Hindu Jagran Vedike Attacks on Birthday Party - Manglore

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
8 right-wing men held for Mangalore attack

8 right-wing men held for Mangalore attack

Police on Sunday arrested eight of the nearly 50 suspected Hindu Jagran Vedike activists who beat up 13 students, including six girls, in a show of moral policing at a house in Mangalore a day before. Vedike state chief Jagadish Karanth denied his outfit's involvement in the attack, but supported moral policing to "protect culture" even as the ruling BJP said the culprits wouldn't be spared.

Additional DGP Bipin Gopalakrishna identified those arrested as members of the Vedike.

Police also registered cases against two local TV journalists present to shoot the attack on the students, who were celebrating the birthdays of two friends.

"The police didn't find any drugs from the spot. Some softdrink bottles, food packets and beer bottles were recovered. There is nothing to suggest it was a rave party," said Gopalakrishna. He added that efforts were on to arrest all the culprits.

Amid growing public outrage, Karnataka chief minister Jagadish Shettar said nobody would be allowed to break the law.

One of the students beaten up said, "The attackers claimed they were protecting culture, but were molesting the girls at the same time."

The assaulted students are too rattled to lodge a police complaint or give out their names.

This is the second incident of moral policing in Mangalore after the January 2009 attack on a pub by the right-wing Sri Rama Sene.

8 Hindu right-wing men held for Mangalore attack - Hindustan Times

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Re: 8 right-wing men held for Mangalore attack

Police also registered cases against two local TV journalists present to shoot the attack on the students,
This incident also seems to be following the steps of the shameful Guwahati incident where it seems the media team orchestrated it.

The concerned people should be roundly thrashed in public and it should be broadcast live on national TV.

parijataka

Country flag

Apparently in this case also Congress ka haath and their paid media had a hand as per what I read from some reports in local media.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Last edited by a moderator:

sob

Mod
Country flag

Was it not the duty of the journalists to inform the cops, as they obviously had prior information. In my view these journalists are bigger culprits.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Nothing new in it, It reminded me of the Valentines Day when even the police itself acts as nut-jobs like these idiots :facepalm:, but are they right wingers or only a radical group?

Apparently in this case also Congress ka haath and their paid media had a hand as per what I read from some reports in local media.
If there is a link then post it, we'll like to read it.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

In that case congress and rss are allies in this because rss has supported it atleast according to news.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Police on Sunday arrested eight of the nearly 50 suspected Hindu Jagran Vedike activists who beat up 13 students, including six girls, in a show ofmoral policing at a house in Mangalore aday before. Vedike state chief Jagadish Karanth denied his outfits involvement in the attack,
but supported moral policing to protectculture even as the ruling BJP said the culprits wouldnt be spared.

Additional DGP Bipin Gopalakrishna identified those arrested as members of the Vedike.
Police also registered cases against two local TV journalists present to shoot the attack on the students, who were celebrating the birthdays of two friends.

The police didnt find any drugs from the spot. Some softdrink bottles, food packets and beer bottles were recovered. There is nothing to suggest itwas a rave party, said Gopalakrishna. He added that efforts were on to arrest all the culprits.
Amid growing public outrage, Karnatakachief minister Jagadish Shettar said nobody would be allowed to break the law.

One of the students beaten up said, The attackers claimed they were protecting culture, but were molesting the girls at the same time.

The assaulted students are too rattled tolodge a police complaint or give out their names.
This is the second incident of moral policing in Mangalore after the January 2009 attack on a pub by the right-wing Sri Rama Sene.

[video=youtube_share;SKarGcn8mmc]http://youtu.be/SKarGcn8mmc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;_xmEX_KvGYg]http://youtu.be/_xmEX_KvGYg[/video]

The Mangalore police have detained 20 persons in connection with the Saturday night attack on young boys and girls by a group claiming affiliation to the right wing Hindu Jagran Vedike. The 40-odd attackers had gatecrashed into a party hosted at Morning Mist, a homestay facility in the city, around 7.30 pm and assaulted 14 persons, including five girls.

An embarrassed BJP government said no one would be spared for the "inhuman act", which has sparked public outrage.

The act was recorded by at least three local TV channels, which had accompanied the mob that raided the homestay. Visual telecast on TV showed the mob groping the girls and beating up the boys who resisted the attack.

Hindu Jagran Vedike leader Subhash claimed that the attack was carried out because locals had reported that a rave party was going on at Morning Mist. Local councillor Mohan Padhil supported the claim, and also the attack. Subhash and the councillor were among the 20 people detained.

"It was a birthday party and there was no music being played. It was not a rave party. These days youths cannot even celebrate a birthday without the fear of being attacked by the moral police," said one of the boys present at the party.

Karnataka Home Minister R Ashok said the police would not tolerate people taking law into their own hands. The state government rushed ADGP Bipin Gopalakrishna to take stock of the situation and initiate further action.

Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar held a meeting with R Ashok and reviewed the situation. "The government has taken the incident very seriously. Nobody will be allowed to take law into their hands," he said, adding the police had been directed to arrest the other culprits immediately.

20 detained for attack on homestay in Mangalore - Indian Express

ani82v

Country flag
"The act was recorded by at least three local TV channels, which had accompanied the mob that raided the homestay. Visual telecast on TV showed the mob groping the girls and beating up the boys who resisted the attack."

Another Assam like incident??? What a bunch loosers!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
And in this case, all the partying boys were Hindus. So, that usual argument of "Muslim boys" won't work here.

Basically, again a case of horny toads getting a chance to grope women. And they have the temerity to shout "Bharat mata ki jai" after it. And we will have the usual suspects on DFI coming and saying how great these molesters are, and how well they are protecting "Hindu culture".

Actually, turd organizations such as these need to be culled completely. Any sensible and decent Hindu, especially the right-wing ones, should be angry with such outfits for constantly associating Hinduism with vigilantism and thuggery. These so-called "Hindu groups" always make it into the news for the wrong reasons, yet I don't find the right-wing crowd condemning them or castigating them.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Damn shame to say the least.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
what kind of a society are we turning into ?

A chauhan

Country flag
And in this case, all the partying boys were Hindus. So, that usual argument of "Muslim boys" won't work here.

Basically, again a case of horny toads getting a chance to grope women. And they have the temerity to shout "Bharat mata ki jai" after it. And we will have the usual suspects on DFI coming and saying how great these molesters are, and how well they are protecting "Hindu culture".
No one supports any crime or such acts of thuggery here on DFI!

Actually not only this Vedike group but Shiv Sena and other extremist groups do such idiotic acts to satisfy their frustration, specially on the Valentine's day ! these sexually oppressed guys are doing the same. On one hand they say that they are protecting the culture and on the other they are using it to outrage the modesty of victim women. Even when it is neither expressly nor impliedly suggested in any Hindu text to do such acts.

These so-called "Hindu groups" always make it into the news for the wrong reasons, yet I don't find the right-wing crowd condemning them or castigating them.
BJP has said that culprits wont be spared. Yet you are right that such groups always make headlines for wrong reasons.

Actually, turd organizations such as these need to be culled completely. Any sensible and decent Hindu, especially the right-wing ones, should be angry with such outfits for constantly associating Hinduism with vigilantism and thuggery
The girls wear indecent cloths today, but the way these guys are opposing it, is just disgusting! let them suffer the legal process and punishment.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ indecent clothes ?

What should a girl wear in summers ? a burkha ?

I remember a funny exchange that happened on a forum a few years back, the guy asked me if my sister would wear a swimsuit when she goes swimming, I said yes, what else would she wear ? he was flabbergasted.

A chauhan

Country flag
^^ indecent clothes ?

What should a girl wear in summers ? a burkha ?

I remember a funny exchange that happened on a forum a few years back, the guy asked me if my sister would wear a swimsuit when she goes swimming, I said yes, what else would she wear ? he was flabbergasted.
Then probably you have not seen girls wearing short skirts or something like that. If you go to swim with swimsuit it's very good, but what if you wander on the public road with swimming suit it makes a difference. Different people have different perceptions, you are not uncomfortable with swimsuit on your sister, but their are families who even don't like to see their daughters in Jeans or tea-shirts, and you can't blame them for their such perception.

The first liability to save a girl's modesty is on the girl herself, if she wears indecently exposing cloths then definitely some tharki men will misuse it :D and this time these Vedike tharki men attacked them, and remember Tharkis have the narrowest perception in the matter of clothing of women :D

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Then probably you have not seen girls wearing short skirts or something like that.
I believe I have seen plenty, all though I am not very happy with them. The girls who should not be wearing them, do wear them and the girls who should be wearing them don't wear them.

If you go to swim with swimsuit it's very good, but what if you wander on the public road with swimming suit it makes a difference. Different people have different perceptions, you are not uncomfortable with swimsuit on your sister, but their are families who even don't like to see their daughters in Jeans or tea-shirts, and you can't blame them for their such perception.

The first liability to save a girl's modesty is on the girl herself, if she wears indecently exposing cloths then definitely some tharki men will misuse it :D and this time these Vedike tharki men attacked them, and remember Tharkis have the narrowest perception in the matter of clothing of women :D
This is an example of misogyny that is steeped in our society. Why should we subjugate women ?
Castrate these punks so that they never touch another woman in their life.

KS

Bye bye DFI
From another forum by a member from Karnataka ;

It (Mangalore) actually is a boiling communal cauldron which is always at the tipping point. The influx of a large muslim population from Kerala who are more orthodox (though moneyed from the Gulf) has caused great uneasiness. The Hijab & the Burkha are now the norm & that routinely spills over to classrooms where there is now tremendous friction with some Muslim girls insisting on wearing the Hijab to class when most educational institutions have a policy of not allowing religious or religion based clothing. The second part is that of a growing number of Christian fringe groups affiliated to churches in the U.S. & Australia who are pushing a conversion driven agenda. This is completely different from the large catholic presence which has been in Mangalore for a very long time with very little friction. All this has created a very fertile ground for right wing Hindu groups who are now behaving like self appointed guardians of Hinduism. Some of then are so crazy that they keep tabs on any girls (Hindu) even talking with Muslim boys, routinely intervening in what should be a private conversation. The divide is getting worse with each passing day & points of friction are only going to increase.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Actually, turd organizations such as these need to be culled completely. Any sensible and decent Hindu, especially the right-wing ones, should be angry with such outfits for constantly associating Hinduism with vigilantism and thuggery. These so-called "Hindu groups" always make it into the news for the wrong reasons, yet I don't find the right-wing crowd condemning them or castigating them.
Dont expect any condemnations in this thread from the usual suspects. :wave:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Such matters should be resolved quickly and put on fast track courts.

Sheila Dixit too should have been lynched on her 10:00 pm deadline suggestion for girls. When people sitting in powerful positions give such suggestions rather than enforcing law & order, it looks embarrassing.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
No one supports any crime or such acts of thuggery here on DFI!
On the contrary, there is a certain member whose username starts with S and ends with 0 (zero) who will wholeheartedly support these goondas. There are a few other scumbags on DFI who will do the same.

The girls wear indecent cloths today, but the way these guys are opposing it, is just disgusting! let them suffer the legal process and punishment.
I am not sure what you are driving at here. You know, what many Indians guys do when they go abroad - they see Western (and Eastern) girls wearing so-called "indecent clothes" and assume that they are sluts/whores, and willing to sleep with anyone; and end up making utter fools of themselves (and of India).

Global Defence

New threads

Articles