Historic Badangi airstrip to be reactivated by Navy

happy

i dont know.but if there had been any highway the highway route will have to be changed
I dont think there is any highway. At most, there might be a local road somewhere near the whole site but not running through it.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Look at the Map! There is a road cutting across. Turn off the road marker in the display and look at the actual road.

[map]https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=18.492267,83.38578&spn=0.037484,0.066047&t=k&z=15[/map]

Green = Runway
Yellow = Highway

It is a proper 4 lane state highway with proper asphalt cover and divider markers.

I dont think there is any highway. At most, there might be a local road somewhere near the whole site but not running through it.

Last edited:

Decklander

The real supposed highway is to the south but over the years the main entry road to this airfield has become the highway. This highway will be diverted to the original road running to the south. So any member who wishes to be Raabert Vadra can go and buy land along that road to the south of the field. IN plans to make it a very big base with its pilot training academy from basic to advanced coming up here including full fledged fighter base. This airfield lies on nearly same latitude as Goa and it will be a bigger base than Goa for aviation of IN on the east coast. The complete economy of the town will undergo a sea change for better. You guys might remember my comments on another thread here that eastern naval command will dwarf western naval command in size and strength.

rugved

How can someone possibly lay down a highway on an airstrip? :twitch: :doh: :der:

drkrn

How can someone possibly lay down a highway on an airstrip? :twitch: :doh: :der:
because the airstrip belonged to RAF and even left behind 1 year before independence..
probably the government didn't maintain any record of it officially due to its importance..

rugved

Off topic: How do you guys upload images over here?

happy

I protest !! None of the media articles made any mention of a highway on the airfield. Either the media is physically blind or google has made a huge error. @drkrn for christs sake, pls ask someone to confirm or all the posts are heading far afield.

Last edited by a moderator:

drkrn

I protest !! None of the media articles made any mention of a highway on the airfield. Either the media is physically blind or google has made a huge error. @drkrn for christs sake, pls ask someone to confirm or all the posts are heading far afield.
i feel there is no need to ask any one.a picture speaks thousand words here.

as the airfield belonged to RAF and even the base has been closed 1 year before giving us independence,the government didn't give much importance to its presence and should have laid a road.

imo there should be no problem for the upcoming base as there is already a well laid road in to the base .people should be happy for this as another logistic headache ruled out... isn't it?

the highway will indeed take a detour

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles