How racist are the Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
You didn't get my point. We are just as ignorant as we are of the Chinese as they are of us. No different between us, the Chinese and the Africans. We are culturally ignorant about most of the Europeans too.

We are just more aware of the Americans, not all Caucasians, because of Hollywood. How many people here are more aware of Christmas than Hanukkah? Heck can you name even one Chinese festival without having to Google it? I wonder if you know even Africans have festivals. But I am pretty sure you will be able to name at least 1 American holiday which is neither religious nor common to our holidays.

The soft powers the Caucasians hold today cannot be matched anytime soon.
Why are you using the term Caucasian? South Asians are predominately caucasians too, as are middle easterners, north africans, many hispanics etc.. Use the term "white people".

praneet.bajpaie

After going through this thread, i believe Chinese have good reasons to be racists toward Indians.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
Before going through this thread, you believed you were wrong in being racist toward Indians, then? lol big joke

Don't worry Chi**y baby, we can be racist towards you too.

The only problem with that is our deference to white skinned Caucasians doesn't really help. White people hate both Indians and Chinese equally. That's the reason why this talk of the Asian Century will never pan out.

If you see the Caucasians work together while we Asians fight among each other.

Now eat a dog and go to sleep. Let the big boys play, slit eyes.

Last edited:

p2prada

Racism works both ways. I am racist toward Chinese cause they are much more racist toward us, and I am no more educated about Chinese affairs than you or any other person.
You can't really say that unless you were at least at the receiving end of racism by a Chinese person. The member @bose can say this, may be you can too if you were in such a situation. For all I know, all we can say is the two individuals who avoided bose are racist.

But if you are simply suggesting the Chinese are racist because you heard about it or read about it, then you are stereotyping them, just like they are about us. I don't know if the Chinese are willfully racist or not, but stereotyping is stereotyping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why are you using the term Caucasian? South Asians are predominately caucasians too, as are middle easterners, north africans, many hispanics etc.. Use the term "white people".
Right. Indians are caucasians even if they are dark though some of them are australoids.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
You can't really say that unless you were at least at the receiving end of racism by a Chinese person. The member @bose can say this, may be you can too if you were in such a situation. For all I know, all we can say is the two individuals who avoided bose are racist.

But if you are simply suggesting the Chinese are racist because you heard about it or read about it, then you are stereotyping them, just like they are about us. I don't know if the Chinese are willfully racist or not, but stereotyping is stereotyping.
East Asians are normally very racist and treat non whites as shit.

praneet.bajpaie

Yes, you are correct. I am stereotyping. But I hope you can appreciate where I am coming from.

praneet.bajpaie

East Asians are normally very racist and treat non whites as shit.
So we can assume that all coloured people treat whites with deference and non whites like shit.

So Winners = White People

Losers = All coloured people.

Is this surmise of mine incorrect?

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
So we can assume that all coloured people treat whites with deference and non whites like shit.

So Winners = White People

Losers = All coloured people.

Is this surmise of mine incorrect?
No. Apart from Arabs, I have not seen any race which treats whites as shit. Indians, East Asians and Africans are all full of awe for whites but Arabs have a sense of superiority over all others.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
No. Apart from Arabs, I have not seen any race which treats whites as shit. Indians, East Asians and Africans are all full of awe for whites but Arabs have a sense of superiority over all others.
I'm not sure if this is true but if it is, I have a new found respect for Arabs

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
usual BBC bs, sorry to say ... China as a system does not have a multiracial part to it, but that is different
from saying that individual Chinese are racist ? If you appear "rich" they respect and if you appear poor, they dont, is what i observe

[QU OTE=Bodhi;890176]Very sad to know. I always thought our culture due to Buddhism had positive image in China.[/QUOTE]
this is where we need to improve, tremendously - we have allowed CCP and previous China administrations
to hijack what is ours and make it theirs - even today we remain silent when the Gov of China organises Buddhist events.
The sole perpetrator of horrific violence against Tibetan Buddhists organises a Buddhist conference . We should have distanced ourselves
from it and made diplomatic and other noises, short of raising the Tibetan issue ...... - did we ?

They are obsessed with light skin - i mean obsessed doesn't even capture it. Indians like light skin but chinese love it. It's the only light skin society where people use products to maintain their light skin. White people don't do that. It all comes down to skin colour and socioeconomic status. Chinese are the most materialistic people in the world you have to remember.
Indians are also racist (possible even more) to mongoloids btw so it works both ways.
every nation seems to prefer lighter skin ( due to anglo-saxon education, films and their programming ? ) - to some extent - so in that particular aspect it's inaccurate to single them out ?

From the article:
"Being brown here is in effect occupying a negative space, marked largely by indifference and apathy. For most people, there's no frame of reference for how to understand Indians. Much of it, as a group of students from Peking University told me when I asked if they knew anyone who was romantically attached to a South Asian, was "unimaginable" " LMAO!
hhahhahah another BBC bs - look at south east asia - so many pretty Chinese girls running after Indian, bangla and pak men

It was some 12 years back while I was flying back from Chang Kai Shek [I hope I remember the name correctly] Airport from Taiwan to Changi Singapore some 4 hour flight journey, the Chinese couple whose seats assigned beside me refused to take their seat when they saw me... the flight attendant promptly changed their seats... the two seats remained vacant during that flight.. .[/QUOTE

given the way that most of us look at most africans , can we really blame the chinese ( not that you are doing so ) .
my problem is that they want to sit next to me ....so consider yourself fortunate !:rofl: ... i would prefer two empty seats next to me

let's turn it around ...would you like to sit in a 3 seater row next to two africans ? ..especially if they look doubtful :toilet: ( nowadays i only wear a (revealing) sari indoors - or only in a group or only when in safer europe ! )

I don't see any difference here either, with the OP referring to the Chinese as C***ks, even though he is better educated about the Chinese than the average Indian layman.

I am pretty sure most people treat African immigrants in India in a similar way, if not worse. A relationship with an African would also seem "unimaginable" here. Hell, a relationship with a Chinese immigrant would also seem "unimaginable" to many.

agree on the last sentence ...nevertheless i would tend to feel ( like another on the thread ) that while the topic is great, might i perhaps be allowed to suggest that it is better for our image if the title were slightly modified to be even more suitable ?, just a mild suggestion :namaste:

My conclusion: we need to get rid of that western "gandhi" image - which is not the image of the true Gandhi ( a very brave, strong man ) but the manipulated western "gandhi" image of the indian who is poverty stricken and therefore has no power - not by reacting adversely, but like the Israeli people have done, to show that we can retaliate but prefer not to. Just my idea - what do you say ? best regards, R.

Last edited:

praneet.bajpaie

i apologise as the OP if the title of the topic seems a bit dicey. Request the mods to change it, please.

Last edited:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I dunno it's just natural.
Why don't people just accept racism.
It's mother nature's way of keeping human population down.
We all should hate each other.
Chinese and japanese look unhygienic to me and I won't have no problem if they think the same about me.
It's like we don't have to get married to them or inter mix with them.
Let's just do some business and racism.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I dunno it's just natural.
Why don't people just accept racism.
It's mother nature's way of keeping human population down.
We all should hate each other.
Chinese and japanese look unhygienic to me and I won't have no problem if they think the same about me.
It's like we don't have to get married to them or inter mix with them.
Let's just do some business and racism.
Problem arises when people start mingling with each other or when an INdian moves to china or chinese move to india. Then racism is a problem! What do you suppose we do then? WOrld is becoming integrated. The future of human race is brown skin, as a result of mixture.

Last edited:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Problem arises when people start mingling with each other or when an INdian moves to china or chinese move to india. Then racism is a problem!
Let me give you an example.
In India when a customer come to you to buy something they some time use abusive language like ------- mat bana and stuff but you have to calm yourself down because if you loose your cool you will loose your customer.
Same with racism you have to keep your cool or else you'll loose money and business.
It's not like Each and every person you meet will have balls to pass racist comments.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I have interacted with dozens of East Asians. From 2011 to 2013 I was pretty much doing all the consulting projects that involved an East Asian client. Korea, Taiwan, China - I used to spend 2 weeks in those nations and 2 weeks in India - I did this constantly, for almost 2 years.

I have never encountered any racism. In fact, as a few people on DFI know, I used to hang around with a Chinese girl quite often on weekends and after office. She showed me around and helped me a lot in translation, traveling, etc.

I am a diamond member on Cathay Pacific and I have found their service and courtesy to be the best among all major airlines.

I don't know on what basis the people here are drawing blanket conclusions that "East Asians are racist". I think all these conclusions are based on internet troll discussions without any real-world experience or interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles