Hindu group admits role in Haryana blasts ; 5 arrested

Poseidon

Country flag
Hindu group admits role in Haryana blasts.
TNN | Feb 22, 2012, 05.21AM IST

CHANDIGARH: Five people arrested by Patiala Police in connection with a series of blasts in Haryana are associated with a Jind-based Hindu terror group, Azad Sangthan. The five accused had been arrested earlier by Haryana Police on similar charges but were released on bail.

They were allegedly involved in a blast near a madrasa in Jind in 2010 and another near a Transport Union office in Safidon in August 2010. But, they got bail as police failed to file chargesheet in time.

While in police custody, the police did not question the five suspects, including Azad alias Sagar alias Kala, Himmat Singh, Gurnam and Rajesh, about blasts at Jind and Nuh . On Thursday, however, they confessed their role in the blasts. Haryana Police chief ordered a probe into the lapses in investigation. "We have asked the Jind SP to probe and submit a report," said B S Sandhu, additional director general of police, law and order. During interrogation, they told police they were opposed to cow slaughter, said Sandhu. Blasts in Haryana occurred between October 2009 and August 2010 at Jind, Safidon and Nuh.

Hindu group admits role in Haryana blasts - The Times of India

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
TwoCircles.net is not mainstream media. It's pro-Muslim news site.

KS

Bye bye DFI
----------------------

Last edited:

Vyom

Seeker
Was reported in Indian Express too and Indian Express was just yesterday found with false news saying Sushma Swaraj said Mayawati is cold-hearted. *snickers*

These news are coming from PTI. :heh:

Poseidon

Country flag
Haryana blasts: Gaushalas, their heads under scanner.
VARINDER BHATIA : Jind, Wed Feb 22 2012, 03:41 hrs

The five accused, arrested last week from Patiala on charges of executing a series of bomb blasts at various Muslim installations in Jind and Mewat districts of Haryana, were allegedly "instigated and motivated" by a man named Swami Dayanand, who runs a gaushala (cow pound) in Nuh tehsil of Mewat district. While Dayanand's role is under scanner, the role of two more gaushala heads has also come to the fore.

The accused were known as members of a "cow saviour" group — Azad Sangathan — in Uchana region of Jind district. Police sources said that Sagar — head of Azad Sangathan — and his team were even paid a few thousand rupees each to execute bombings at various Muslim installations in 2009 and 2010.

On Tuesday, the five accused were produced in the court of Basruddin Chief Judicial Magistrate at Jind district courts, from where three accused — Sham Niwas, Praveen Sharma and Gurnam Singh — were remanded to judicial custody. Sagar alias Azad alias Kala and his accomplice Rajesh Kumar were remanded to Safidon police custody in connection with the 2009 blast in Safidon.

"The accused, during interrogation, have revealed that six more persons — Kismat, Surender, Ajay, Pawan, Sonu and an unidentified man — had helped them in executing serial blasts in various places in Haryana in 2009 and 2010. Most of these persons, who are currently absconding, belong to Jind district and are members of Sagar's group. We are conducting raids to nab them. The role of gaushalas and their heads are also under scanner," said Inspector Rohtash Singh, the investigating officer of the case told The Indian Express.

The other two gaushala heads under scanner included Swami Gorakshanand, with his base on the outskirts of Uchana village. According to police, Sagar and his accomplices used to assemble at this gaushala and plan strategies. The third gaushala in question was managed by Swami Ganeshanand in Uchana. While villagers claim that Ganeshanand had recently died, police sources claimed that Sagar and his group used to frequent this gaushala and hold meetings.

When contacted, Swami Gorakshanand denied any knowledge of Azad Sangathan's activities.\ "I am not aware of any such activities having been executed by Sagar or his friends. I am based here for the last over 40-50 years and we run various ashrams in Haridwar and Kurukshetra and gaushalas in Jind district," said Gorakshanand. Meanwhile, a visit to the residences of the accused in Uchana and neighbouring villages reveal a stark similarity. Construction activities were going on at the residences Sagar, Gurnam Singh and Sham Niwas. While their families claimed that they were poor and have no means of survival as the police have arrested their bread earners, they failed to explain the source of money, which was being pumped in for construction purposes.

Haryana blasts: Gaushalas, their heads under scanner - Indian Express

Galaxy

Country flag
I searched the Google and didn't found anything about Azad Sangthan. If proven guilty, Government should banned this group.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Hindus make piss poor terrorists. Really.

For few thousand rupees and that too for protecting cows ?

And whats up with the "confession" every time, even before the FIR is filed ?!.

C'mon we are the world's third largest religion. We need to have some standard.

ps.;- Looks like PC is making good on his (poll) promise :p

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Terrorism has no religion, except when the religion in question is Hinduism :p
I agree.

But remember that when next time you bash other religions. You conveniently bash other religions...then say religion has no religion. Be consistent rather than hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I searched the Google and didn't found anything about Azad Sangthan. If proven guilty, Government should banned this group.
May be they wanted to get famous and get into google results..

KS

Bye bye DFI
I agree.

But remember that when next time you bash other religions. You conveniently bash other religions...then say religion has no religion. Be consistent rather than hypocrite. :rolleyes:
You fail to comprehend my post.

Poseidon

Country flag
Terrorism has no religion, except when the religion in question is Hinduism :p
I agree with the first part.
Had a Muslim group been mentioned all hell would have broken loose in here. Every discussion in DFI ends up into Muslim bashing.

Blackwater

These groups are result of unemployment among youths, most of these small groups made by college dropouts. They do little sensational work like this then they become popular in their area and start the most profitable business " extortion"

Galaxy

Country flag
May be they wanted to get famous and get into google results..
I don't think they know about Google. Or May be Haryana Congress Government gave instruction to Police to take the point which suits their Vote Bank politics ? Anything is possible.

KS

Bye bye DFI
These groups are result of unemployment among youths, most of these small groups made by college dropouts. They do little sensational work like this then they become popular in their area and start the most profitable business " extortion"
I think this is the most likely reason, not vote bank politics.

There is a popular comedy in Tamil by Vadivelu...Naanum Rowdy Thaan where he wantedly goes to a jail (infact begs the constable to arrest him to showcase himself as a rowdy.

Vyom

Seeker
I agree with the first part.
Had a Muslim group been mentioned all hell would have broken loose in here. Every discussion in DFI ends up into Muslim bashing.
That is because they are all associated with cross-border terrorism. While no Hindu group has any history of terrorism that which is so intensely being trying to be propagated.

Poseidon

Country flag
That is because they are all associated with cross-border terrorism. While no Hindu group has any history of terrorism that which is so intensely being trying to be propagated.
Most of the cross border terrorists are from Pak,so Indian Muslims are not responsible in majority.
However there are several Indian Muslim terrorist groups like IM just like there are Hindu Terrorists group like Abhinav Bharat.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles