How can Indians be comfortable speaking english?

Ajatashatru Bharati

One of the greatest points put in the debate of bridging India's Multilingual landscape. Add, every document in India should be translated and filed in every language of this country.
Not practical at all. India has too many languages. It will cost too much money. At most records must be kept in a few major languages but parts of them should be translated and provided to anyone who requests it in any language.

nirranj

Country flag
Not practical at all. India has too many languages. It will cost too much money. At most records must be kept in a few major languages but parts of them should be translated and provided to anyone who requests it in any language.
translating whenever some one asks for, will add up the burden.

With the advent of technology, translating and holding huge amount of records is no big task. its practical and this is relevant. Economics is lesser. And the money spent is going to benefit the nation big time.

See the below imagge on the free fall of cost Per GB of staorage devices.

http://www.mkomo.com/cost-per-gigabyte

Else the govt should task DRDO to come up with a software that can translate any language of India into other Indian language with correct Grammar. DRDO can partner up with the Indian IT industry to get this done. By this way, the documents can stored in electronic codes and which can be downloaded in the preferred language. by this way we can avoid multiple copies of same file stored in diffferent languages.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
India doesn't have a common national language because of Tamil opposition to Hindi, which would have been the most logical choice.

I wonder what Tamil politicians and DFI members think though of Sanskrit as a national language? I've seen some Tamil members in the past in favour of it, but I wonder if this might have mass political support in Tamil Nadu. After all, even the official Hindi used by the GoI is heavily Sanskritized.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
India doesn't have a common national language because of Tamil opposition to Hindi, which would have been the most logical choice.

I wonder what Tamil politicians and DFI members think though of Sanskrit as a national language? I've seen some Tamil members in the past in favour of it, but I wonder if this might have mass political support in Tamil Nadu. After all, even the official Hindi used by the GoI is heavily Sanskritized.
Most people will always miss the point of it all. Why bother being a nation in the first place if the concept of nation does not even exist in the hearts and minds of all of that artificial entity? If you believe, as I do, that the nation does not truly exist in the hearts and minds of most Indians. People often joke about linguistic or regionalistic comments, but in those, I see the truth. It is that which remains hidden for the sole purpose of falsely projecting oneself as part of a greater entity, which is to say, that the inhabitants of that land exist but in compartments. The entity is a notion, which is so heavily romantacized but not on any substantial level. Even the process of romanticization is not done on any conscious level, it is a unconscious reaction of the inhabitants who cannot help but admire those nations, that exist, not just as a concept or a notion, but as a being, one as real as the existence of the very universe itself. And therefore, the inhabitants of that unfortunate artificial entity are also hypocrites. Like a man who puts his blood and tears into his work, a nation needs the blood of millions who have placed their very hearts into the nation. It does not require belief ; the nation, as described earlier, is as real as a living being. How can one claim believe in something that needs no belief. And so, as you exist, so does the nation. A man's life is temporary but the nation lives on. So, it must be said that, as a man's innate mind, one that he is not aware of, values survival over all else, so does a nation. The unconscious force behind people's actions is the same for nation. And so it must be said that a nation will always have an advantage over an artificial entity because the former possesses the organic will to survive.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles