pakistan

lupgain

Country flag
Guys... recently I had been thinking :p (which I rarely do)... Ok serious topic..

With different politicians voicing their views fiercely and taking stances.. [most of them against PPP..Zardari and Gilani]...like PTI - (Imran Khan), PML-N (Nawaz Sharif), MQM, ANP.. etc ( I would name the famous ones only)...irrespective of their political style (liberal, conservative, regional and also those influenced by radical Islam).. and considering the current downfall of present rulers in Pakistan my concern is

" HOW SHOULD INDIA REACT IN CASE THE CURRENT POLITICAL SCENARIO CHANGES, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHO BECOMES THE NEXT LEADER?"

a. Have our North block- South block thought of plan B, if such a situation prevails? Should we have party specific strategy or country specific?
b. What about the current peace talks going between two countries? What if the K-factors starts dominating the talks again?
c. What happens to the current thawing of relationship which both the countries have seen?
d. What about ease in trade norms and economic ties that both countries have seen? The MFN status? What happens to this?
e. Would another party who comes into power, respect the current progress done by both countries... or will we land back to square one?

Last but not least

How many of you think that current political leadership should change in Pakistan and it will be good for both the countries?

ALSO vice-versa, if UPA government changes then what should be strategy of next government? Say if NDA government comes back to power?

:confused:

Reactions: nrj

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Regardless of any political turmoil, it makes no difference to India. It's Pak Army that matters.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
a. Have our North block- South block thought of plan B, if such a situation prevails? Should we have party specific strategy or country specific?
What is this Plan B?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Interesting.

What is NDA's proposed policy on Pak? :hmm:

Why Pakistan is never prime electoral agenda?

lupgain

Country flag
Regardless of any political turmoil, it makes no difference to India. It's Pak Army that matters.
So do you mean that, currently Pak Army is holding itself back from playing anything dirty... but still they have complete control over the country? and the political situation there is just a puppet show.. staged by politician stooges... Do you mean... Pak army can change the picture anytime they want to?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Plan B is alternative plan than the one currently under execution...
That is obvious, isn't it?

Unless one knows what is this Plan B that you envisage or know of, one would only be commenting out of context.

Plan B can be anything from playing second fiddle to Pakistan including giving away Siachen, Sir Creek and even Kashmir to have peace at all cost to eliminating Pakistan through a nuclear attack!

Last edited:

lupgain

Country flag
That is obvious, isn't it?

Unless one knows what is this Plan B that you envisage or know of, one would only be commenting out of context.

Plan B can be anything from playing second fiddle to Pakistan to nuclear attack!
:hmm: accepted

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I would not know what is Plan B, but what India should do is while not standing in the way to trade and social exchanges, not allow Pakistan any leeway over the disputed areas, action against their terrorists and terrorist operations aimed at India and keeping Pakistan like a cat on a hot tin roof!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Seriously somebody from BJP HQ, tell us how NDA will handle Pakis ?

UPA-3 is very unlikely, people deserve to know how successive Govt will manage paki jihadists.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
So do you mean that, currently Pak Army is holding itself back from playing anything dirty... but still they have complete control over the country? and the political situation there is just a puppet show.. staged by politician stooges... Do you mean... Pak army can change the picture anytime they want to?
Is there any doubt?

lupgain

Country flag
Is there any doubt?
Yusuf sir,

Though I don't doubt it.... but I feel that It won't be that easy for Pak army this time to change the scenario... looking at politicians from different parties fearlessly voicing their thoughts in media... If now Pakistan army would attempt any such coup... that would be anarchy for them and Pakistan and Pakistan would implode badly.. resulting into pieces... ( :D I would love such a situation to prevail though)...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf sir,

Though I don't doubt it.... but I feel that It won't be that easy for Pak army this time to change the scenario... looking at politicians from different parties fearlessly voicing their thoughts in media... If now Pakistan army would attempt any such coup... that would be anarchy for them and Pakistan and Pakistan would implode badly.. resulting into pieces... ( :D I would love such a situation to prevail though)...
They don't have to engage in a coup. Kiyani is calling all the shots while staying away from the limelight. He probably has learnt something from India. Remote control government.

lupgain

Country flag
They don't have to engage in a coup. Kiyani is calling all the shots while staying away from the limelight. He probably has learnt something from India. Remote control government.
Hmmm.. good point ...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Recently held meeting for discussion on opening NATO supply line which got scuttled on the issue of drone strike. What does it tell you?

lupgain

Country flag

Recently held meeting for discussion on opening NATO supply line which got scuttled on the issue of drone strike. What does it tell you?
This picture is worth million words.. no.. politician in the meeting.. (where is Hina Khar Rabanni???)

But if it would be public plebiscite then??? I mean politicians and Pakistani's has long been rebelling against drone attacks but Pak army didn't utter a word until..Mohmand was attacked by Nato forces and they lost 24 soldiers... they have to say no to US.. I somewhere feel confronting Taliban and Haqqani network was not under their agenda.. also huge funds for military comes from US not from Pakistan government sir...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This picture is worth million words.. no.. politician in the meeting.. (where is Hina Khar Rabanni???)

But if it would be public plebiscite then??? I mean politicians and Pakistani's has long been rebelling against drone attacks but Pak army didn't utter a word until..Mohmand was attacked by Nato forces and they lost 24 soldiers... they have to say no to US.. I somewhere feel confronting Taliban and Haqqani network was not under their agenda.. also huge funds for military comes from US not from Pakistan government sir...
But that's exactly what it is. Mushy did not want to fight the war on terror till he faced the stone age threat. He is a wily old fox and converted adversity into opportunity by milking the US while doing nothing for the US in the WoT. Hid Osama for years, the very person who was responsible for the start of the WoT post 9/11.

lupgain

Country flag
But that's exactly what it is. Mushy did not want to fight the war on terror till he faced the stone age threat. He is a wily old fox and converted adversity into opportunity by milking the US while doing nothing for the US in the WoT. Hid Osama for years, the very person who was responsible for the start of the WoT post 9/11.
So... now here is same point that I want to prove... having gotten red faced after OBL operation and world pointing finger towards ISI for every terror attack... I think Pak army is left with very limited moves..

If at all he (Gen. Kayani) is calling any shots .. (Remote controlling) it is limited.. because I think Pak army understands now the Gap between their capabilities and expectations from public..

Pak army heightened expectations of their citizens by hyping every thing about Pak army and when they can't do anything about drone attacks or Mohmand attack.. they are left with limited moves.. and If Zardari and Gilani are their puppets then this would be the very limited options they are left with.. that's why I said... and any turmoil (like PTI (IK) staging Tsunami March with PML-N) wouldn't be controlled by them.. because this would implode... any ways Baluchistan slipping, Sindu desh gripping, unrest in Karachi...) People would someday revolt ... if you think Kayani would be replaced by another Pak General.. but still Pak army is left with very little option...

What I mean their grip on the country is not like how it was in the past till 2005 (Mushy era)??? What do u say sir...

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles