How can India respond to 7/13 terrorist attacks in Mumbai?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Mumbai once again has been the poor target of terrors ugly practices. Even this early an ordinary person can tell the striking similarities with the last major Mumbai attack"s". What can India do to avenge its greatest City and deter terrorists everywhere form lunching similar kind of attacks in the future? (Judging from the nature of the attacks, the group behind it seems to have absolutely no respect to Mumabi's antiterror forces.)

aragorn

Preparing another set of dossier of evidences of pakistani involvement and sent to Pakistan and hand it over to Hillary clinton in her next visit...

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Damn, look at the sarcasm oozing over here :) Anyways, I'm sad at all these casualties. Don't know what to think and write :(
One part of me says I'm not voting for Congress this time. But then, is BJP any better? Is toggling between a robber and a thief going to help at all? Or is abstaining myself from vote going to change anything?
I'm thinking over what is it that "I" should do first :( Any ideas??
Government is not in the picture. Change has to be seeded from the mango people. That is the only way a true democracy thrives.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
  • By making sure none of the politicians are ever directly held responsible.
  • By making sure none of the security chaps and babus are directly held responsible.
  • By making sure just by chance any drama of resignation by the politicians happens, then they be rewarded at a later stage for having shown their loyalty to the high offices. Post 26/11 shiv raj patil, rr patil and vilasrao deshmukh gave in their resignations, only to get rewarded at a later stage. Today shiv raj patil is the governor of Punjab, rr patil the home minister of MH, and vilasrao deshmukh a union cabinet minister, what a perfect eyewash it was.
  • By making sure no one from the administration is prosecuted for the negligence shown, it never happened, it will never happen and there anyways never was any negligence, it was just a fluke on part of the people who conducted it.
  • By making sure some sort of politics gets played on this episode soon enough, and both the ruling government and the opposition will be a game for it with counter accusations. Don't be surprised if you start getting stupid SMSes.
  • By making sure we get deeply involved in peace talks with Pakistan and PMO at the top most level gives commitments to the paks that there will be an indo-pak cricket series, because some peace talks, that "aman ka tamasha" and some stupid cricket series are much more important than the lives of the common man on the streets.
  • By making sure the youth icon of india giving more attention to UP where the elections are to be fought, come up with false accusations of people being killed only to be snubbed by the NHRC mildly later on but no attention to terror attacks, people being killed in a state ruled by his own political party because that would be political disaster if he uttered a few words of wisdom, or honesty.
  • By making ourselves mentally prepared for the next terror attack in india and then sympathize and empathize with the victims and their grieving families and then let the story repeat itself.

How did it ever make a difference to the ruling elite that the common man was dieing, earlier the reasons were different, this time it happened through terror attacks, so whats the big deal, people on the streets are after all no more than keera, maroka (insects) and are only meant to die.

prahladh

Respected Member
Politicians, I see are the main reason for most of the unresolved/sticky issues. We can't blame agencies for failures when the control is at an altogether different level. If you want results pressure should be on netas and not on individual agencies. One way I see to bring pressure or make netas accountable is by conducting elections every 2 years or less. I'm not exactly sure why we have 4 year terms so don't fk me. It's just an advice and it might be good or worst.

lcatejas

Another friendship talk with Pakistan and cricket match.....New script for Ramu's movie...
Political blame game...
Its all a vote bank game...if any 1 get captured than role for digvijay singh comes in picture...
Now its time to come together and kick these politicians a**....

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
The terrorism problem is not pakistani specific, we need to understand why pakistan was created, to serve the geopolitical goals of the imperial powers UK, once UK passed on the baton to US, US has fed this monster link: Sixty years of US aid to Pakistan: Get the data | Global development | guardian.co.uk

And this is just the US aid, the money channeled through other institutions like World bank, and other organizations, the money given by China, deffered payments for oil by Saudi Arabia and all is not there. India is not fighting "only" pakistan, rather the whole set of powers saving there pet child. We have done a decent job in turning the jihadis directed towards us, to turn them towards the ones feeding them. The pace has to be fastened up

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
We have done a decent job in turning the jihadis directed towards us, to turn them towards the ones feeding them. The pace has to be fastened up
I don't see how WE pulled it off. What was the Indian contribution to this?
It was natural. They were feeding the wildest snakes and it was only a matter of time that the snake turned out of their control.
I'll tell youi what we have achieved. We've turned more habitual & submissive to terror, suppresssion and violence by every passing day.

Regards,
Virendra

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Response : Cry over our mistakes in last 40years.

There will be no fitting response unless Indians respect value of their fellow Indian's blood.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I don't see how WE pulled it off. What was the Indian contribution to this?
It was natural. They were feeding the wildest snakes and it was only a matter of time that the snake turned out of their control.
I'll tell youi what we have achieved. We've turned more habitual & submissive to terror, suppresssion and violence by every passing day.

Regards,
Virendra
Well, I don't disagree with the habitual portion, but no, it didn't happened naturally, after the soviet started leaving the Afghanistan in 1998 by stalling the puppet government which eventually fell off in 1994, those jihadis were channeled back to us, we fought them tooth and nail, and eventually they got tired and started attacking the source, because they were not getting the success.

Regarding habitual portion, our political establishment is not willing to punch according to weight, forget about punching over the weight. Sad day :(

amitkriit

Response : Cry over our mistakes in last 40years.

There will be no fitting response unless Indians respect value of their fellow Indian's blood.
As if that's going to happen. It will be forgotten by next week, 20 deaths are not enough to shake the Indian Psyche when thousands die of hunger and disease on our streets.

niharjhatn

(Judging from the nature of the attacks, the group behind it seems to have absolutely no respect to Mumabi's antiterror forces.)
These terrorists do not show respect to anyone - even in the US has undergone two attacks on its financial centre, there is frequent bombings in Afghanistan/Iraq... what I am trying to impress is that these people are not rational, they do not think like you and me.

India seems incredibly soft, when we captured Ajmal Kasab we sat on our hands, spared millions for his trial and security. We need to be extremely proactive, being defensive is not an option, simply because it is not absolute. We need extreme pressure on Pakistan to help us destroy such cells, etc., and deal with terrorist with a heavy hand.

One part of me says I'm not voting for Congress this time. But then, is BJP any better? Is toggling between a robber and a thief going to help at all? Or is abstaining myself from vote going to change anything?
Regardless, change is needed. Not voting is only going to exacerbate the problem, and whilst I agree the BJP is nothing special, we need a new more nationalist party, and a change from congress is absolutely needed. I think people are quick to judge the last term of the BJP - true, they weren't great, but it will take a long time to repeal the damages caused previously.

Feeling absolutely sick about what happened...

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
As if that's going to happen. It will be forgotten by next week, 20 deaths are not enough to shake the Indian Psyche when thousands die of hunger and disease on our streets.
Thats beyond unfortunate for people who died & many awaiting.

Arunpillai

Another terrorist attack on mumbai.. What is our famed IB doing? Attacks like these need to be sternly handled.. All the perpetrators and their support group mercilessly hunted down and eliminated. All those planning further attacks and those who are inclined to give support and shelter to these terrorist must be no doubt regarding their future that they'd be hunted down and killed. Terrorist operate with impunity because they know that in a country like india they can get away with it.
We urgently need a federal agency in the lines of FBI.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Another terrorist attack on mumbai.. What is our famed IB doing? Attacks like these need to be sternly handled.. All the perpetrators and their support group mercilessly hunted down and eliminated. All those planning further attacks and those who are inclined to give support and shelter to these terrorist must be no doubt regarding their future that they'd be hunted down and killed. Terrorist operate with impunity because they know that in a country like india they can get away with it.
We urgently need a federal agency in the lines of FBI.
I am sorry, was that sarcasm?

Last time after attacks we did setup agencies & talked of how powerful they are.

Arunpillai

I am sorry, was that sarcasm?

Last time after attacks we did setup agencies & talked of how powerful they are.
you are talking about NIA. Wonder what became of it.. Last i heard, lot of terrorism cases were handed over to it. They're still investigating.. Lol.
I said we need a federal agency for internal security.. On the lines of Fbi. Most of the states strongly oppose this federal enforcement agency as it would clash with the powers of local police set up which is controlled by state..

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Most of the states strongly oppose this federal enforcement agency as it would clash with the powers of local police set up which is controlled by state..
Thats really a problem. And the states would never agree to centralization of the cops either. I wonder what is the way around it. Modernization of the force is one thing we must pursue urgently now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles