How India brought down the US' supersonic man

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh

No swords were crossed in any sense of the word between Yeager and this man
. I get that Yeager was an advisor to your enemy and gets only disrespect from India.
Yeah literally no swords were crossed and Yeager's Transport aircraft loss was a result of war time causalities as explained by the Pilot and the possible cause of mobilisation of 7th fleet in Indian ocean. But the allegation of Yeager of specific instruction from then Indian PM is a bit weird, as being an fighter pilot himself Yeager was suppose to know the fact about causality, a time when even friendly fire happens. Yeager was on the wrong place at wrong time, and as stated in the article.
"To an Indian pilot skimming the ground at 500 mph under antiaircraft fire, precise identification of targets on an enemy airfield might take lower priority than simply hitting whatever was there and then getting the hell out"
Indian retaliation cannot be undermined during that period and the point is Yeager was this time on the opposite side.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
^^ Casuality as in liability or loss if it do not fit to term a non living beings. Sorry could not make out any other fitting word.

Tronic

If you want like your great chuck yager your welcome to get the hell out of here and go buddy with Pakistan Forum.
We're not Pakistan. Everyone here has the right to their own opinions, and everyone has the right to debate against and for those opinions. You don't have the right to tell anyone to "get the hell out of here".

That aside, it is true, Chuck Yeager will never be respected here for he waged a personal war against India, and despite his presence, the IAF brought the PAF to its knees and gained total air superiority over Pakistan. At the end, India may not have ever intended to give "uncle Sam the finger", but grounding Yeager's PAF buddies and cutting the country in two probably inflamed the already burning Yeager more and surely it was Yeager who got the finger from India.

Last edited:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
We're not Pakistan. Everyone here has the right to their own opinions, and everyone has the right to debate against and for those opinions. You don't have the right to tell anyone to "get the hell out of here".

That aside, it is true, Chuck Yeager will never be respected here for he waged a personal war against India, and despite his presence, the IAF brought the PAF to its knees and gained total air superiority over Pakistan. At the end, India may not have ever intended to give "uncle Sam the finger", but grounding Yeager's PAF buddies and cutting the country in two probably inflamed the already burning Yeager more and surely it was Yeager who got the finger from India.
Bashing and disrespect is something that should not be encouraged, unfortunately I wonder how many here will agree with me.

Tronic

If the East "east Pakistanis" had brain they would have never joined Pakistan in '47. This is what happens when countries are created solely on the basis of Religion.
OT: "East Pakistanis" never joined Pakistan in '47. East Pakistanis (i.e. the Bengalis) were the ones who made Pakistan. The demand for Pakistan in West Pakistan (today's Pakistan) was never as strong and it is the British who forced the partition. The Pashtuns never wished to join Pakistan (the largest Pashtun political movement, the Khudai Khidmatgar were opposed to the partition and wanted to remain with India; they were arrested and jailed by first the British than the Pakistanis, and the so called referendum never really took place in Pashtun areas, as it had the lowest turnout rate in the country, less than a quarter of the people voted). The Baloch, to this day despise Pakistan and never wanted to be a part, they too were forced into the country. In greater Punjab, the Unionist Party ruled for more than a decade and was in a coalition with the Congress Party aswell as the Akali Dal. Although the party started to wane towards the Muslim League, their power in Punjab still depended on the coalition with Congress and Akali Dal, and the unionists were opposed to the partition of Punjab. They kept Jinnah and Muhammad Iqbal's popularity out, and told them to "keep their noses out of Punjab". It was Jinnah's "direct action day" which he devised for the Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims to start killing each other which reshaped the politics of Punjab on religious lines, and brought the downfall of the unionists. The Muslim League would have been nothing had it not been for the support of the Bengalis. It was the only place where the Muslim League derived its power from, and gave it a launching pad for the Pakistan movement. So in reality, it is the West Pakistanis who got their country because of the Bengalis, who they started discriminating against and killing.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Really? Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Arun Prakash (while a pilot lieutenant) destroyed Yeager's civilian Beechcraft on the ground. Yeager shot down 5 Bf 109s in air combat. When I get a chance I will post a picture of a Beechcraft and a Bf 109 so you all can see the difference.
I dont know what is so bad about it..Adm. Prakash is not chest thumping about anything.

He went for a raid on Chaklala, found only two aircrafts outside and blasted them - they being Targets of Opportunity. Any pilot worth his salt would have done that.

The focus of the article is on how Chuck Yeager reacted to that apparently trivial thing when much bigger and important things were going down. Please read the article again.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

O pleaseeee....dont give this holier than though argument to me...Go find someone else for your preaching. He was the one who started the unwarranted name calling at Adm.Prakash, which i take personally.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Really? Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Arun Prakash (while a pilot lieutenant) destroyed Yeager's civilian Beechcraft on the ground. Yeager shot down 5 Bf 109s in air combat. When I get a chance I will post a picture of a Beechcraft and a Bf 109 so you all can see the difference.

Chuck Yeager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The chest-thumping by Prakash is too pathetic for words. The title of the subject article is absurd and reflects badly on India, in my opinion.

Here is another pygmy with an opinion of a man many times better than himself.

The right stuff in the wrong place - Chuck Yeager's crash landing in Pakistan | Washington Monthly | Find Articles
Eh? Does shooting down more/better aircraft make you "superior" to others? Hermann Goring was a WWI ace with 22 confirmed kills, I guess he's a real hero :lol:

I agree with GK's points. From the Indian perspective Mr.Yeager was just a troll, and a lame one at that.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The level of ignorance on DFI has had an extraordinary eruption in this thread which surprises me. The derogatory comments about Yeager are over the top. May I point out that the name of Yeager will be celebrated long after that of your IAF hero (whose name I had never heard up to this day), not to mention that Ingraham creature, fade into oblivion.

If DFI members can't be objective about history, then discussion here will always be no more than excited rants, which most of it is, unfortunately. Goering, in fact, was as much of a hero of WWI as Von Richthofen. That he became a Nazi bigwig does not detract from his flying record.

And as far as the invitation for me to get lost and join a Pakistani forum... well. I may leave DFI, but I am afraid the Pakis would be even more deranged :-D

And just to be clear, I said Ingraham was a pygmy. Not your IAF guy.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Title is misleading. The article does not say Yeager was shoot down. His plane (a small civilian aircraft) was parked on the tarmac when it was blasted by the Indian pilot.

KS

Bye bye DFI
The level of ignorance on DFI has had an extraordinary eruption in this thread which surprises me. The derogatory comments about Yeager are over the top. May I point out that the name of Yeager will be celebrated long after that of your IAF hero (whose name I had never heard up to this day), not to mention that Ingraham creature, fade into oblivion.

If DFI members can't be objective about history, then discussion here will always be no more than excited rants, which most of it is, unfortunately. Goering, in fact, was as much of a hero of WWI as Von Richthofen. That he became a Nazi bigwig does not detract from his flying record.

And as far as the invitation for me to get lost and join a Pakistani forum... well. I may leave DFI, but I am afraid the Pakis would be even more deranged :-D

You are again missing the point.

The focus of the article is on how Chuck Yeager reacted to that apparently trivial thing when much bigger and important things were going down. Please read the article again.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

dear friend,

you need to understand that we really do not care who your ace is or how many confirmed kills he got. because it does not matter to us in any way.

the way we see it is, he was an american helping our sworn enemy during war time. for no reasons, he made it personal and was ranting like lunatic when his "fishing plane" (beach-craft) was mowed down in crossfire by IAF. how stupid can he be to come-up with his own conspiracy theory without understanding the gravity of the issue here?

he came with his own conspiracy theories like indian way of showing finger to america, our PM specifically order to shoot down his fishing plane, and demanding counter-measures from Washington... blah blah blah :blah: :blah: :blabla:

was he really thinking that america will attack india just because his fishing plane was shot down??? he perfectly demonstrated height of his stupidity and mount Everest of his ego.

(no offense intended)

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Every Indian may not know about Chuck Yeager.
I agree he is an american hero. I also saw movie based on him and how he flew first supersonic flight.

Chuck Yeager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The chest-thumping by Prakash is pathetic for words. The title of the subject article is absurd and reflects badly on India, in my opinion.
I think Prakash has never thumped chest about it. The article's title is lame and author used inflammatory language.

What Ingraham wrote may be true or false. It can only be clarified by Chuck Yeager himself or the colleagues of Ingraham during that time. Till then people will believe what they want to believe about Chuck Yeager's years in Pakistan.

p2prada

This article is ancient, not a 2012 material. I read it in BR years ago.

mayfair

No swords were crossed in any sense of the word between Yeager and this man
. I get that Yeager was an advisor to your enemy and gets only disrespect from India.
Nothing more than he deserves. If you did not notice, the man had a visceral hatred of India and wanted his country to bomb us. Such a man or his legacy does not matter to India and to most right thinking Indians.

He may have been the first to break the sound barrier, but all he did in our case was to break the barriers of decency..he might be a pathological wind breaker for all we care.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

Where is the derogatory term before you started it? Please point out......If an indian ought to say such stuff about western pilots in a western forum we did be bashed around, do realize how the other members are not bashing you up because they respect you..Please dont derail this forum into verbal slug fest, which i am quite an expert of if you push us there.

Just to jog your imagination, let me put it in allegory. Imagine if an highly decorated officer who is respected by everyone in my town is sent to your town to destroy it and puts a knife to your throat and tries to slit your throat, while an average cop who is passing by stops and rescues you from him....would you consider the decorated guy in my town a hero or the guy who saved your ass?? Common sense would say the biggest hero for you would be your savior...That is the case for us to, Adm.Arun Prakash saved our neck from getting slit by your so called highly decorated war hero, your war hero would have probably help bomb my town and probably killed my parents and i wont be here. So for me 1.2 billion people Arun is the hero and may be Yager is a hero for your 300million people...It is Beyond annoying to come and tell us our nemesis who was trying to KILL us should be our hero.

After reading what America did you ought to be surprised how we are not anti-america even after 60years of supporting an evil terrorist military midget like pakistan and trying to destroy DEMOCRACY in indian that supports millions.

Last edited:

Tronic

If you did not notice, the man had a visceral hatred of India and wanted his country to bomb us. Such a man or his legacy does not matter to India and to most right thinking Indians.
Ditto for Nixon and Kissinger.

Its amazing at the attitudes of Americans against India at the time, with Kissinger going on to call all Indians "bastards" and Indira Gandhi a "b!tch", shortly after hosting her.

As they say, give respect to get respect.

If Yeager, Nixon and Kissinger are treated the way they are in India, it is only due to feelings being reciprocated.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Ditto for Nixon and Kissinger.

Its amazing at the attitudes of Americans against India at the time, with Kissinger going on to call all Indians "bastards" and Indira Gandhi a "b!tch", shortly after hosting her.

As they say, give respect to get respect.

If Yeager, Nixon and Kissinger are treated the way they are in India, it is only due to feelings being reciprocated.
What has changed since then? Do you think America understand us now, i doubt that. Like us they have an complete inablity to see beyond themselves..Our silly wish to impress them is our down fall, we stick to silly laws like copy rite protection just to impress them and show we are technicaly a democracy. While China follows no law and eats right out of their pocket. They will never be our friends, the whites stick to their flock trust me on that, they are highly conscious of their race unlike us. I am not a raceist but its very very clear for me help will never come even if billions rot and die in poverty...Our only hope is to kill the congress party..lol

Last edited:

balai_c

Yeager must have been "mistreated" by India at some point of time in his life. He must have come to India expecting the "Burra Sahib" style colonial era slavish adulation, that all white folks were accustomed to. He got treated like any other foreigner in India. Thats' probably what got him angry. Happened to a lot of people from west, including the great Stephen Cohen.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles