How China Would Fight the US (And Win)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
How China Would Fight the US (And Win) | Flashpoints | The Diplomat
An interesting article in the Want China Times considers the rise of China's military and its capabilities — now and in the future.

The piece notes: "While the People's Liberation Army continues to acquire more advanced weapon systems, it will still take China at least 30 years to compete with the United States and build the world's most powerful military force"¦"

My own opinion: We would need to break this down in terms of looking at the various branches of China's military across different domains, but who cares! Beijing certainly doesn't.

ramakrishna

The piece notes: "While the People's Liberation Army continues to acquire more advanced weapon systems, it will still take China at least 30 years to compete with the United States and build the world's most powerful military force"¦"
even after 30yrs they cant be equal to US ... as by that time US will get more advanced than the one they have now .... so its completely day dreaming for China ....

jmj_overlord

The title of the article should be " how can US would fight China in west pacific (and win )."
maybe allies like japan and south korea, as both have strong navies and airforce might help ? only if north korea wouldn't mess up the situation

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
In their wet dream strategies and tactics they can win.

DivineHeretic

Country flag
and they want to win against someone which won two WW and cold war.
I'll beg to differ. Past victories would not be the proper gauge to measure present capabilities.

I see no reason why China would not be able to challenge and even dominate the US in the Pacific. Given enough time and proper planning and dogged determination, it certainly should be possible.

The USSR went into WW2 as a peasant state and exited as the new superpower, the British entered the WW2 as the largest empire there ever was, and exited as the follower of American policy.

What should matter to us is that should such a day come when China eclipses the US, we are positioned adequately to defend our interests.

t_co

I'll beg to differ. Past victories would not be the proper gauge to measure present capabilities.

I see no reason why China would not be able to challenge and even dominate the US in the Pacific. Given enough time and proper planning and dogged determination, it certainly should be possible.

The USSR went into WW2 as a peasant state and exited as the new superpower, the British entered the WW2 as the largest empire there ever was, and exited as the follower of American policy.

What should matter to us is that should such a day come when China eclipses the US, we are positioned adequately to defend our interests.
At the same time, if China were to go to war with the US, it's fair to say China would face one of two outcomes - regime change, or nuclear devastation. China's leadership knows this, but it also knows time favors China in this regard.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles