How many Sukhoi 30 MKIs is India going to have?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
MMRCA jet deliveres moving towards 2015

With a contract signature moving into 2012 after a late 2011 selection followed by exclusive negotiations the delivery of first MMRCA jet won't happen until 2015 as the RFP stipulates a 36 month setup window from contract date.

This news also reveals that India is still in the offset/ToT evaluation phase and has yet to open up the financial bids.

Defensenews:

Deadline Emerges For India's $10B Warplane Deal
By VIVEK RAGHUVANSHI
Published: 19 Jan 2011 13:06

NEW DELHI - India could award the $10 billion Medium Multirole Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) contract by the end of the year, according to the country's defense minister.

M.M. Pallam Raju, the minister of state for defense, said on the sidelines of a Jan. 19 conference here that the warplane contest could be decided by December. The conference was hosted by an industrial lobby group, the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India.

"I am hopeful of awarding it by the end of this year," Raju said.

The MMRCA program, for the purchase of 126 planes, is running behind schedule, The Indian Defence Ministry has made no formal announcement on the short-listing of aircraft after flight trials last year.

Raju said the ministry still has to carry out a comparative analysis of different vendors in terms of offset and transfer of technology offers before the financial bids are opened.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=5490485&c=ASI&s=AIR
By then i am sure IAF will have +300 SU-30MKI and many LCA..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
360 is the exact and total number learned form verified sources , dont ask me to prove it because i cant , 2018 probable date by which this number will be actively in service thats an estimate
HAL makes 14 a year with 120 delivered. How is it going to make 240 without a second production line?

sandeepdg

It will be cheaper to operate one type than 7!!!
No it won't, compared to what we have in our inventory right now, every plane is cheaper to operate than the Rafale, barring maybe the MKI. And 10 years down the line, I think they will come down to only 4 platforms, LCA, MCA, FGFA and MMRCA.

chex3009

Country flag
No it won't, compared to what we have in our inventory right now, every plane is cheaper to operate than the Rafale, barring maybe the MKI. And 10 years down the line, I think they will come down to only 4 platforms, LCA, MCA, FGFA and MMRCA.
I don't think the upgraded MiG-29SMT and M2K will be abandoned so early after shelling out heavy price for them.

sandeepdg

lol i was not deviating..when ppl say we can not have so many aircrafts its partly due to fact that we can not produce so many pilots and needed ground staff..
and also it is not charity..it is investing in future..charity will be indian army helping pakistanis..anything done for indian children is investement and not charity
Firstly, its the government's job to look after orphaned children and provide them with a life of dignity, not the Army's !! The Army can't go on looking into every damn issue that the government, even though being its primary responsibility, has failed to deliver, its job is to defend the nation, and it should keep at it only, as its the only entity for that purpose. There's shortage of pilots and ground staff because of ineffective recruitment policies, and people find the monetary benefits offered by the private sector industries too good to resist.

If you want to take this discussion further, then we can move it to an appropriate thread. Let's not spoil this thread !

warriorextreme

Country flag
Firstly, its the government's job to look after orphaned children and provide them with a life of dignity, not the Army's !! The Army can't go on looking into every damn issue that the government, even though being its primary responsibility, has failed to deliver, its job is to defend the nation, and it should keep at it only, as its the only entity for that purpose. There's shortage of pilots and ground staff because of ineffective recruitment policies, and people find the monetary benefits offered by the private sector industries too good to resist.

If you want to take this discussion further, then we can move it to an appropriate thread. Let's not spoil this thread !
army is part of our government...if you think army only takes part in defending nation then what about athletes produced by army??

http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTemplete/frmTemp12PLM14C.aspx?MnId=jwGzzR2tiAQ=&ParentID=DULbco0Ru9o=

army will only benefit from this idea and nation benefits if army benefits..
dont just oppose to oppose..

i agree with you that we should not discuss it in this post

sandeepdg

I don't think the upgraded MiG-29SMT and M2K will be abandoned so early after shelling out heavy price for them.
I didn't say that its definite, I said it may happen after a decade. I think the Mig-29, Mirage 2000 will continue to operate till 2030 after the upgrades, can't say the same about the Jaguar.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles