Hindus struggle to protect temples in Pakistan

kseeker

Retired
ISLAMABAD: The minority Hindu community in Pakistan is struggling to protect its temples and the land around them from the land mafia, a media report said on Wednesday.

Most of the Hindu inhabitants migrated to India at the time of Partition, leaving behind a number of properties and places of worship.

"These properties have been up for grabs. Some allege that locals forged documents in order to occupy land around temples and construct markets. These temples are located in areas where the value of land is very high. This acts as a magnet for the land mafia," Express Tribune reported.

"No temple here exists that has been spared by land grabbers," claims Amarnath, a resident of Kirtarpura.

The helpless community can do nothing to protect the dilapidated and plundered buildings, the report said.

For around 5,000 Hindus living in Rawalpindi, Krishna Mandir is the only place of worship left.

The temple is built on a small plot which is not enough to accommodate the community members during religious ceremonies.

"But the fact that this temple remains is also nothing short of an achievement. There was a time when its future was also bleak and even today's there are challenges to its daily existence," the daily said.

The community members believe that the land mafia attacked temples around which Muslim families were living so that the families would vacate the land and the land grabbers could take over, considering the commercial value.

Some local politicians led mobs and attacked temples, the report said.

"There is a perception that the Hindus (who migrated) had buried their wealth in these temples. Temples on the outskirts of the city were dug but when they found nothing, they destroyed the statues and defaced the statues," a community member said.

Hindus struggle to protect temples in Pakistan - The Times of India

kseeker

Retired
Where are those Effing secular Al-Bakistanis now, who whine on internet about ill-treatment of Indian Minorities by Hindus? :mad:

What are they doing for Hindu minority community in Al-Bakistan?

Neo

Where are those Effing secular Al-Bakistanis now, who whine on internet about ill-treatment of Indian Minorities by Hindus? :mad:

illtreatment of minorities in Bhin dia is a fact and we don't have better record protecting minorities either.
Though we have seen restauration of several temples, gurdvaras and churches of past couple of years.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Bakistani beoble must look after their minorities. They are also bakistanis and humanity comes before religion.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Re:

So Modi was right, and people were opposing him for what he said about sheltering Paki Hindu minority in India. :dude:

Last edited:

kseeker

Retired
illtreatment of minorities in Bhin dia is a fact and we don't have better record protecting minorities either.
Though we have seen restauration of several temples, gurdvaras and churches of past couple of years.
What ill-treatment are you talking about?

Minorities have been given special privileges in India; minorities enjoy luxuries which normal Hindus dont have here. What Bakis have done for the Baki Minorities?

restauration - you meant to say restoration?

Kshatriya87

Country flag

Minorities have been given special privileges in India; minorities enjoy luxuries which normal Hindus dont have here. What Bakis have done for the Baki Minorities?

Agreed on that. If we even think about suppressing minorities a little bit here, there would be widespread commotion and questioning of the secularism of India.

Neo

Securalism is merely a fake tag and those reservations are only to appease some minorities to bank votes.
When it comes to reality you see innocent Assam boy beaten to death or muslims being denied properties in cosmopolitan areas like Bandra in Mumbai.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Securalism is merely a fake tag and those reservations are only to appease some minorities to bank votes.
When it comes to reality you see innocent Assam boy beaten to death or muslims being denied properties in cosmopolitan areas like Bandra in Mumbai.
Pakistanis are in position to lecture others on treatment of minorities.

Neo

Pakistanis are in position to lecture others on treatment of minorities.
Lame excuse to avoid the question: can a muslim buy a house in Bandra, Mumbai?
The answer is no. RIP fake secularism in India.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
That has nothing to do with secularism. In India, you can't even get some places on rent because you are a non vegetarian. Even hindus and christians can't buy houses in some places.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Then take the Indians who think like you to Pakistan and send Pakistani Hindus who think like us to India. :rolleyes:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
There are thousands of Muslims living in bandra. Don't speak when you dont know anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neo

There are thousands of Muslims living in bandra. Don't speak when you dont know anything.

No flats for Muslims, says Bandra to saviour of Indians stuck in Kuwait

Sandhya Soman, Mohammed Wajihuddin & Mithila Phadke, TNN | Feb 28, 2014,

MUMBAI: In September 1990, Captain Zainul Abidin Juvale, master of a cargo vessel called MV Safeer, became master of the fate of 722 Indians who sailed out with him from Kuwait to Dubai. Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's troops had invaded Kuwait and the Indians there were stranded for over a month.

Tanweer Khalfay, one of the passengers on Juvale's vessel, had told TOI (September 12, 1990): "The BBC team that covered our arrival in Dubai called him [Juvale] a hero, but we don't need foreigners to tell us that."

For over a month now, Juvale has been house-hunting in Bandra (W), but he is unable to buy a flat when he likes one.

The brokers have frankly told him that the societies where he has shown interest have an unwritten rule: not to rent or sell flats to Muslims.

"Nobody asked me my religion when I risked my life to rescue fellow Indians who faced starvation and death in Kuwait," says Juvale. "Now I am being made aware of my Muslim identity."

Juvale, whose family originally comes from the Konkan, proudly says that he is a Maharashtrian. His grandfather, Fakir Mohamed Juvale, was the first Indian captain in the merchant navy and was instrumental in opening the first nautical school in the country in 1923. He was awarded the Padma Shri in 1981.

"My grandfather's autobiography was first published in Marathi," says Juvale. "I never thought that my own city, Mumbai, and especially Bandra, which I call the most cosmopolitan area in the city, would shut its doors on me."

For a Muslim, finding a home outside a Muslim ghetto is a real problem in the city. Seven years ago, Zafar Sareshwala, a businessman from Ahmedabad who had settled in England after the 2002 riots, moved to the city and underwent a similar experience. "I must have seen more than a dozen flats and everywhere I was told that they were not for Muslims," says he.

A veteran broker who took TOI reporters around a 2-BHK sea-facing flat in Pali Naka, Bandra, says he no longer takes prospective buyers to societies which might discriminate against Muslims.

He says he now takes clients only to buildings with "cosmopolitan mindsets".

Amir Rizvi, who started a 'Flats Without Brokers' page on Facebook in 2007 says there is segregation in the city, which is further perpetuated by real estate brokers.

"They take potential clients to areas that have been unofficially earmarked for Muslims," says Rizvi. "Millat Nagar near Lokhandwala, pockets in Bandra (west), Jogeshwari, [and outside the city] Mira Road, Kalyan, Mumbra and Bhiwandi have come up as Muslim areas."

Now, rental advertisements seeking tenants read like those put up in matrimonial columns.

"Everything is mentioned, including caste, creed, skin colour, work timings and marital status," says Rizvi. "It is as if you are not looking for a tenant but a life partner."

It did not surprise Rizvi when a broker put up an advertisement saying 'No Muslims' on a property website. Though the advertisement was withdrawn after public protests and the website apologized for allowing it to be uploaded, the reality has not changed.

No flats for Muslims, says Bandra to saviour of Indians stuck in Kuwait - The Times of India
Indeed, don't speak when you know nothing!!

Blackwater

did u try urself in bandra ? how u r so sure??? just by judging news article

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Indeed, don't speak when you know nothing!!
I know about this. But just this one case doesn't show the whole picture you ignorant fool. I got Muslim friends living there. Salman khan lives there. Shahrukh khan lives there. Thousands of other middle class and poor Muslims live there.

I don't know what's the problem with this one. Maybe he didn't go house hunting properly.

So your generalised claim of Muslims not getting a house in bandra is stupid and mid-informed.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
The paki called @Neo is an incorrigible moron. I am just stating a fact. He spreads the usual fear mongering anti-hindu paki propaganda against India. Pakistan has the worst record in minority affairs, it has no right to comment on India where there are growing.

Last edited by a moderator:

agentperry

why not hindus organize themselves to have dharam yudh against the non believers and protect the holy places/worship places.
enough of peaceful co-existence shit. the time has come when the minority should take up arms against the terror and atrocities.

one should reply in a way that conveys message to our opponents and display that when challenged we can take up arms. this will also stop the rant that hindus are cowards.

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned

They stopped doing anything, after Hindu community betrayed them in 1849.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles