HM Ambassador is turning COMPACT!

pmaitra

Ambassador CS

HM Ambassador is going to come up in a whole new avatar, called the Ambassador CS, or Compact Sedan!

More from a blog:
The under four meter Ambassador will take advantage of the tax rebate apart from its small and manageable size. Also, it might help it come out of the image that it is a chauffeur driven car. Apart from the design changes, HM is also expected to make changes under the hood as well as the 1.8 Isuzu engine disqualifies it from attracting the tax cut. Thus, HM is expected to bring in the 1.5L diesel engine to take care avatar in the new compact Ambassador. Or, there is a probability that HM will be sourcing some CRDi engine from other vendor. With the Ambassador CS available in CRDi engine we can expect that it will be highly frugal.
Source: New Ambassador CS big launch by Hindustan Motors for 2012 | Bharath Autos - Automobile News Updates

From my perspective, it all started with the Morris Isis, a long hooded car (it has a 6 cylinder engine) made using tooling made in the US and having resemblance to the then contemporary Dodge cars. Thence cane the Morris Oxford, of which the HM Ambassador is a lawful clone. Now, HM has come up with HM Ambassador CS. If they can offer modern amenities and quality interiors, it will be one of the cars people might consider. When it comes to engines, HM is already keeping pace with the Bharat Stage X norms, thanks to its tie up with Isuzu.

Awaiting more pictures.

P.S.: I had to touch up the bottom most image, because two sources added two different watermarks to that picture. Sorry guys, no matter how much you claim copyright, it comes under fair use, so first understand what is copyright and quit spoiling pictures with your silly watermarks.

Blackwater

who will buy this. even sarkari babus gets SX4 and ford fiesta.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
The design looks unproportionate :sad:

pmaitra

Will the new Ambassador CS have the same pronounced protrusion on the bonnet, or will it be more subdued?

Morris Oxford III (protruded bonnet, larger boot)

Morris Oxford II (smooth bonnet, rounded and smaller boot)

Tronic

They should just get DC to design them a new ambassador. He's already done a great job with this car before with the Ambierod. He can likely design a cheaper version too.

IBSA

Country flag
Hindustan Ambassador is one of few Indian cars that I know. I didn't know that it is produced yet.

The one time this car appeared here in Brazil was on a Peugeot's propaganda. In the scene, a stone-made car with lines remembering a Hindustan Ambassador beats itself many times in a wall, and become a Peugeot 206 in the sculpture process' end. I don't know if this propaganda was exhibited in India also.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
They should just get DC to design them a new ambassador. He's already done a great job with this car before with the Ambierod. He can likely design a cheaper version too.

If it is not a classic it is not an Ambassador,a better option was to improve build quality and work on body part gaps, a mordernised Ambassador would not be able to compete with the younger generation competitors, well its a dying Brand.

Hindustan Ambassador is one of few Indian cars that I know. I didn't know that it is produced yet.

The one time this car appeared here in Brazil was on a Peugeot's propaganda. In the scene, a stone-made car with lines remembering a Hindustan Ambassador beats itself many times in a wall, and become a Peugeot 206 in the sculpture process' end. I don't know if this propaganda was exhibited in India also.
Peugeot do not have a hold in Indian Market, even if it would have, it would be the last think Peugeot would have done here, Ambassador used to ferry Indian politicians and till date still one or two can be found in a convoy, market was liberalised after 1990.

IBSA

Country flag

This is the Peugeot's propaganda that shows a Hindustan Ambassador

Last edited by a moderator:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
This is the Peugeot's propaganda that shows a Hindustan Ambassador

I have seen this ad some where, no Idea if it is aired in India in modern times , I dont watch TV.

Last edited by a moderator:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Starts off bashing an Amby and then drives a battered Indica..

pmaitra

I like the looks of the Ambassador, or the Morris Oxford, if you will. I also like the boot of the Ambassador over that of the Landmaster. In the US, I mostly see Japanese and Korean cars. They all look the same. I am sick and tired of seeing the same old squinty headlamps and tapering nose. The Ambassador, if launched in the US, would be very refreshing indeed. Fiat has already launched the Fiat 500C and people are buying it. The Mini is also seen a bit on the roads.

Now, how would I like to see it?

Well, give me the car on the top (Morris Isis), with an extended front, with a 3 litre turbocharged V6 diesel and a 6 speed manual transmission. I also want a heater, power mirrors, central locking, airbags for front and sides, heated seats, rear passenger air vents, adjustable steering column; in addition to what it already has, i.e. power steering, power brakes, power windows, front disc brakes (rear discs would be nice too). Now, whatever you do, for Heaven's sake, do not change the rear suspension. I want the car to keep its rear axle and leaf springs. So far, I have been on the back seat of Acura, BMW, Skoda, Honda, Toyota, etc.. They all suck big time. The only car whose back seat I like as much as that of the Ambassador is that of the Ford SUVs and the Subaru Forrester. Finally, please work on the interiors of the car. While the retro-looks are good, the fit, finish and quality needs a lot of improvement. Do all I said, and price it around $30,000, and I will be there to buy it.

pmaitra

New Hindustan Ambassador Pick-Up

Hindustan Veer 0.8 ton pick-up truck. The protruded bonnet of the Morris Oxford III is replaced with the smooth bonnet of the Morris Oxford II. The grille looks poorly constructed and looks ugly.

Let's look at the older pick-ups from HM.

Hindustan Porter.

Hindustan Porter.

Much cuter sibling, Morris Oxford pick-up.

See more pictures here: OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer! - Team-BHP

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles