How do i transfer Mini DV to my Netbook?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Guys,

I have taken video on my Panasonic Handycam. Its mini DV format. In my PC i had installed the firewire to transfer the vdieo. But its been long since i used my handycam and i now have a netbook only which has only USB ports.

I managed to find a DV to USB cable but its not helping me as the netbook just freezes when in put the USB in.

How do i go about this? I need to transfer the video as it has 50 mins of aero india show in it.

chex3009

Country flag
Guys,

I have taken video on my Panasonic Handycam. Its mini DV format. In my PC i had installed the firewire to transfer the vdieo. But its been long since i used my handycam and i now have a netbook only which has only USB ports.

I managed to find a DV to USB cable but its not helping me as the netbook just freezes when in put the USB in.

How do i go about this? I need to transfer the video as it has 50 mins of aero india show in it.
Yusuf, you need to have capture card in your PC, then you can connect your handycam via component audio/video cables to your capture card/TV Tuner card and simply play the video in the Handycam while you need to press the record button on the software of the capture card you installed on your PC.

By pressing record button once while playing video on your handycam, you will be able to see video on your screen while it is being stored and converted into digital format.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I dont have a PC..only netbook. My PC had all the hardware.. Now with this netbook, i have a problem.

chex3009

Country flag
I dont have a PC..only netbook. My PC had all the hardware.. Now with this netbook, i have a problem.
Then its out of my knowledge quotient to guide you from here on if you only have a netbook. Sorry Mate.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have the same problem.

I am going to the dealer. He said that there was some cable that would solve this problem.

In fact, my Windows Home Basic which came loaded on my Notebook is so unique that it does not accept my HP 1020 Laserjet Printer!

What a scam!

Oracle

What's your OS?

I have the same problem.

I am going to the dealer. He said that there was some cable that would solve this problem.

In fact, my Windows Home Basic which came loaded on my Notebook is so unique that it does not accept my HP 1020 Laserjet Printer!

What a scam!
Windows 7 Sir?

SHASH2K2

Try to disable the Antivirus software and check . I am afraid that problem you are facing could be due to lack of power in Netbook . Notebook seems to have very weak power supply and if you connect any external device which need more power supply to function will freeze or it will not be detected. Its a common problem with many netbook.

Oracle

Guys,

Assuming you have the installation CD of the firmware - use a friends laptop to copy the setup and installation files into the laptop's HDD. Copy that to a pen drive. Use the pen drive to copy it into your netbook. Install it. Restart your netbook. Now connect the Handycam and check if everything's fine.

And yes, keep Shash2K2's post in mind. Do not connect the handycam, while operating on battery power. However, Antivirus doesn't/shouldn't create any problems.

Last edited:

EagleOne

system is freezing ... then try it in
safe mode with networking
u also need a fireware for this tanfer

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles