"Hindu is a false faith with false gods," claims Idaho senator

Country flag
re: "Hindu is a false faith with false gods," claims Idaho senator

I agree 100%, Americans are tolerant by and large. There are hundreds of Indians in the US living happy and contented lives. Hell, Indians are the most successful community in the US, the richest people out there. This wouldn't have been possible in a bigoted or racist nation.

USA is a great country, there is no second thought about that.

But like I said, we detest the moral preaching and lecturing from the Western nations, including the USA. In spite of India being a hugely tolerant and secular nation, we always get demonized as a primitive and backward place without any freedom or secularism or rights. That pisses me off. That is what prompted the creation of this thread.
India still has a positive image in most of the world. Small countries have problems
A population of 1.2 billion will not be perfect.

DingDong

Country flag

India still has a positive image in most of the world. Small countries have problems
A population of 1.2 billion will not be perfect.
India must not care about image, nobody cares about image on international forums, only the national power (economic plus military) matters. All we need to do is to respond to them and give them a dose of their own tonic. Had an Indian leader said something like this the western media might have made it a talking point.

Last edited:
Country flag

India must not care about image, nobody cares about image on international forums, only the national power (economic plus military) matters. All we need to do is to respond to them a dose of their own tonic. Had an Indian leader said something like this the western media might have made it a talking point.
in the past since when I was a kid indian govt and Indians in general
Never replied or defended any claims. I think things have changed greatly with the
New younger generation and the internet. I will give an example of the lynching in Nagaland
Many British papers tried to twist it into a Hindu Muslim issue trying to show how
Intolerant Hindus are until one indian clarified that it is not a Hindu Muslim issue
Since Nagaland is 90 percent Christian. In the world image matters but an excessively
Aggressive or passive image are both detrimental.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Did any of them heard or spoke to their real god or can they prove his existence ?

If not how can they say our GODs are false?

This is like my assumption or belief with out any proofs is better than your assumptions and beliefs.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I would think that Man made religions are false.

All religions are man made with a great imaginative, manipulative and preachy powers.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

in the past since when I was a kid indian govt and Indians in general
Never replied or defended any claims. I think things have changed greatly with the
New younger generation and the internet. I will give an example of the lynching in Nagaland
Many British papers tried to twist it into a Hindu Muslim issue trying to show how
Intolerant Hindus are until one indian clarified that it is not a Hindu Muslim issue
Since Nagaland is 90 percent Christian. In the world image matters but an excessively
Aggressive or passive image are both detrimental.
Nagaland is a Christian State, so it does indicate the manipulative foreign press attempting to defame India that the Hindus have gone crazy.

JBH22

Our dear friend believes the same :)

Syd

Country flag
I am looking forward to the next opening of the Senate (is it annual?) when no doubt the local Imam will demand equal right to say the opening prayer. If denied there will be accusations of Islamophobia! American Flags will be burned in Pak land and the Middle East! What fun.

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI
the faith of USA is different of India,the majority of americans are ignorant and end criticizing the indian faith and the India's love for cricket.

Aravind Sanjeev

United States is not even a tolerant nation. Both racism and religious intolerance are prevalent across the country.
There are all-white schools in US and even they separate over red states and blue states.
By the way, Obama's lecture is probably born out of pentagon. He himself admitted to be a victim of America's racism. Now with that being said, I don't think that senator knows anything about Hinduism faith. He let his patriotism leak.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Which religion is true is a matter up for debate.... what is indisputable however is that you are an irreverent Hindu basher.... and you absolutely have the right to be a prick..

I don't know why people are jumping up and down about this. Even though I am a hindu, if only nominally, I am forced to agree that it's a primitive faith with meaningless rituals and weird gods. The good things, like advaita, were copied from Buddhism. So basically only two religions can be true - either Buddhism or Christianity.

If there's no god, then Buddhism is most likely true. If there is a god, then Christianity is true since it's easier to believe that God would incarnate in human form and suffer through the same agony in order to save humanity This is a more mature view than the hindu idea of avatar where vishnu incarnates in all sorts of weird forms and has fun tearing up demons.

So bottom line, hinduism with its four-armed gods and six-nosed goddesses is a primitive faith, so the senator is right about that. It is funny to watch rw hindus getting upset, especially since they claim to be agnostic.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ And this is how self-proclaimed "secular thugs" expose themselves on a daily basis. This @genius thug is a live example of the poison we are breeding in our country on a constant basis. Such people give more help to the RW cause than anything else. If people feel there is already "polarization" and "growing RW anger", trust me - you haven't seen anything yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Jews Slam Idaho Lawmaker for Hindu 'False Faith' Claim

An Idaho state senator's description of Hinduism as "a false faith with false Gods" drew calls from Jewish clergy for an apology. Sheryl Nuxoll joined two other Republican senators in refusing to attend the daily invocation on March 3 because a Hindu chaplain, Rajan Zed, led it. Nuxoll was quoted by The Associated Press as saying that she refused to attend because she sees the United States as a Christian nation. "Hindu is a false faith with false gods," she said. "I think it's great that Hindu people can practice their religion but since we're the Senate, we're setting an example of what we, Idaho, believe." Her statement led Rabbi Daniel Fink of Boise's Congregation Ahavatah Beth Israel to recruit a slate of local clergy to sign on to a letter he wrote calling for an apology. "Being a public official who is expected to represent all citizens, it is highly inappropriate and insensitive for Ms. Nuxoll to unnecessarily label a major religion as 'false,' as there are about 3 million Hindus in U.S.A., including some in Idaho," said the March 14 letter, organized through the state's Interfaith Equality Coalition. It was signed by 28 clergy and a number of other people. Also asking for an apology was Rabbi ElizaBeth Beyer of congregations in Reno, Nev. and Tahoe Vista, Calif., who has served with Zed on interfaith panels. "If Nuxoll had a clue, she would know that Hinduism is the third largest religion of the world and it offers rich philosophical thought," Beyer said in a statement circulated by Zed and which she confirmed to JTA. Nuxoll drew attention in 2013 when she compared health insurance exchanges to the trains that transported Jews to death camps.

Jews Slam Idaho Lawmaker for Hindu 'False Faith' Claim – Forward.com

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
I don't know why people are jumping up and down about this. Even though I am a hindu, if only nominally, I am forced to agree that it's a primitive faith with meaningless rituals and weird gods. The good things, like advaita, were copied from Buddhism. So basically only two religions can be true - either Buddhism or Christianity.

If there's no god, then Buddhism is most likely true. If there is a god, then Christianity is true since it's easier to believe that God would incarnate in human form and suffer through the same agony in order to save humanity This is a more mature view than the hindu idea of avatar where vishnu incarnates in all sorts of weird forms and has fun tearing up demons.

So bottom line, hinduism with its four-armed gods and six-nosed goddesses is a primitive faith, so the senator is right about that. It is funny to watch rw hindus getting upset, especially since they claim to be agnostic.

Nothing wrong with those so called "weird primitive rituals" or having four armed gods, (six- nosed ?) goddesses. I mean as long as they're not involved in pedophilia/bacchabazi, i don't see any problem with it. just sayin ! :rolleyes:

sgarg

Hinduism seems to be a modern invention; a result of "panditai" of recent times. The little older faiths are "Vaishnav", "Shaiv" and "Shakt". There are also weird faiths like "aghori". A lot of stories currently prevalent in Hinduism are modern inventions.

No Puranns written in Sanskrit defines the word Hindu; where as Veda and Manu Smriti clearly define the word "Arya".

Hinduism seems more like a political movement (where it fits perfectly) rather than a religion. A religion MUST have a well defined structure.

sgarg

India cannot survive on Hinduism. The core of India remains Vedic religion. The strength of India is Vedic religion. The values in India are due to vedic religion. Hinduism is just a pretender.

Hinduism runs on the strength of 3-4 million preachers and Pandits; but these people confuse more then educate due to lack of Vedic education.

India needs to go back to Vedic roots. Smami Dayanand Saraswati did a yeoman's job to bring Indians back to its Vedic roots. This is what we need if we have to build a strong country.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
A religion MUST have a well defined structure.
Patently False .... I'd like to see your flags.

the two true religions in this world , the "religion" of Pedo warmonger and of Zombie Carpenter is carefully structured to overtly transfer theological and covertly transfer political power to an authority. In case of the zombie cult it was the church and Christians , where ever they have political power are on an ISIS like spree like in the Central African Republic . :lol: the less said about Islam the better.

Real religion is between the so called "creator" and his creation ...... in that sense Hinduism and Buddhism are real religions.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
United States is not even a tolerant nation. Both racism and religious intolerance are prevalent across the country.
There are all-white schools in US and even they separate over red states and blue states.
By the way, Obama's lecture is probably born out of pentagon. He himself admitted to be a victim of America's racism. Now with that being said, I don't think that senator knows anything about Hinduism faith. He let his patriotism leak.
It is not only him who does not know anything about Hinduism as you stated, Americans do not know anything about rest of the world. I have watched few videos in which they were failed to give correct answer to questions about their own country.

Last edited:

sgarg

Patently False .... I'd like to see your flags.

the two true religions in this world , the "religion" of Pedo warmonger and of Zombie Carpenter is carefully structured to overtly transfer theological and covertly transfer political power to an authority. In case of the zombie cult it was the church and Christians , where ever they have political power are on an ISIS like spree like in the Central African Republic . :lol: the less said about Islam the better.

Real religion is between the so called "creator" and his creation ...... in that sense Hinduism and Buddhism are real religions.
Maybe. But why do you think Hinduism is any different? The stories are invented from inventor's political beliefs. I suggest you read the books of Hinduism (that you think Hinduism is based on), provide quotations here, then we can discuss.

Even BJP understands that Hinduism is a shaky political foundation. This is why BJP is working on a model of good governance.

Hindu identity, Bhartiyata etc. must be taken as political terms which connotate a political awakening to ceaseless attacks on India.

I suggest you quote a scripture (any) that defines Hindu or Hinduism.

sgarg

It is not only him who does not know anything about Hinduism as you stated, Americans do not know anything about rest of the world. I have watched few videos in which they were failed to give correct answer to questions about their own country.
There are many whiteheads, biker gangs etc. BUT there are many genuine smart people also.

It depends who you talk to.

You should study "Satyarth Prakash" or "Light of Truth" by Swami Dayanand Saraswati. This books dispels ignorance about Vedic religion and sheds light on the origin of beliefs and religions present in Indian society.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles