How Should India Deal with Illegal Immigrants?

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
^^^^^ The problem is that India has more than 30 Million BDs!

peacecracker

Re: Indians Stop blaming bangladeshis and pakistan for your Policy failure

Strawman argument.
Any demographic change is dangerous for India, that too when failed islamic states push their own - into our country and where muhajirs have steadily influxed (as seen wwith Hydrabadis, UP and Malabaris in particular) and BDs are encroaching our land -- this leads to the conflict and islamic jihad, which then created a mess and gets culled by an heavy hand.In short such a situation needs to be avoided and all illegal islamic people sent back to their respective shitholes. It does not matter what muhajirs, Bangladeshis, or islam thinks!
Malabari Muslims there are very less numbers immigrated may be 4000-5000 will be surviving in pakistan. and I don't think there is any immigration to malabar(kerala).

also, I will want to correct some generalized assumptions - first being kerala muslims are shafi's like those in south east asian countries(not hanafi muslims). kerala muslims don't even speak a word in urdu or hindi rather they will speak arabi-malayalam. and the north Indian ulema's(devband or bareily) have literally no control on them. kerala muslims have their own leaders and all the sects gel with malabari/kerala identity than urdu speakers. blanket accusation is not good. may be 30 or 40 old men(currently in Kerala) who used to travel to karachi got blocked by paki authority before independence must not be counted as paki mohajirs.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

Malabari Muslims there are very less numbers immigrated may be 4000-5000 will be surviving in pakistan. and I don't think there is any immigration to malabar(kerala).

also, I will want to correct some generalized assumptions - first being kerala muslims are shafi's like those in south east asian countries(not hanafi muslims). kerala muslims don't even speak a word in urdu or hindi rather they will speak arabi-malayalam. and the north Indian ulema's(devband or bareily) have literally no control on them. kerala muslims have their own leaders and all the sects gel with malabari/kerala identity than urdu speakers. blanket accusation is not good. may be 30 or 40 old men(currently in Kerala) who used to travel to karachi got blocked by paki authority before independence must not be counted as paki mohajirs.
Hell lods of Malabari came back to Calicut and other places -- they influxed during 80-90s (UP and Hydrabad has seen constant return from pakistan and they have been claiming their properties - and creating a mess) ! Very few Malabaris are left in Karachi today majority have migrated to India and ME.

Secondly, the so called malabari muslims are no less fanatic these days than UP and Bihari muslims......Mapillah violence (old violence), Kasargode, Malapuram etc violence is one such example.....PFI (Popular Front of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is one such contribution of these people to India.

In 80s no woman used to wear Burkhas in Kerala....now leave that u may find men wearing Thawb and Kaffiyeh!

No accusation here, however observations from Kerela!

Last edited:

parijataka

Country flag
Take all of them to border and force them to enter Bangladesh on gun point and if BD retaliates, provide cover to them militarily. The way we are deporting and number won't solve the problem of 3 million illegal BD people.
Most estimates set illegal BDs at 20 million plus.

parijataka

Country flag

Kerala Muslims are very active in fake currency and passport rackets these days. Plus due to large number of Keralites in Gulf radicalisation of Muslims is happening. One example being hand chopping of Prof Joseph. Moplah uprising in which Kerala Muslims raped and killed Hindus when the British govt did not protect the Ottoman Empire post WW-I is reputed to have converted/killed/driven out 1 lakh Hindus. Similar to what happened now when Muslims in different parts of India are turning on North Easterners in support of Bangladeshi and Myanmar brothers. Kerala is no land of peace. As per latest reports, Kerala based PFI is being investigated by cyber security agencies along with BD based HuJI for the recent incidents.

Last edited:

devgupt

Country flag
See , middle class Indians go to US and when they come back , they bring something of that land back to India. They try to act like Yankees here in India.
Ditto for Kerala muslims who go to Gulf.When they come back , they bring back elements of Arabic culture here.
The difference between the two is that , in the second case there is an element of hate involved, which is detrimental to social harmony.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why are we debating about illegal immigrants?

Hasn't the CM of Assam, with the concurrence of the Supremo, Sonia Gandhi, who chalks out our destiny, not clearly stated that there are NO illegal immigrants?

They have clearly indicated that those who think there are illegal immigrants are but Don Quixotes tilting at windmills!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One of my Keralite friends recently said that he was conversant with Bengali.

I asked him how come?

He said the Keralites have gone to Dubai and the Bangladeshi have come to Kerala.

And so Bengali is the language that is most heard and spoken in Kerala than Malayalam!

If you did not know Bengali, you would not be able to navigate around in Kerala or get anything done! :pound:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

ABVP Video: Start Watching from 1:50

Absolutely Correct and accurate situation at 12:00

This particular ABVP rally was never covered by paid/secular/sold-out media.....This rally was huge, but no coverage to the issue by minority owned media. Watch at - 17:15
and their contribution?

Last edited by a moderator:

ani82v

Country flag
Assam: How Ulfa terrorism altered demographic pattern | The Asian Age

A book titled As-sam Terrorism and the Demog-raphic Chal-lenge (Centre for Land Warfare Studies-Knowledge World), written by me and published in 2009, assumes greater relevance in the light of the recent riots in Kokrajhar. It dwells on how the demographic pattern of at least eight districts in Assam got adversely altered over two decades of terrorism by United Liberation Front of Assom (Ulfa), when its leaders were hiding in Bangladesh.

Decades of illegal migration from erstwhile East Pakistan, later Bangladesh, into Assam eventually led to the bloody anti-foreigner agitation in 1983, in which at least 2,000 people were hacked to death in a place called Nellie, a few hours from Guwahati. Those killed were Muslims, accused to be illegal migrants and occupants of land that belonged to Lalung tribals.

The agitation culminated in the Assam Accord signed by the central government and representatives of All Assam Students Union (AASU), which was largely an economic package. The Illegal Migration Determination by Tribunal (IMDT) Act enacted by the ruling Congress in 1983, replacing the Foreigner's Act of 1946, was clearly driven by political agenda of vote bank. It virtually regularised illegal migrants from Bangladesh who migrated into India up to March, 1971 and even beyond. Peace was bought through a financial package on one hand, and status-quo prevailed in terms of accepting Bangladeshis who migrated before March, 1971 as Indian citizens on the other. The vote bank was saved. Constitutionality of such an accord between a students union and central government was never questioned.

This Act made it almost impossible for a Bangladeshi migrant to be deported from Assam. Under the Act, the onus of establishing nationality rested not on the illegal migrant, not on the government, but on an individual who had to pay a fee to lodge a complaint to a stipulated jurisdiction. It took 22 years for the Supreme Court to repeal IMDT Act as un-constitutional in 2005. Initiated by AASU, the agitation produced a political party called Asom Gana Parishad (AGP), and an armed wing called United Liberation Front of Asom (Ulfa), which by late 1980s had penetrated all departments of the state government and developed into a deadly menace, extorting money and killing with impunity. In late November 1990, when President's rule was promulgated and the Army launched against it, its boss, Paresh Barua, and close cohorts fled to Bangladesh, thereby betraying that very cause. As I had assessed in early 1992, Barua and gang soon came into the strong grip of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) detachment in Bangladesh. The Ulfa escapees not only became conduits for ISI to enter India 's Northeast region to establish contacts with other violent groups there, but also became its great assets for anti-India activities. Ulfa became an effective tool of the ISI for pursuing its aim of inducting and settling illegal Bangladeshi migrants in various parts into Assam, raising new madarasas and controlling old ones and trying to convert ethnic Assamese Muslims to fundamentalism, creating communal tension, circulating fake Indian currency, trafficking arms and narcotics, sabotaging installations-particularly rail and oil- and public services, assassinations and massacres and generally spreading terror. Whenever Ulfa felt the heat of Army operations, its oft-repeated ploy was to cry out for ceasefire and negotiation, only to get respite and reorganise itself.

Bodoland comprises the Bodoland Territorial Autonomous Districts (BTAD), which include parts of Kokrajhar, Baksa, Chirang and Udalguri districts. Administered by the autonomous Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC), this territory came into existence since 10 February 2003, when the BTC Accord was signed between the Assam government, the Union government and the Bodo Liberation Tigers on. Recognised as a plains tribe in the Sixth Schedule of the Indian Constitution. Udalguri and Kokrajhar are considered the centre of Bodoland with Kokrajhar selected as its capital. Involved in rice cultivation, tea plantation, pig and poultry farming, and silkworm rearing, weaving is part of Bodo culture. no Bodo courtyard is complete without a loom and Bodo girls learn to weave from a young age. Many families rear their own silkworms, the cocoons of which are then spun into silk. Assam's superior "mooga" silk saris are famous and expensive as they are intricately woven.

According to news reports, the recent July-August 2012 riots between Bodos and non-Bodos/non-Assamese in Kokrajhar, being referred to as "Bangladeshis/Mians from Bangladesh" and its neighbouring districts have left 77 killed and about 3,78,045 people rendered homeless. This being an official figure, no one knows how many more people have taken shelter in the safe zones. Out of the displaced, 2,66,700 are Muslims and 1,11,345 are Bodos. They are in 235 relief camps spread across four districts of the state. Of the 235 camps, 99 camps are for Bodo residents and 136 camps are for Muslim residents. Dhubri district has 90 relief camps, Kokrajhar has 71, Chirang has 62 and Bongaigaon has 12. School and college summer-breaks have been extended. According to news reports and visuals from networks, many of these camps are a living hell. Till some days ago, there were reportedly only 117 doctors available for almost 4,00,000 displaced people in these camps, where at least 8,000 children were reported to be sick. With very little or no water, very few toilets and nothing more than only rice to eat, there seems scant hope of any improvement in the health and hygiene.

However, news reports following the visit of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Union home minister Sushilkumar Shinde to some of the relief camps on 13 August quote Mrs Gandhi as saying that she asked the refugees whether they were facing any problem in the camp or had any complaints but they replied they had none. "The refugees said that they were receiving rations regularly. Only two children were unwell and the doctors will attend to them," she is further quoted to have said. Does this mean that by the time she visited facilities had been provided? Or was she conveniently shown only those camps which being closer to urban centres are much better equipped? Because the disparity in the earlier reports and visuals and those following her visit is very wide.

A senior journalist based in Guwahati, working for a national daily, who visited Kokrajhar soon after the riots erupted reflected general concern when he remarked while speaking to me: "If Bodos, considered quite fierce, have been targeted, what will be the plight of non-Bodos/ Assamese"¦. No one wants to go back to their villages"¦. "Bodoland is our birth right" is the slogan written on bus stops and walls of buildings."

It is also reported that the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) youth have made it clear that they do not want the Bengali Muslims/"miyans/Bangladeshis" back in their districts. Direct warnings conveyed to them are that they may return at their own peril. Older slogans from student organisations like the All Bodo Students Union (ABSU) are "No Bodoland, No Rest. Divide Assam, 50-50".

The Bodo movement and the demand for Bodoland was all because of dispossession of tribal land by non-Bodos, mostly Bengali and Assamese settlers. The demand also included recognition of their language and culture. In 1988, the National Democratic Front of Bodoland was formed for the purpose of launching a guerrilla war against New Delhi.

Pramod Boro, president of All Bodo Students Union, quoted in the media said: "It is very clear. A genuine Indian citizen has every right to stay where they want to. But out of the people in the camps are also illegal migrants. They have taken advantage of the situation, of the weakness in the law."

The large gathering at Mumbai's Azad Maidan protesting against what transpired against Muslims in Assam and Burma can very likely be attributed to the well-established Pak ISI and Mumbai underworld connection cemented by Dawood Ibrahim in 1993, prior to the Mumbai blasts.

What is ironic is that both the Centre and Assam government, led by chief minister Tarun Gogoi, are now enthusiastically negotiating with the so-called pro-talks faction of Ulfa, whose members actively catalysed and greatly boosted the process of illegal migration by Bangladeshis and also got them settled in many areas by terrorising/massacring Assamese and non-Assamese-speaking communities during the two decades till the Bangladesh Nationalist Party was in power.

Anil Bhat, a retired Army officer, is a defence and security analyst based in New Delhi

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Time has come to declare Emergency in Assam and deal with the illegals.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
A Bodo's view on the Assam Conflict

Would You Not Protect Your Home From Outsiders?

I'm a Bodo. Okay, half a Bodo. My mother is of a different tribe.I have nothing personal against Bangladeshis.My main problem with them is this: there are too damned many of them now. And they're swamping my home state. And I'm angry that too many articles are being written and too many news stories are being aired by people who spend most of their time getting their butts cooled in AC rooms in Delhi.By people who have not grown up in Assam.People who have not seen that where there used to be just empty green fields, there are now entire towns of Bangladeshis.People who don't know the difference between Bangladeshi Muslims and indigenous Assamese Muslims, who are highly educated, classy, have been living here for centuries without any problems and are so liberal that the Taliban would get a stroke. (For heaven's sake, I'm thrilled at the possible chance of being able to act, if things fall into place, in a film with Adil Hussain, a fellow Assamese!)

I suppose the whole of India must be wondering what exactly is going on in Assam (at least the ones who like to keep abreast of things beyond their local multiplex and mall). The truth is: even I don't know exactly what's going on in Assam. I'm as much of an armchair warrior as the people I've just taken a dig at, but with two differences. One, I'm cooling my arse in a non-AC room in Mumbai. And two – the crucial difference – I've grown up in Assam and I can tell you, first hand, what I think the real problem is. Tehelka is the only magazine that has got things correct. (a.k.a agrees with me)Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine

You might not believe Tehelka, you might not believe me, but it's up to you to take these inputs and draw a reasonable conclusion yourselves.

But first, a question. Suppose a man comes to your house and asks to live in a shack on your land. You're generous, so you say okay. Then a few months later, he asks if he can bring his wife and children too. You say okay, fine. Then a few months later, he brings his parents. Then his uncles and aunties. Then nephews. Then cousins. Grandmothers. Grandfathers. Uncles-in-law"¦Till there's suddenly thirty of them and one fine day they say to you, "This is our house now. Please leave." What would you do?Quietly leave? And maybe give them your vehicle too?Or tell them to get the **** out?

If you'd want to throw them out, then you understand what the Bodos have been trying to do. Protecting their homeland. And today it happens to be the Bodos only because they are smack on the border with Bangladesh.
If, for example, Karbi Anglong was on the Bangladesh border, you'd be hearing the word Karbi instead of Bodo. If Bangladesh was adjacent to upper Assam, you'd probably be substituting Ahoms, Misings and Deoris instead of Bodos. And it's not just the Assamese who're feeling threatened. Bangladeshis have become a problem for all the seven sisters. The chief Naga body – the Naga Hoho – has also called for the whole of the North-East to unite against the Bangladeshi invasion.

I repeat, I have nothing personal against Bangladeshis. I've had the good fortune of acting as a sort of Mumbai guide for Bangladeshi rock star Hassan. Two PBOs (Persons of Bangladeshi Origin, to be politically correct) have been helping at my uncles' homes in Guwahati for many years now. The problem is in their sheer numbers, thanks to which they've already become kingmakers in state politics – I'm not saying this on my own; the Gauhati High Court has said so.

If 2 million Bangladeshis came and settled in Andheri, Juhu, Malad, Goregaon etc and then started claiming Mumbai to be theirs, would Mumbaikars happily vacate their flats? If Bangladeshi hordes came and started occupying Vasant Vihar, Mukherjee Nagar, Hauz Khas etc, would Delhi folk say okay fine, take these lands?I'm guessing no.So please don't blame the indigenous people of Assam for protecting their land from illegal immigrants who're multiplying at alarming proportions. Some "experts" have tried to massage census figures to claim that Bangladeshi immigration is minimal or non-existent. Well – "lies, damned lies and statistics". Anyone growing up in Assam has seen whole towns and villages of Bangladeshis spring up in just a few years. Too many of these "experts" are busy trying to justify them as Indians on technicalities.

There are many articles you can read about the roots of the problem, chief of which is that the Congress had been using the Bangladeshis as their vote banks all these years. Unfortunately, they received a nasty shock in the last two elections, because the Bangladeshis don't need to vote for the Congress any more. They now have the AIUDF, led by perfume baron Badruddin Ajmal. And if you think I'm saying this just because I'm a Bodo, read this to hear it from Assam's own indigenous Muslims: Assam Muslims blame perfume baron for unrest - Hindustan Times

But let me tell you a bit more about the Bodo people, whom you've probably heard about only in conjunction with the term 'militant'. Bodos are mostly simple people who take things at face value – which has frequently been their undoing – and are satisfied with the simple pleasures of life. Your typical Bodo is calm and soft-spoken, but when he loses his temper, he really loses it. I happen to have grown up in towns and cities, but always cherish my visits to my father's ancestral village. Christmas is the best time to go, because that's when the feasts are happening. There's usually a lot of smoked pork, which we roast over a bonfire at night. We take torches and go into the potato fields, uproot lots of them, then bring them back to roast along with the pork. Usually there's fish too. And then there's a wide variety of splendid leafy vegetables I haven't seen anywhere outside the North-East. Around midnight, the carol singers and musicians, both girls and boys, come by, dressed in colourful winterwear, wielding flutes, drums and sometimes an acoustic guitar. They sing Bodo songs while informally dancing for a while, then move on to the next house. (Our village has mostly Christians. I don't know what the exact population ratio is of Hindu Bodos to Christian Bodos – it's never really mattered to us.)

There used to be clashes between different communities, but over time, peace prevailed. My eldest uncle's neighbours include Santhals whom I played cricket with. Among the most prosperous is a Bihari family. A little further on one finds several Rabha households. And several Nepali homes line the road to my father's village. One of my brothers-in-law is a Nepali who speaks Bodo fluently, whereas I don't. My mother and eldest mama speak Nepali with ease. My father speaks Santhali too.

In this idyllic world you now have the Bangladeshis. Hordes of them. Threatening to outnumber everyone else.
3-4 years ago there were clashes between Bodos and Bangladeshis. My father and uncles spent nights awake, guarding our homes. Fortunately, trouble didn't come all the way to our doorstep, and this time, there have been numerous peace meetings with representatives of all communities, with the result that these districts have seen no violence so far. Moral of this story: it's possible to live in peace. Even with PBOs. After all, at the end of the day, they're just really poor people who've come in search of a better life.

But.

If these people who come in search of a better life start grabbing your state's forest lands, would you keep quiet and let them? If they reach such numbers that one of them might become the chief minister of your state, would you not feel threatened? If they burn down your friends' ancestral homes – like they've done with a couple of my friends – would you not get angry? If your father and uncles have to spend nights awake, in danger of being attacked, would your blood not boil?

I'm not writing this to justify anything. I'm only asking this: Would you not defend your own family, your own home, from outsiders?

Isn't it a really sad, sad situation for the country when its own citizens have to live in refugee camps because of the threat of masses of illegal immigrants?.

Further reading:

'Stateless' remedy to illegal problem | The Asian Age
The Sterilisation Jihadi | OPEN Magazine

From reddit: A Bodo's view on the Assam Conflict : india

Kesang

Meghalaya Groups Want Check on Illegal Immigrants

Entry permits should be introduced in Meghalaya to restrict the influx of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants, social organisations demanded Wednesday. The Khasi Students' Union (KSU), along with eight other organisations, submitted a joint memorandum to Chief Minister Mukul Sangmaon the issue. "The problem of influx has beenplaguing the state for 30 years and has grown due to lack of sincerity and political will," KSU supremo Daniel Khyriem told IANS Wednesday.
The chief minister earlier admitted that the entry of illegal immigrants into the state was alarming. "When I visited certain parts of the state, I could see that the local indigenous people have been outnumbered by the people from outside the state," Sangma said. The KSU sought restrictions like the inner line permit – required by Indian citizens to enter Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram – saying that the influx situation in Meghalaya might go out of control given its proximity to Bangladesh and Assam.
The inner line permit is issued under the Bengal Eastern Frontier Regulation, 1873, by the state governments. The KSU supremo said that in the last decade the state's population grew by 27.82 percent, as per the census 2011, raising apprehensions of illegal immigration. "The influx of illegal immigrantsin the state is not only alarming in areas bordering Bangladesh and inter-state border with Assam but the immigrants have outnumbered the indigenous tribals in certain areas in Shillong as well," Khyriem said.
The implementation of the inner line permit would help protect the tribal population frombeing "annihilated" in their own land, he said. On July 13, the state assembly in neighbouring Manipur adopted a resolution urging the central government to extend the Bengal Eastern Frontier Regulation, 1873 to the state to check the influx of suspected Bangladeshi and Myanmarese nationals

Meghalaya Groups Want Check on Illegal Immigrants | Northeast Today

The Fox

Round up ALL the illegal bongladesis and kill them, blame it on non-state actors!!!
we are not pakis my friend and to say that it is done by non-state actor we do not have a actor like Rahaman Malik who always pretends as if the bird pooped on some one else when it is all over his shoulder

The Fox

my suggestion would be do a census in all over india as they have spread across india and whoever is from bangaladesh or the ones who donot have proper documents send them out of the country and the ones who tries to fake it jail them non bailable and those indians and indian officials who help them get a fake proof cancel their citizenship

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles