How much luck money have you gifted during the Chinese new year ?

badguy2000

Respected Member
:As an old Chinese tradition, "Lucky Money" is always gifted to families , relatives and kids of friends during Chinese Spring Fest.

"lucky money" used to be small pocket money.however,nowdays "lucky money" becomes more and more ,,,,sometimes even becomes a heavy fisical burden.

For example, during 2013 Spring Fest,I gifted about 3500 USD altogether to my younger families , relatives and kids of friends .

and how about other Chinese members here???

badguy2000

Respected Member
:As an old Chinese tradition, "Lucky Money" is always gifted to families , relatives and kids of friends during Chinese Spring Fest.

"lucky money" used to be small pocket money.however,nowdays "lucky money" becomes more and more ,,,,sometimes even becomes a heavy fisical burden.

For example, during 2013 Spring Fest,I gifted about 3500 USD altogether to my younger families , relatives and kids of friends .

and how about other Chinese members here???
BTW,
I gifted 3500USD(20000RMB) "lucky money" altogether to my parents,my mother_in_law, the younger relatives and the kids of my friends.

However, my son was gifted 2500USD(15000RMB) "lucky money" altogether...

Thus, the "deficit" is about 1000 USD.

gardenorange

BTW,
I gifted 3500USD(20000RMB) "lucky money" altogether to my parents,my mother_in_law, the younger relatives and the kids of my friends.

However, my son was gifted 2500USD(15000RMB) "lucky money" altogether...

Thus, the "deficit" is about 1000 USD.
Money given to parents can not be regarded as lucky money since we Chinese usually have the duty to support our parents. Only those given to the kids or yound people shall be taken in account.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Money given to parents can not be regarded as lucky money since we Chinese usually have the duty to support our parents. Only those given to the kids or yound people shall be taken in account.
well,

whether it is called 'lucky money" or "duty", it is a routine to give some money to parents during Spring Fest after one is married...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles