How racist are the Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
They are obsessed with light skin - i mean obsessed doesn't even capture it. Indians like light skin but chinese love it. It's the only light skin society where people use products to maintain their light skin. White people don't do that. It all comes down to skin colour and socioeconomic status. Chinese are the most materialistic people in the world you have to remember.
Indians are also racist (possible even more) to mongoloids btw so it works both ways.

Compersion

Country flag
I am not sure if the thread title is matching the article. The article articulates something much different. It is a fact that average PRC people know very little about Indians and India. The latter part of the article mentions some recent development in Hong Kong that is positive.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I am not sure if the thread title is matching the article. The article articulates something much different. It is a fact that average PRC people know very little about Indians and India. The latter part of the article mentions some recent development in Hong Kong that is positive.
From the article:
"Being brown here is in effect occupying a negative space, marked largely by indifference and apathy. For most people, there's no frame of reference for how to understand Indians. Much of it, as a group of students from Peking University told me when I asked if they knew anyone who was romantically attached to a South Asian, was "unimaginable" "

LMAO!

Compersion

Country flag
From the article:
"Being brown here is in effect occupying a negative space, marked largely by indifference and apathy. For most people, there's no frame of reference for how to understand Indians. Much of it, as a group of students from Peking University told me when I asked if they knew anyone who was romantically attached to a South Asian, was "unimaginable" "

LMAO!
I am not defeating the argument within the article. What i am saying is that the thread title might not be appropriate.

In fact the article could have been written in the same way from Brazil and many other countries. We Indians are not understood well and average people have little knowledge about us.

But that changes when they meet and talk with us. :namaste:

(a bit like the end of the article)

Last edited:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I am not defeating the argument within the article. What i am saying is that the thread title might not be appropriate.

In fact the article could have been written in the same way from Brazil and many other countries. We Indians are not understood well and average people have little knowledge about us.

But that changes when they meet and talk with us. :namaste:

(a bit like the end of the article)

Why is it not appropriate? Chinese are obviously racist to Indians/South Asians!

Do you know any Brazilians? I do. Yoga is fairly popular there and Indians are not looked at negatively in particular afaik. Indian culture is popular across Latin America and our movies find a certain audience there. Hispanics are cool. They are also brown btw. DOn't know where you got that from.
No race is as racist as East/ South east asians!

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
Why is it not appropriate? Chinese are obviously racist to Indians/South Asians!
Is the discussion about the article. Is there discussion about Chinese people being racist. Is there discussion about "How racist are the C***ks (Chinese)". I only said that thread title might not be appropriate to the article.

What do you think that article talks about ...

(probably my point is emaciated in a threadlike state).

p2prada

I don't see any difference here either, with the OP referring to the Chinese as C***ks, even though he is better educated about the Chinese than the average Indian layman.

I am pretty sure most people treat African immigrants in India in a similar way, if not worse. A relationship with an African would also seem "unimaginable" here. Hell, a relationship with a Chinese immigrant would also seem "unimaginable" to many.

bose

Country flag
It was some 12 years back while I was flying back from Chang Kai Shek [I hope I remember the name correctly] Airport from Taiwan to Changi Singapore some 4 hour flight journey, the Chinese couple whose seats assigned beside me refused to take their seat when they saw me... the flight attendant promptly changed their seats... the two seats remained vacant during that flight.. .

Last edited:

amoy

This guy's blog & comics is interesting >>> Beijing Brown Beijing Brown - Comics and bar stories from the Middle Kingdom

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I don't see any difference here either, with the OP referring to the Chinese as C***ks, even though he is better educated about the Chinese than the average Indian layman.

I am pretty sure most people treat African immigrants in India in a similar way, if not worse. A relationship with an African would also seem "unimaginable" here. Hell, a relationship with a Chinese immigrant would also seem "unimaginable" to many.
So Chinese look at Indians like we look at Africans? Not really. Asians just think they are second after whites. Look at how they treat fair skinned Uyghurs. They don't like south asians or middle easterners even though they love caucasian features.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

Do you know any Brazilians? I do. Yoga is fairly popular there and Indians are not looked at negatively in particular afaik. Indian culture is popular across Latin America and our movies find a certain audience there. Hispanics are cool. They are also brown btw. DOn't know where you got that from.
No race is as racist as East/ South east asians!
SE Asians can not afford to be racists as they are most ugly looking people on earth. Just see village khmer and Burmese people and you will realize this.
Latinos are cool because they are a race created out of rape by whites so they are not that racist though are very dangerous.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
So Chinese look at Indians like we look at Africans? Not really. Asians just think they are second after whites. Look at how they treat fair skinned Uyghurs. They don't like south asians or middle easterners even though they love caucasian features.
We Indians might be darker but are far superior in looks to rat eyed mongoloids who are very cruel by nature. Ask any non Mongoloid about this and he will always prefer a Syrian girl rather than some mongoloid from China.

praneet.bajpaie

Racism works both ways. I am racist toward Chinese cause they are much more racist toward us, and I am no more educated about Chinese affairs than you or any other person.

praneet.bajpaie

They love Caucasians while the Caucasians themselves refer to these people as slit eyed dog eaters (I admit I do too) lol

Please don't ban me mods. I am not being racist here. Just stating facts.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
SE Asians can not afford to be racists as they are most ugly looking people on earth. Just see village khmer and Burmese people and you will realize this.
Latinos are cool because they are a race created out of rape by whites so they are not that racist though are very dangerous.
LMAO! Some southeast asian girls are cute. Latinos are cool because they are mixed! The future of human race is brown skin (with mixture).

p2prada

You didn't get my point. We are just as ignorant as we are of the Chinese as they are of us. No different between us, the Chinese and the Africans. We are culturally ignorant about most of the Europeans too.

We are just more aware of the Americans, not all Caucasians, because of Hollywood. How many people here are more aware of Christmas than Hanukkah? Heck can you name even one Chinese festival without having to Google it? I wonder if you know even Africans have festivals. But I am pretty sure you will be able to name at least 1 American holiday which is neither religious nor common to our holidays.

The soft powers the Caucasians hold today cannot be matched anytime soon.

nimo_cn

Country flag
After going through this thread, i believe Chinese have good reasons to be racists toward Indians.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

praneet.bajpaie

You didn't get my point. We are just as ignorant as we are of the Chinese as they are of us. No different between us, the Chinese and the Africans. We are culturally ignorant about most of the Europeans too.

We are just more aware of the Americans, not all Caucasians, because of Hollywood. How many people here are more aware of Christmas than Hanukkah? Heck can you name even one Chinese festival without having to Google it? I wonder if you know even Africans have festivals. But I am pretty sure you will be able to name at least 1 American holiday which is neither religious nor common to our holidays.

The soft powers the Caucasians hold today cannot be matched anytime soon.
That's absolutely true, but I would argue Indian Soft Power is growing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles