How far back can you trace your family history?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Apparently, my family has lived in the area around Warangal district (in Andhra Pradesh) for at least 800 years. Our earliest written records come in the form of temple inscriptions, which date to 1200 C.E. These were made during the Kakatiya dynasty.

How far can you guys trace your family history?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
My known ancestors (those I can name) were rice traders from somewhere in the Circars (today's East Godavari district). They traded rice with the drought-ridden Deccan, and eventually migrated to Hyderabad State. My distant ancestors served under the military of the Vijayanagara Empire.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Central Asian traders who settled in India many centuries ago. Much was not recorded back in the day so many things are a mystery for most of us.

Even thousand years from now our descendants would be able to have records/pics/videos off all of us :)

"New York alone has 1 million females more than males. Out of the population of New York, the statistics tell us, one-third are gays"¦ There are more than 25 million gays, sodomites, in America, in USA. Now the only option remaining for my sister is that she marries a man who already has a wife or she becomes public property." - Zakir Naik
Or she could become a lesbian.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Adam????? LOL
Yeah I know the name of my great,great,great,great grandfather as his name is still the name of trade of my cousin.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I have letters dating to the early 1700s on my fathers side. My mother, don't know past my great grandfather except what region they were from.

Tolaha

The epigraphical evidences of my family dates from 1140.

Though I dont know if they are related to Adam or Manu! :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles