How important is Hindi????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwater

Here is a weird thing:
In Cochin/Kochi nearby areas(Perumbavoor,Aluva,Muvattupuzha etc),KERALA Buses Ply with Hindi Boards JFI. this is because of large number of migrant workers from north India.

Well u can also see English along with local language. so Wats the answer. hindi is not that imp

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
All of you read Tamil and Thirukurala for peace of mind. The Dal and Roti North Indians eat will increase gas in your tummy and you will fart all the time, the nauseating smell will not allow you to think correctly, so drink coconut water and read tamil to relax.

May i also recommend some Curd rice to cool your tummy from eatting all that Dal, Onion and Tomataarrr.. Dont fart in the bus. :laugh:

Last edited:

threadbrowser

Here is a weird thing:
In Cochin/Kochi nearby areas(Perumbavoor,Aluva,Muvattupuzha etc),KERALA Buses Ply with Hindi Boards JFI. this is because of large number of migrant workers from north India.

Thats to cater to the huge number of hindi speaking migrant workers who now reside there. There are areas where all the shops have signs in hindi instead of malayalam!!

Blackwater

Same thing in our place kake..

Btw, It differs from bus to bus but the point is many dont use English..
Iam talking of your place olny babu boshae. Point is ,In bengal people either speak bengali or english, how many speaks Hindi in bengal ???? you know the answer

amitkriit

Iam talking of your place olny babu boshae. Point is ,In bengal people either speak bengali or english, how many speaks Hindi in bengal ???? you know the answer
English in Bengal? I know the answer, but won't say it here.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Even if many Indians dont speak Hindi they are able to understand Hindi

It has been estimated that 85 percent Indians understand Hindi .While 50 percent people speak Hindi

This figure was quoted on NDTV We the people show some few months back

This show was about Languages in Contemporary India

Hindi 's reach is definitely increasing . People dont have to learn Hindi
Often people just pick up Hindi in a few months time ie when they need it outside their home states

Blackwater

Even if many Indians dont speak Hindi they are able to understand Hindi

It has been estimated that 85 percent Indians understand Hindi .While 50 percent people speak Hindi

This figure was quoted on NDTV We the people show some few months back

This show was about Languages in Contemporary India

Hindi 's reach is definitely increasing . People dont have to learn Hindi
Often people just pick up Hindi in a few months time ie when they need it outside their home states
Sir, thread is about how important is Hindi ???? Not how many can speak or want to speak hindi

amitkriit

wat u mean???
I spent 4 years in Bengal, visited all districts and remote areas, did my industrial training in Kolkata, Park Street. I used to commute through Auto, Rikshaw, Bus and Metro. Never found any need to brush up my English. Hindi was sufficient, not one person I met who could not understand Hindi, even in remote villages (I visited interior Bengal to conduct surveys as a part of National Service Scheme). In Kolkata, things are different, Its like any other real metropolitan in India where Hindi has displaced the local language as lingua-franca. That's what I mean.

amitkriit

Sir, thread is about how important is Hindi ???? Not how many can speak or want to speak hindi
Please tell me what is the basic purpose of learning a language? What is the basic importance of a language in daily life?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sure, In kolkata from taxi to anything Hindi is fluent, In rural Bengal, People talk Hindi the only difference is the accent is bit behari :D

Eg: "Udhar Ghar ha", In Bengali accent " Udhor Ghor Haa" :)

People understand and speak but not write but do understand Hindi writing..

Blackwater

I spent 4 years in Bengal, visited all districts and remote areas, did my industrial training in Kolkata, Park Street. I used to commute through Auto, Rikshaw, Bus and Metro. Never found any need to brush up my English. Hindi was sufficient, not one person I met who could not understand Hindi, even in remote villages (I visited interior Bengal to conduct surveys as a part of National Service Scheme). In Kolkata, things are different, Its like any other real metropolitan in India where Hindi has displaced the local language as lingua-franca. That's what I mean.
you still missing the point. Iam not saying bengalis don't know Hindi. even Tamils understand Hindi but they never speak with you.

amitkriit

Sure, In kolkata from taxi to anything Hindi is fluent, In rural Bengal, People talk Hindi the only difference is the accent is bit behari :D

Eg: "Udhar Ghar ha", In Bengali accent " Udhor Ghor Haa" :)

People understand and speak but not write but do understand Hindi writing..
Basically the message is: never underestimate the "Human Factor".

amitkriit

you still missing the point. Iam not saying bengalis don't know Hindi. even Tamils understand Hindi but they never speak with you.
Tamilnadu is an exception. I have been to Karnataka, Andhra and Kerala, when talking about south they count as well.

pankaj nema

Country flag
South Indians may not speak Hindi WHILE in their home states but you must see them in Mumbai and Delhi

You will be amazed at their proficiency in Hindi

In Mumbai every body from the poor to the most upper crust of society speaks Hindi in informal settings and with friends

In offices too people mix up Hindi words and sentences with English

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Basically the message is: never underestimate the "Human Factor".
Also one have to understand that northindian languages are based on Sanskrit, that make other language to understand lot easy so does to learn it..

Where as south Indian languages are based on dravid, That one reason that their respected successor languages are so different..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles