Honour killing in front of Lahore court

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag

A woman was stoned to death by her own family in front of a Pakistani high court on Tuesday for marrying the man she loved, police and a defence lawyer said.

Nearly 20 members of the woman's family, including her father and brothers, attacked her and her husband with batons and bricks in broad daylight before a crowd of onlookers in front of the high court of Lahore, said police official Naseem Butt.

He said Farzana Parveen, 25, had married Mohammad Iqbal, with whom she had been engaged for years in opposition to her family.

Arranged marriages are the norm among conservative Pakistanis, who view marriage for love as a transgression.

Mr. Kharal said Parveen's relatives waited outside the court, which is located on a main downtown thoroughfare. As the couple walked up to the court's main gate, the family members fired shots in the air and tried to snatch her from Mr. Iqbal, he said.

When she resisted, her father, brothers and other relatives started beating her, eventually pelting her with bricks from a nearby construction site, Mr. Iqbal said.

Iqbal, 45, said he started seeing Parveen after the death of his first wife, with whom he had five children.

"We were in love," he said. He alleged that the woman's family wanted to fleece money from him before marrying her off.

"I simply took her to court and registered a marriage, infuriating the family," he said.

Mr. Butt, the police official, said Parveen's father surrendered after the incident and called the murder an "honour killing."

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, a private organization, said in a report last month that some 869 women were murdered in so-called honour killings in 2013.

'Honour killing' in front of Lahore court - The Hindu

ayazahmad

A woman was stoned to death by her own family in front of a Pakistani high court on Tuesday for marrying the man she loved, police and a defence lawyer said.

Nearly 20 members of the woman's family, including her father and brothers, attacked her and her husband with batons and bricks in broad daylight before a crowd of onlookers in front of the high court of Lahore, said police official Naseem Butt.

He said Farzana Parveen, 25, had married Mohammad Iqbal, with whom she had been engaged for years in opposition to her family.

Arranged marriages are the norm among conservative Pakistanis, who view marriage for love as a transgression.

Mr. Kharal said Parveen's relatives waited outside the court, which is located on a main downtown thoroughfare. As the couple walked up to the court's main gate, the family members fired shots in the air and tried to snatch her from Mr. Iqbal, he said.

When she resisted, her father, brothers and other relatives started beating her, eventually pelting her with bricks from a nearby construction site, Mr. Iqbal said.

Iqbal, 45, said he started seeing Parveen after the death of his first wife, with whom he had five children.

"We were in love," he said. He alleged that the woman's family wanted to fleece money from him before marrying her off.

"I simply took her to court and registered a marriage, infuriating the family," he said.

Mr. Butt, the police official, said Parveen's father surrendered after the incident and called the murder an "honour killing."

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, a private organization, said in a report last month that some 869 women were murdered in so-called honour killings in 2013.

'Honour killing' in front of Lahore court - The Hindu
would you please tell me about glamor in your religion with the reference your holy book.
I think in this world non of religion allow a woman to be naked or glamor I am a Muslim and I also believe that your holy book doesn't allow about glamor and be naked so the people criticizing this issue actually don't follow their religion completely.

Voldemort

Country flag
would you please tell me about glamor in your religion with the reference your holy book.
I think in this world non of religion allow a woman to be naked or glamor I am a Muslim and I also believe that your holy book doesn't allow about glamor and be naked so the people criticizing this issue actually don't follow their religion completely.
Glamour? Naked? Whats the connection?

Glint

Country flag
Couldn't understand a single sentence completely. Use grammar sometimes?
Anyways i'm gonna salvage whatever i can from that sentence.

What does being naked or glamour has to do with this? are you really retarded or you just try to act smart in front of others?

So you're telling us that Quran teaches Muslims to kill women who marry someone they love, and those who don't follow it do not follow the religion completely? You are a delusional idiot in making.

ayazahmad

Couldn't understand a single sentence completely. Use grammar sometimes?
Anyways i'm gonna salvage whatever i can from that sentence.

What does being naked or glamour has to do with this? are you really retarded or you just try to act smart in front of others?

So you're telling us that Quran teaches Muslims to kill women who marry someone they love, and those who don't follow it do not follow the religion completely? You are a delusional idiot in making.
the connection is
in Islam women need to live in a house have pure humbleness don't allow to appear in front of unknown men without scarf.......
and a woman doesn't follow the rules of Islam then she must be treated according to Islamic rules. If she is married and has sex with other person then she observe stoned and also this rule implemented on man.....
now tell me does your religion allow any female or male to have sex before marriage.........no......but today most of the people do....and they are against this rule simple....I am not talking against any religion but I am talking about illegal activities

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
the connection is
in Islam women need to live in a house have pure humbleness don't allow to appear in front of unknown men without scarf.......
and a woman doesn't follow the rules of Islam then she must be treated according to Islamic rules. If she is married and has sex with other person then she observe stoned and also this rule implemented on man.....
now tell me does your religion allow any female or male to have sex before marriage.........no......but today most of the people do....and they are against this rule simple....I am not talking against any religion but I am talking about illegal activities
How many men get stoned to death? :lol:

Is "bacchabazi" allowed?

Do you know the meaning of the English word "Implemented"?

Seems like you are still a virgin with human females... might be non-virgin with your goat. :lol:

Last edited:

ayazahmad

How many men get stoned to death? :lol:

Do you know the meaning of the English word "Implemented"?

Seems like you are still a virgin with human females... might be non-virgin with your goat. :lol:

very funny :D
do you know the meaning of implement?
i think English people learn english from you indians..........
and there a number of men have been killed

praneet.bajpaie

very funny :D
do you know the meaning of implement?
i think English people learn english from you indians..........
and there a number of men have been killed
Are we calling you paki terrorists, polio afflicted inbreds from the world's backwaters? Why do you call us indians? Always remember, your ancestors were once this "so called indians".

Eradicate polio in your country first before you call others names, son.

ayazahmad

Are we calling you paki terrorists, polio afflicted inbreds from the world's backwaters? Why do you call us indians? Always remember, your ancestors were once this "so called indians".

Eradicate polio in your country first before you call others names, son.
then you need to read other threads before speak up son.........what your people saying.....and polio is also existing in india but rare......

praneet.bajpaie

then you need to read other threads before speak up son.........what your people saying.....and polio is also existing in india but rare......
No we eradicated polio 3 years ago. WHO has declared India polio free son. Not something that is associated with Pakistan. Get your facts straight before you type something.

What other threads? Why do you call us indians? Do we call you terrorist polio affected inbred as**ol**?

You can't even take care of your own sick people who have to come to so called india to get proper medical treatment. Your cricketers are dying to play in the IPL. Your film stars would much rather work in Indian films than than Paki films.

On top of that, your ancestors were also indians at some point in their lives.

ayazahmad

No we eradicated polio 3 years ago. WHO has declared India polio free son. Not something that is associated with Pakistan. Get your facts straight before you type something.

What other threads? Why do you call us indians? Do we call you terrorist polio affected inbred as**ol**?

You can't even take care of your own sick people who have to come to so called india to get proper medical treatment. Your cricketers are dying to play in the IPL. Your film stars would much rather work in Indian films than than Paki films.

On top of that, your ancestors were also indians at some point in their lives.
yes you indians said in last posts terrorists etc now why you are scared to face truth about indians
don't let them work in your films, the quality of your films are poor son.....just nudity :p and saying you are superior than Pakistan, you present your females to foreigners and saying yourself superior :D
go and look into the mirror

thethinker

Country flag
yes you indians said in last posts terrorists etc now why you are scared to face truth about indians
don't let them work in your films, the quality of your films are poor son.....just nudity :p and saying you are superior than Pakistan, you present your females to foreigners and saying yourself superior :D
You mean Veena Malik is Indian??

Voldemort

Country flag
the connection is
now tell me does your religion allow any female or male to have sex before marriage.........no......but today most of the people
Dude I advise you to not talk about Hinduism and also not compare it with Islam. Hindus are allowed to show their faces in public, and are also allowed to have sex before marriage. Hindus are not obsessed with their religion.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Will he and the other assailants be prosecuted for murder?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Dude... Islamic Paki girls are also available to foreigners. At least Veena Malik was "available" to Indians for quite a long time.
I think we would like to see Ganj'as daughter in Bollywood.

The dance of Bollywood is nothing compared to Karachi Mujra girls... @Blackwater knows this the best and would be more than happy to EDUCATE you. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Dude... Islamic Paki girls are also available to foreigners. At least Veena Malik was "available" to Indians for quite a long time.
I think we would like to see Ganj'as daughter in Bollywood.

The dance of Bollywood is nothing compared to Karachi Mujra girls... @Blackwater knows this the best and would be more than happy to EDUCATE you. :lol:
Bold part
Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap.......................... :megusta:

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

u mean to say 99% pakis dont follow religion completely???

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
u mean to say 99% pakis dont follow religion completely???
Pakis follow Jinnah who was a Pork eater and Wine Drinker so they dont follow Islam so 99% of Pakis are not following Islam basically.

The rest 1% are minority so it doesn't matter to them.

Ash

Country flag
Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- The husband of Farzana Parveen, the Pakistani woman stoned to death for refusing to participate in an arranged marriage, told CNN he killed his first wife so he could marry Parveen.

Authorities said the first wife was killed six years ago.

"I wanted to send a proposal to Farzana, so I killed my wife," Mohammad Iqbal said Thursday in an interview with CNN.

Zulfiqar Hameed, district inspector general for the Punjab police, said Iqbal's son from the first marriage alerted police to the slaying six years ago.

Human rights activist speaks on violence Iqbal was arrested but later released on bail because his son forgave him, Hameed said.

The son, Aurengzeb, who is in his 20s, confirmed his father's statements to CNN. He said his father served a year in jail.

Parveen, who was three months pregnant, was beaten to death with bricks Tuesday in the eastern city of Lahore by a group of about 20 people, including her brothers, father and cousin, police said. Police have arrested Parveen's father and are searching for the other killers in this all-too-common crime.

Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has requested that Punjab's chief minister, Shahbaz Sharif, submit a report on the incident.

The United Nations estimates 5,000 women are murdered worldwide by family members each year in "honor killings," so named because the woman's actions are considered to have brought shame on her family. But women's advocacy groups say the crime is underreported and the figure could be around 20,000 a year.

"Most 'honor' crimes can be traced to inflexible and discriminatory attitudes about women's roles, especially around sexuality," said Rothna Begum of Human Rights Watch. "Women or couples seen as having brought 'dishonor' on the community face violence, which is then held out as a chilling example for others."

Most honor killings in the Middle East and Central Asia occur in rural areas. Tuesday's attack was unusual because it happened in a public area of a big city.

Iqbal, a neighbor of Parveen's family, said he and Parveen were supposed to marry, with the family's approval, last year. As part of the arrangement, Iqbal said, he'd given Parveen's father 80,000 rupees and gold jewelry.

Last December, Parveen's mother died and her father and brothers changed their minds about the marriage, Iqbal said.

The family decided Parveen, who came from a village in Punjab, should marry a cousin, police said.

Parveen, 25, and Iqbal eloped and were married January 7 in a court ceremony. He said she liked the color white and that she was a "beautiful and good wife."

"We were happy," he said, though they were constantly worried about their safety.

"She loved us," said Aurengzeb, Parveen's stepson. "She always made the most delicious meat stew for us."

The marriage enraged her family, Iqbal said, and they demanded he pay them 100,000 rupees (about $1,000) to let the couple stay alive.

Iqbal, a farmer in the village in Jurranwala, Punjab, didn't have the money.

The family had challenged Parveen's marriage to Iqbal in the courts, accusing him of abducting her.

The attack took place Tuesday as she was on her way from her lawyer's office to the high court in Lahore, where she was expected to make a declaration that she had married Iqbal of her own volition.

"They left my office around 7:40 a.m.," the lawyer, Rai Ghulam Mustafa, said. "They arrived at the main gate of the High Court around 7:45 a.m. The opposite party, the family members of Farzana Parveen, had been lying in wait for her among the cars. They suddenly attacked her, repeatedly hit her with bricks and killed her."

One family member made a noose of rough cloth around her neck while her brothers smashed bricks into her skull, said Mushtaq Ahmed, a police official, citing the preliminary report on the killing.

Iqbal witnessed the attack and tried to protest, but was held back.

Police said they had arrested Parveen's father, whose name they gave only as Azeem. They said he had admitted to the killing and expressed no regret.

Senior Police Officer Umar Cheema told CNN that law enforcement agents are conducting raids in areas near the village to find the other killers.

Iqbal said nobody helped when the stoning began. People just stood around and watched.

Farzana Bari, a human rights activist based in Islamabad, said in many cases people outside the family don't step in to protect the victim "because it's a private matter."

Bari said the number of honor killings is probably much higher than studies show because many families don't report the killings, and the killers often avoid prosecution.

Under an Islamic element of Pakistani law, known as the law of Diyat, the family of a victim is allowed to forgive the perpetrator, according to the human rights commission's report.

Lawyer Maliha Zia told CNN that "blood money" is also part of criminal law in Pakistan.

In certain cases, when both parties agree to reach a financial settlement, the court can take the settlement into consideration instead of jail time. Also, the courts can order financial reparations instead of imprisonment, Zia said.

According to a report published in April by the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, 869 women in that country were victims of honor killings last year.

Honor-based violence has been reported in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Iraq, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Morocco, Pakistan, Sweden, Turkey, Uganda, the United Kingdom and the United States, the U.N. said in a report titled "Global Violence Against Women in the Name of 'Honour.'"

Hameed said Iqbal was on the run for several weeks after killing his first wife and eluded arrest, and those facts would be incorporated into the report on Parveen's killing

Stoned Pakistani woman's husband: I killed my first wife - CNN.com

Global Defence

New threads

Articles