How can India respond to 7/13 terrorist attacks in Mumbai?

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Have you heard of the adage "Lesser of the two evils" ? No they are not equally useless. Far from it.

Coming to NDA rule the two major terror attacks were Parliament attacks and the Akshardham attack - both cases in which the suspects were identified, arrested and in the Parliament case even the prosecution taken up expeditiously and a sentence procured.

1993 serial blasts case in Mumbai still pending in SC. "Lesser of the two evils".

And what will BJP/NDA do ? If they arrest terror suspects we immediately have the "intellectuals/Congress" lining up and crying "Innocent Muslim harassment". Congress won't do it so that its vote bank is not upset. So who will fight terror ?

Everything boils down to the false,somewhat basterdized notion of "secularism" and vote bank politics being done in the name of secularism. If that is done away the fight against Terror is half won.

I agree with the "Bastardized" version of Secularism part. But I disagree with everything else. Akshardham and Indian Parliament attacks were actual proof of how incompetent / inept the BJP/ NDA government was. The fact that they caught and punished the "perpetrators" does not absolve them of the initial crisis.
Also, the Akhsardham attack was a direct response to the Godhra violence, which was perpetrated by N Modi and his minions. In that way, Modi and minions were also responsible for the carnage.
I do not think that BJP is any better than Congress for India. Looking at their record, they are just as bad for Indian security. They are hot headed, have no sense of proportion and would stoop to any length for votes - given a choice I would not vote for the left, the right or the centrists in India.

As for the timing of the attacks - there is a pattern. everytime India-Pak talks start off, ISI/ PA would send some of their pet terrorists to India - kill some innocent people and draw a response from GOI. The opposition and Indian media will start baying for blood and the India-Pak talks will break down. Who gains from this? ISI and PA, who can keep up the fear of India as the big bad enemy - thereby secure funds from Pak Govt.
So, it is high time that GOI should get on with talks to Pak Govt. They should use this unfortunate terrorist attack to pressurize Pak Govt to come to the table with more than "Kashmir" issue. A smart response from India would be to identify the Pak connection and put international pressure on Pak for more open peace talks.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Without help from pakistan they'll wither away. They are only a front for pakistan.

If you cant see that then cronies sitting in isi headquarters have fooled you.
No. The Jihadi tree is gell brown and deep-rooted in India. It does not need external support anymore. It is fully capable of sustaining itself and create further mayhem.

By not recognising this fact the war against terror (Indian version) will NEVER be won.Keep looking for the mirages across the border when the culprits are in your won home.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Here we go again.

We are going to respond by blaming each other like always. Nothing else.

What a tribute to deceased Indians!

**dead**

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
congress are spineless bastards so why are you using them to compare fearless bjp ? why did bjp allow plane to take off ?
The system was not there dammit after 50 years of (mis)rule. Are you supposing that Vajpayee or Advani must have taken a Stinger and blown the plane ?What will they do when you dont have a SOP or a contingency mission in place even after 50 years ? They had just taken the oath of power.

the 2nd part is laughable...the terrorists were already on a suicide mission. if you think one person alone masterminded the whole thing then your seriously deluded. don't tell me pakistan wasn't involved now...
The master minds were in Pak soil. But the mastermind on Indian soil was caught and awarded death sentence. Is he hanged till now ?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No. The Jihadi tree is gell brown and deep-rooted in India. It does not need external support anymore. It is fully capable of sustaining itself and create further mayhem.

By not recognising this fact the war against terror (Indian version) will NEVER be won.Keep looking for the mirages across the border when the culprits are in your won home.
And you know this how ?

All intelligence agencies around the world have linked them to pakistan but you seem to be privy to information that they aren't.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Akshardham and Indian Parliament attacks were actual proof of how incompetent / inept the BJP/ NDA government was.
That was the peak period of Kashmir insurgency and atleast there was accountability with the culprits being brought to justice. But have the culprits been atleast identified for the 2006 Mumbai train bombings ? Talk of ineptitude.

The fact that they caught and punished the "perpetrators" does not absolve them of the initial crisis.
No it does not. But that is the reason of the existence of CrPC.Shall we do away with the CrPC just because no amount of punishment will absolve the crimes already committed ? What twisted ridiculous logic is this ?

Also, the Akhsardham attack was a direct response to the Godhra violence, which was perpetrated by N Modi and his minions. In that way, Modi and minions were also responsible for the carnage.
Way to go Mr. :clap: Those devotees in Akshardham temple can be punished for the alleged wrong doings of someone else in Gujarat. So what was exactly wrong in Hindu fundamentalists saying post-Godhra riots were a 'spontaneous outburst of feelings' after the Godhra train carnage ? What exactly is wrong in some Hindus nursing a grievance of the excesses of the Muslim rule in India.Newton's third law works for all communities. No ?

I do not think that BJP is any better than Congress for India. Looking at their record, they are just as bad for Indian security. They are hot headed, have no sense of proportion and would stoop to any length for votes - given a choice I would not vote for the left, the right or the centrists in India.
On the contrary they cannot be half as incompetent as this Govt - even if they spent all their energies trying to do so.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
And you know this how ?

All intelligence agencies around the world have linked them to pakistan but you seem to be privy to information that they aren't.
Because there is no radicalised population in those countries in the number as we have in India. Their monitoring system is so effective that they dont allow local groups to sprout. In India everything is forgotten for the sake of votes.

Therein lies the difference. Fine no use in trying to convince someone who wont accept there is something fundamentally wrong in the home itself and it is the inside that needs cleaning first. Though never expect to win this war against terror when you cant even identify the source and continue to remain oblivious to it.

Last edited:

Oracle

Way to go Mr. So what was exactly wrong in Hindu fundamentalists saying post-Godhra riots were a 'spontaneous outburst of feelings' after the Godhra train carnage ? What exactly is wrong in some Hindus nursing a grievance of the excesses of the Muslim rule in India.Newton's third law works for all communities. No ?
You should be banned for posting baseless and idiotic posts & inciting communal hatred in this forum.

KS

Bye bye DFI
You should be banned for posting baseless and idiotic posts & inciting communal hatred in this forum.
First Mr.Ace for posting this (a rationalization/justification of Pak jihadi terror) -

Second Mr. Oracle for 'liking' the same ....

and then finally maybe Mr.Karthic for countering it, though exactly Mr.Karthic did not advocate it and was just asking a rhetorical question which anyone with a decent knowledge of English would have understood.

I have no problems with the order of banning as given above.

Last edited:

Oracle

Karthick,

Modi might not be directly responsible, but he sure is indirectly by failing to stop the mass murder of Muslims. If Hindus were killed, then it does not make it right by killing Muslims. There is law to deal with. Two wrongs do not make a right.

And stop speaking as if you are the thekedar of Hindus in this forum. Majority of Hindus would love to do away with the types of you who'd love to split the blood of innocents and then have a good sleep. Hell, you even prescribed it, openly. Sad!

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
And stop speaking as if you are the thekedar of Hindus in this forum. Majority of Hindus would love to do away with the types of you who'd love to split the blood of innocents and then have a good sleep. Hell, you even prescribed it, openly. Sad!
You've just spoken on behalf of all of us. What does that make you? :)

Reactions: KS

KS

Bye bye DFI
Karthick,

Modi might not be directly responsible, but he sure is indirectly by failing to stop the mass murder of Muslims. If Hindus were killed, then it does not make it right by killing Muslims. There is law to deal with. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I dont know why the hell you are posting these lines addressed to me.

Ask Mr.Ace why he posted those lines (Also, the Akhsardham attack was a direct response to the Godhra violence, which was perpetrated by N Modi and his minions. In that way, Modi and minions were also responsible for the carnage.)and read my post slowly. I was asking a rhetorical question of whether such line of thinking propounded by Hindu extremists was justified through Mr.Ace's logic of cause and effect.

Oracle

I dont know why the hell you are posting these lines addressed to me.

Ask Mr.Ace why he posted those lines and read my post slowly. I was asking a rhetorical question of whether such line of thinking was justified through Mr.Ace's logic.
I hope by now you have understood why I thanked his posted.

Now, why should I ask someone else, when your post has offended me more?

Rhetorical or not, that para is simply not acceptable. You were asking blood for blood. Very easy to say in forums, but have you ever seen the gory images of riots and terrorist killings. Consider yourself lucky to be born in South India.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I hope by now you have understood why I thanked his posted.

Now, why should I ask someone else, when your post has offended me more?

Rhetorical or not, that para is simply not acceptable. You were asking blood for blood. Very easy to say in forums, but have you ever seen the gory images of riots and terrorist killings. Consider yourself lucky to be born in South India.
I am simply asking if Mr.Ace's logic extends to jihadis alone or to everyone. I want a "Yes" or "No" for an answer.

My post offended you. Fair enough. In the same vein his post offended me and even more so when people actually "liked" the reasoning for the Akshardham Temple attacks. How are you people any different from the Right wing extremists who reportedly said "Every action has a reaction" and whom you people don't miss a chance in castigating ?

And yes, I consider it extremely lucky to have born in Southern part of India.

Last edited:

Oracle

I can't doubt that; I was, however, pointing out a juicy contradictio in terminis in that paragraph.:happy:
I know. By doing away I did not advocate killing Karthick, but doing away with his style of addressing people and inciting communal violence.

I have been long here to know what you meant. :)

Oracle

I am simply asking if Mr.Ace's logic extends to jihadis alone or to everyone. I want a "Yes" or "No" for an answer.

My post offended you. Fair enough. In the same vein his post offended me even more so when people actually "liked" it.

And yes, I consider it extremely lucky to have born in Southern part of India.
Why are you modifying your post after I have replied? If you need time, you have it. Don't jump on the keyboard.

Ask Mr. Ace.

Yes you are extremely lucky, for with that attitude you would not last a week in the North East.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Very easy to say in forums, but have you ever seen the gory images of riots and terrorist killings. Consider yourself lucky to be born in South India.
South India isn't a lalaland where people crack innocent jokes eating idli sambar and cheering dark filmstars performing superhuman stunts (a stereotype about the south).

South has its rightful share of social-ills, political instability, communal discord, and terrorism.

It's not even like rural south India is "relatively" better. There is a constant caste and class struggle shaping the landscape.

Oracle

South India isn't a lalaland where people crack innocent jokes eating idli sambar and cheering dark filmstars performing superhuman stunts (a stereotype about the south).

South has its rightful share of social-ills, political instability, communal discord, and terrorism.
What I meant is most South Indians are educated and as such South India is progressive.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles