History of Central and Eastern Europe

Discussion in 'Europe and Russia' started by Keshav Murali, May 8, 2013.

1. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Here you go, your example of "communist propaganda" - you are reducing yourself to a joke.

[​IMG]

Here is the Amazon Link: Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin: Timothy Snyder: 9780465002399: Amazon.com: Books

Go figure.

2. Damian

Damian Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

These are lies spread by communist propaganda, which of course like all old brainwashed citizens of former Soviet Union, you believe in.

There were no such things in 2nd Republic or earlier in Commonwealth that minorities had problems with majority, coexistance was peacfull as this was tradition of the Commonwealth.

We were true state before your "help".

Why you are so uncapable to understand that we did not wanted your "help", we did not wanted presence of your military on our soild, we did not wanted closer coexistance?

But I do not care about Soviet Union paranoia, I do not care about it's interest, you invaded us, occupied us, we did not wanted your "help" we do not wish your NKVD to murder our people, we did not wish your NKVD to murder our soldiers, we had our own legal goverment in exile that had a right to further fullfill it's purpose, we did not wanted your puppets to rule us, are you incapable to understand that we are sovereign nation, with our own free will and interests and that we do not see you as friends and allies?

But we could rebuild ourselfs, we do not needed Soviet Union, we could use a much better help of USA and Marshals Plan, we could develop a capitalist economy that was far more efficent, we could avoid political prisons where enemies of communism were held, tortured and killes, how many times I will need to repeat this you blockhead, that you are not welcome in our countries, and you are perceived as occupants, is this clear to you, or you have mental problems with understanding such simple facts?

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  3. Akim

Akim Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

Of course, there have been cases and, unfortunately not rare. But such cases are severely punished, up to the shooting. But this is not the usa army, where even for this case the soldiers were given condoms.

4. MAYURA

MAYURA New Member

Oh come on you know I am not arguing on behalf of US.

It is true that many soviet officers shot dead the rapists but most were encouraged.

the german victims have described how russian women soldier unit used to laugh while they were being raped. that is disgusting.

5. Damian

This is again myth and soviet lie. If you have in mind Vietnam, US soldiers were given condoms to prevent possible illnes after intercourse with prostitutes, same applies to the World War II, there were borthels working in the west, where prostitutes were normally working.

Giving condoms is actually very civilized and well done solution to problem of illness connected to sexual intercourse and also to prevent unwanted pregnancy. And is definetely more civilized than casual rape without condom that end with unwanted pregnancy and in fact a child that can be andaboned by mother, due to trauma... not someting unusual in eastern front.

In fact rapes on avarage women were rare, and extremely punished. You believe too much in old Soviet propaganda.... I still can't believe that you believe in these lies that these communist bastards spread among you.

6. MAYURA

MAYURA New Member

The babies are in thousands who are product of rape on german women. Many of them are mongoloid features which means that central asiatics were the rapists in those cases and we all know the kazakhs and kirghiz were forcibly used in army.

Stalin condoned all this.

7. pmaitra

I wasn't talking about MIT, I was talking about Columbia University Press. Are you aware that MIT and Columbia University are different?

As I said, everything that proves you wrong, is "communist propaganda."

8. MAYURA

MAYURA New Member

You claimed that the book published from columbia university can not be communist propoganda because it is in US which is juvenile.

I told you how MIT too is in US and indulges in leftist casuistry.

Noam chomsky is hand behind binayak sen, the naxal aide.

9. Akim

I mean, the US occupation of Germany. And I don't blame his . A woman, like a man, also may not, without the sex. Germany was exhausted by the lack of the male population. Most sex arose by mutual agreement. ( this could be either an American or Soviet soldiers).

10. Damian

Yes, mutual agreement was not unusual, however rate of rapes were greater on eastern side of the border, and as I said, giving condoms to soldiers is preventing a lot of problems, even in case of rape this might help women (avoiding possible illness and unwanted pregnancy). Good solution, well thinked through.

11. pmaitra

Prove it where I said that?

12. Akim

In the USSR all its history was a problem with condoms, because "casual sex" - censored.

13. Damian

Which again shows how ill was this state, and how low valuable was life of avarage citizen, and how weak was understanding of needs of human being, actually in Soviet Union humanism was non existing.

14. Akim

Almost the same can be said about modern-day Poland, where the banned abortion and women are forced to use the services of secret clinics.

militarysta likes this.
  15. militarysta

militarysta Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

Wikipedia is opensource and any guy can edit wiki - not even have hight education. It's first.
    Second -all is about sources, I will explain it in bellow.

So now You shoud check on what sources in bibliography is based this publication. Im sure that written before 1993 in that case.
    I will expain this very simply.
    when I used to teacht students I gave them some simple exercise:
    there were divided (separated) into three groups, and eacht group must describe Stalin but using three diffrent type of cources:
    a) written between 1947 and 1953
    b) written after 1956 to 1968
    b) written after 2000
    All sources are books written by scientists. Ask about results :lol:

Soviet "sources" written before 1993 are using 20 or 26 milions number. It's propaganda bullshit, very clear after Grif siekrietnosti sniat publication - now it's the best source about fallen soilders and losses during second world war in Soviet Union. But unfortunaltly most "scientists. " rewriting the data of one another without checking or they are using older but more avaible sources about some problems. The result is still existing bullshit about 26 milions fallen soilders even in post 2000 year articles. It's the same shit like bullshit about 3 milion gased Jews in german Oświęcim deth camp (in reality circa 1,8 milion) used by polish propgadana for last ~50 yers.
    When You are using sources about Stalin or Chruszczow written in Soviet Union and during those times which result do you suspected? :) Ask Yourself about that.

And finnaly as I said:
    11 794 000 - this is number of fallen soilders in Soviet Union
    based on:
    Grif siekrietnosti sniat was ended in 1993 by team of military historians General Staff of the Russian Army edited by Col. Gen. G. Kriwoszejew

16. Damian

This is significant problem. And I do not support abortion, this is a waste of life. In my opinion two things should be done, better sexual education, also for adults, perhaps cheaper means to avoid unwanted pregnancy, and easier procedures for adoption of unwanted children.

Abortion is too much extreme in my opinion, especially that these children can be good citizens in future, and there is a lot of families that would be happy to adopt them.

But this is rather humanity problem, not only single country problem.

17. pmaitra

Puerile argument.

I think the first thing you should do, is accept, that PhD Theses do not have to be God's truth.

There was one research in UK that talked about the "Delhi bug," and India protested. Turns out, that the research was funded by some entity that had interest in the Pharmaceutical Industry.

In a communist country, you cannot write a thesis criticizing communists. There is a bias in favour of communists, and your thesis will be rejected.
    Similarly, in a nationalist Polish university, you cannot write anything favouring the Soviet Union, even if it is true, because your thesis, again will be rejected.

This is a fact of life, and you need to get comfortable with that.

Yes, anyone can edit Wiki, and as a matter of fact, history is full of conflicting reports. That is why History is Arts, and not Science.

It is my belief, that 26 million died in USSR, and I would like to stick to my beliefs, and I have to reject any accusation that it is communist propaganda. Also, remember, during those times, many historians have recorded the details, US and USSR were allies, and this is prior to the start of the Cold War. So Western and Soviet sources agree on the number 26 million.

You cannot write a thesis today and hope to debunk that. It just ain't gonna work. Maybe people in Poland will lap it up, but the rest of the world is not Poland.

18. militarysta

militarysta Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

IMHO it shoud bo only the women decision - like in Jewish culture - before third month is't only women will after that - faimly can help or say what they think but it's still womens choice.

Now in Poland we have catholic regime where the fetus is more valued than a woman.
    Damn shame for the country :-/

And Yes - most women have a choice - go for abortion trip to Czeh Republic, as ussal the most poroblem have a women without those 1,500 PLN (circa 400$) for intervention.

19. Damian

And you are really that naive to believe that both were not spying on eachother or there was a mutual trust?

It was alliance from nececity, not because some sort of love or like between both.

Hey I am atheist, a very declared atheist, and I see abortion as unethical, and unacceptable. Children are not the ones that should be punished by death because their parents were unresponsible.

Also you overexxagarating this "catholic regime", there is no such thing.

20. Akim

No need to justify. I understand perfectly. Do you think this is the right solution, and someone believed right the situation. The USSR, in the course of the war had lost more than 25 million people. So, probably thought that because you can revive the population. Condoms in the USSR appeared en masse in the 80's, when the population grew by 80 million