Hindu Jagran Vedike Attacks on Birthday Party - Manglore

KS

Bye bye DFI
So you agree that you are hesitant but are trying to justify it my mentioning i was absent from some thread

:hmm:
Nope I am not hesistant. Just saying you need not patronize me :)

Since we are all in a lovey-dovey mood please drop a note to all the alphabet soup of khap panchayats there to tone down their activities there.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Perverts hiding behind excuse of protecting Hindu Culture, like we need them!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Nope I am not hesistant. Just saying you need not patronize me :)

Since we are all in a lovey-dovey mood please drop a note to all the alphabet soup of khap panchayats there to tone down their activities there.
lmao why are you turning this into regional thing by bringing in khap panchayat ?

I dont condone there activities if they go against constitution of India.

devgupt

Country flag
Do not put restrictions on your daughters.
Instead teach your sons better.

Lewd comments gets passed on for girls wearing salwar kameez and even married women in saris.
It doesn't takes length of a dress to provoke eve-teasing.
It takes a sick, chauvinistic mind for that.

Oracle

Re: 8 right-wing men held for Mangalore attack

I have a strong dislike for people and organizations who think they can dictate what people can and cannot do with their lives. Ban this Hindu Jagranch Vedike RW group, and invoke the Karnataka Goonda act against all it's members.

Oracle

Is this related to the current financial woes that this country is going through?

Due to recession, the economy contracting, much more in US and EU, exports have been declining in all sectors. Small scale industries which supply tools (among a few to name and employs a large section of unskilled workforce) to big industries have been the hardest hit. Big companies have the cash reserve to sustain as well as an experienced Management who invent innovative solutions to steer the company during a crisis. Small companies OTOH, flourish on orders from bigger companies and most of the time have a bank loan to attend too. In times of crisis, the only route they prefer and go for is the cost-cutting route, where-in they minimize production, lay-off employees, who mostly are unskilled or in some cases semi skilled. Management and sound HR policies are unheard of.

The mass of these out of work, unskilled workforce, being from a poor economic class, take resort to religion and booze to escape from the reality they face. This is where right wing organizations use them as fodder. Getting involved in riots, beating up women seems to be an easier option to vent out their frustations, while being promised by the ring leader that no harm would come to them or their family. Easily trapped, religion being the opium of the masses.

An apt example is of US Congressman Mr. Charles Wilson who was instrumental in the defeat of the Soviets in Afghanistan, aiding the mujahideens with as much as a billion dollars. But, US ----ed up the end game. US would not even grant a million dollars for re-construction of schools in post-war ravaged Afghanistan. When those mujahideens returned home, all they found were their wives, sons and families killed. Their villages napalm'd. Majority of those were below 40 years of age. They did not have any schools to go to. No decent work to attend to. Their frustrations coupled with US' short sightedness gave way to the hardline Islamic way of life.

"These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world....

... and then we ----ed up the end game." - Charlie Wilson.

In the long run, I don't think India would go the Afghanistan way. But with ineffective economic policies (read as policy paralysis), FII outflows, CAD and reducing GDP growth, social unrest is not impossible.

With the economy back into track, people would get absorbed into jobs again and would care less for stupid RW organizations.

ani82v

Country flag
There are anywhere between 5-10 crore unemployed or semi employed youth looking for job.
If it were possible to have such arrangement, there would be chaos in Bengal, in UP, etc.
What happened in Mangalore was foolish and was an aberrant incident.
At least this is one of those incidents which our corrective system is capable to take care of.

In addition to this, any organization hoping to get public support through these means would really need God's intervention! :)

Oracle

/\/\/\ You're correct. However, I was talking about the fringe lot. Would it make sense for a person who has a job, to get involved into goondagiri and thereby lose his job, go to jail? I don't think so.

ani82v

Country flag
If he is in the fringe lot, it doesn't matter what he does for living.

Oracle

/\/\/\ It's true. But then young people need to remain engaged with something. In Kolkata, in almost every galli you'd see clubs run by young chaps, which are basically support centers of either the communists or the TMC. Some people get engaged in other organizations. Knowingly or unknowingly. But religion do play a major role in times of crisis at a personal level.

Predator

2012 Mangalore Homestay attack

On July 28, 2012, activists belonging to Hindu Jagarana Vedike attacked 5 girls and 2 boys at an unlicensed homestay in Mangalore, Karnataka.[1][2] Eight persons have been arrested for the attack. HJV leadership denied their activists were involved in the incident.[3]

The activists claimed the youngsters were consuming alcohol and were involved in some "indecent activities".[4] The police claimed faces of some girls were blackened.[5]

Hundreds of locals, including women, staged protests alleging that police have not taken steps to check "illegal activities" in the home-stay despite complaining on several occasions.[5] Hindu Jagaran Vedike President Jagadish Karanth demanded an check on such "obscene activities".[5]
Contents

* 1 Government Response
* 2 Legality of Homestay
* 3 Public Reaction
* 4 See also
* 5 References

[edit] Government Response

Karnataka Home Minister R. Ashok condemned the attack and said police would take strict action against them. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) governed state government said that it would not tolerate such incidents.[4]
[edit] Legality of Homestay

Loretta Rebello is the proprietor of the homestay 'Morning Mist'. One of the victims claimed that they paid a sum of Rs 10,000 for five hours (2.30 pm to 7.30 pm) to party in the 'Morning Mist,' a bungalow with many bedrooms.[5]

Mangalore City Corporation Officer Manjunath Shetty said Loretta Rebello did not possess any commercial licence to run the homestay.[5]Deccan Herald reports Rebello started renting it out on hourly basis about two years ago.[5]
[edit] Public Reaction

Karnataka State Women's Commission's chairperson demanded unlicensed homestays in Mangalore be shut down and asked home ministry to "initiate an inquiry into the antecedents of the two boys".[6]

During an seminar on the 'Role of Alcohol and Drugs in the Mangalore Attack', Kannada thinker M Chidananda Murthy, senior advocate Pramila Nesargi, Women's Commission head C Manjula and KSTB chairperson Sacchinanda Hegde said the victims were under the influence of alcohol.[7]

They claimed alcohol was the main reason for attack at the Morning Mist Homestay in Mangalore. Sacchinanda Hegde insisted that the 5 girls and 2 boys were part of a rave party.[7]

He further claimed media portrayed it as a birthday bash as a daughter of a police official was present at the party and claimed officials had found beer bottles at the homestay.[7]

C Manjula blamed "pseudo-feminists" for not raising their voice over other instances of atrocities against women.[7]

She claimed that people at the homestay were consuming drugs, and blamed the "irresponsible" district administration "for such behaviour of youths".[7]
/
This gets interesting, some people claim it was a rave party.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles