How can we Improve Tejas Mark I? Your suggestions and ideas.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Thrust vectoring nozzles, distributed aperture system, active cancellation system.....

Now I get it....why RFP writing is fun :biggrin2:
Scattered active array technology will be used on mk2..... "Thrust vector" only after Kaveri becomes real.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kay

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
i would like to see a "full Glass " cockpit with FBL tech like that used in the japanese shinshin

Babloo Singh

Country flag
One more Idea to improve mark 1....
We need to develop a good in house WVR AAM.
And put Tejas on international market
Tejas version with current MMR + with options of either Indian or French/Israel AAM's + Kaveri/GE engine
With weight under 6000Kg, We will have many takers for a product like this which has all Indian subsystems so there is no issue of sanctions at any point of time...
And we can have Tejas NG with AESA + BVR+ Higher Power engine + Anti Shipping/ Land attack ALCM for advanced markets later on once we take care of IAF.

G10

Country flag
What do you mean by "we should try our hand at swept wing" aircraft?

We've already done that, albeit with some foreign help.

HF-24

Did you mean variable-geometry aircraft aka swing-wing aircraft?
That was wayback in time. I mean a tejas kinda aircraft just to see if range can be more in case of swept wings.

Sancho

The best way to improve LCA, is to keep it simple and focused light loads and capabilities.

1) Add the RecceLite pod, to make it useful in reconnaissance roles. Which would make even MK1 more useful.
2) Add Harpoon on the centerline, for maritime attack roles, similar to Jaguar IM (again possible with MK1).
3) Add Helina on twin or triple launchers if possible for CAS roles

Tejas doesn't need to be a high end fighter, but a capable light class fighter!

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
That was wayback in time. I mean a tejas kinda aircraft just to see if range can be more in case of swept wings.
If these are all your expectations than you should go through the HF-73 design which had its upper hand on Jaguar

And for LCA, IAF already reject swept wing design for Delta..

pmaitra

@TPFscopes, if you have more information on HF-73, kindly open a new thread. I'd like to learn more about it.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
@TPFscopes, if you have more information on HF-73, kindly open a new thread. I'd like to learn more about it.
No need to start another thread for HF-73.
HF-73 was a improved Marut and exactly according to the IAF ASQR for HF-24. It is very similar that LCA mk-2 will provide only what was requested for LCA.
As said earlier, mk1 is inefficient, mk1a is a compromise but mk2 will be a complete product but most of the guys here have unrealistic expectations with mk-2.

Hf-73 was scrapped in favour in Jaguar to fulfill IAF requirements on urgent basis and Govt stopped fundings for hf-73 due to which it remains in dark forever..

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Thrust vectoring nozzles, distributed aperture system, active cancellation system.....

Now I get it....why RFP writing is fun :biggrin2:
We can install EJ 230 it has same weight with 73 KG dry thrust and 108 wet thrust with TVC.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles