Hindu Doctors Gunned down in Pakistan

sob

Mod
Country flag
Four Hindu doctors gunned down in Pak

Four Hindu doctors were gunned down today in Pakistan's southern Sindh province, sparking fears and panic among the minority community.

The doctors were gunned down in their clinic in Chak town close to Shikarpur.

Dr Ramesh Kumar, a former member of provincial assembly and chief patron of Pakistan Hindu Council, confirmed that Dr Ashok, Dr Naresh, Dr Ajeet and Dr Satia Paul were killed by armed assailants while working in their clinic.

"This is not the first time such an incident has taken place where members of our community have been targeted. What is of concern is that the law enforcement agencies tend to support the criminals involved in such acts," Dr Kumar told PTI.

http://www.firstpost.com/fwire/four-hindu-doctors-gunned-down-in-pak-125774.html

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
To be fair to the Pakistani lurkers on DFI, I accept that this is not necessarily an anti-minority action.

Because, hell - everyone in Pakistan is liable to be gunned down, irrespective of religion. Are you an Ahmadiya? Bam. Shia? Bam.

Sunni? Well, ok.. but wait - are you a Pathan in Karachi? Bam. Are you a Mohajir in Pathan dominated areas of Karachi? Bam. Are you a Christian, or worse, a Yahudi? Bam.

So, I do not agree with the assessment of Dr. Ramesh Kumar that members of the Hindu community are being specifically targeted. Getting gunned down is part and parcel of daily life in Pakistan. :tsk:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Who cares ?

They chose to stay on in the country even after being offered a chance to escape the hellhole and they are paying for it.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
To be fair to the Pakistani lurkers on DFI, I accept that this is not necessarily an anti-minority action.

Because, hell - everyone in Pakistan is liable to be gunned down, irrespective of religion. Are you an Ahmadiya? Bam. Shia? Bam.

Sunni? Well, ok.. but wait - are you a Pathan in Karachi? Bam. Are you a Mohajir in Pathan dominated areas of Karachi? Bam. Are you a Christian, or worse, a Yahudi? Bam.

So, I do not agree with the assessment of Dr. Ramesh Kumar that members of the Hindu community are being specifically targeted. Getting gunned down is part and parcel of daily life in Pakistan. :tsk:
If it were one person there are chance of personal enmity or criminal activity like killing for ransom. But here the number is four...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Any drugs missing from the clinic?

Iamanidiot

Any drugs missing from the clinic?
Might be a cased of failed extortion or Religious nuttery this is pakistan we are talking about.As far as drugs are concerned Pakistan is the land of flowing milk and honey

Galaxy

Country flag
I failed to understand why they stayed in Pakistan after partition ?? They should have left terrorist and extremist country in 1947 only. Pakistan become what they wanted to become. Islamic country are never good for Hindus and Non-Muslims. Now, No hope left.

Hindu population decreased from 22% to 2% from 1947 to 2011. by 2030, I don't think Hindu would be even 0.1% left. Sad to know such autocrats against minority community.

Last edited:

SLASH

Behind every attack there should be reasoning. What is the reason behind this attack? Have the doctors done some wrong? Has the community misbehaved in any manner and hence being targeted? Was it extortion?

SPIEZ

Country flag
Four Hindu doctors gunned down in Pak

Four Hindu doctors were gunned down today in Pakistan's southern Sindh province, sparking fears and panic among the minority community.

The doctors were gunned down in their clinic in Chak town close to Shikarpur.

Dr Ramesh Kumar, a former member of provincial assembly and chief patron of Pakistan Hindu Council, confirmed that Dr Ashok, Dr Naresh, Dr Ajeet and Dr Satia Paul were killed by armed assailants while working in their clinic.

"This is not the first time such an incident has taken place where members of our community have been targeted. What is of concern is that the law enforcement agencies tend to support the criminals involved in such acts," Dr Kumar told PTI.

http://www.firstpost.com/fwire/four-hindu-doctors-gunned-down-in-pak-125774.html
WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS, BEAUTIFUL why the hell did they ever plan to stay there ?

Galaxy

Country flag
Three Hindus killed in Muslim dancing girl row

KARACHI: Gunmen shot dead three Hindus in a remote southern Pakistani town in a dispute over a dancing girl with a local Muslim tribe, officials said on Tuesday.

The incident took place on Monday in Chak town near Shikarpur city, 400 kilometres north of Karachi.

"Two men riding a motorbike opened fire at a clinic, killing three Hindu doctors and wounding a paramedic seriously," Pakistan Hindu Council chief Ramesh Kumar told AFP.

He said the dispute had erupted between the Hindu community and the local Baban Khan Bhayo tribe after local Hindu boys brought a Muslim dancing girl to the area.

"Police raided the house where the girl was dancing and arrested four boys," said Kumar.

He said that the issue had been taken to the local assembly of elders to be resolved peacefully after the ongoing Eid holidays, but before that could happen the shooting took place, he said.

Kumar said the Hindu community had sought protection from police after receiving anonymous calls threatening them with "serious consequences".
Sindh police Inspector General Mushtaq Shah also confirmed the explanation for the incident and the casualties.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/11/08/three-hindus-killed-in-muslim-dancing-girl-row.html

sob

Mod
Country flag
Behind every attack there should be reasoning. What is the reason behind this attack? Have the doctors done some wrong? Has the community misbehaved in any manner and hence being targeted? Was it extortion?
SLASH,
Hindu's have been regularly targeted for extortion in Pakistan. This is a regular occurrence in Sind especially.

sob

Mod
Country flag
WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS, BEAUTIFUL why the hell did they ever plan to stay there ?
SPIEZ, I still have relatives staying there in Pakistan. In fact my Great Grandfather stayed back in Pakistan with his youngest son to take care of the Zamindari. He preferred to stay in Pakistan in the land oh his ancestors rather than go to Delhi and live like a refugee.

My cousins visit India once in 3 or 4 years and yes even in Punjab where they have been the landlord for generations now it is becoming difficult for them. In our family all the Girls ( My Aunts) were sent to India in late 60s and 70s to get married here. For the remaining people we have been trying to get them, it is taking time, but one day they will also be in India.

SPIEZ

Country flag
SPIEZ, I still have relatives staying there in Pakistan. In fact my Great Grandfather stayed back in Pakistan with his youngest son to take care of the Zamindari. He preferred to stay in Pakistan in the land oh his ancestors rather than go to Delhi and live like a refugee.

My cousins visit India once in 3 or 4 years and yes even in Punjab where they have been the landlord for generations now it is becoming difficult for them. In our family all the Girls ( My Aunts) were sent to India in late 60s and 70s to get married here. For the remaining people we have been trying to get them, it is taking time, but one day they will also be in India.
God willing, let that happen ASAP, before the Puke's kill every last one of them

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

For me this really adds understanding of the effect on real persons lives of Partition, an event I have only read about.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Refugees from pakistan were given land to stay in in delhi by my family.

Its worth tens of crores now :tsk:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I don't understand. Are they leaking extra doctors there in that country stricken with droughts/floods/displaced war refugees?
.. Idiots !! :mad2:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Refugees from pakistan were given land to stay in in delhi by my family.

Its worth tens of crores now :tsk:
If its any consolation at the time it was worth a mere pittance. Which locality was it in ?

========

A family known to us, had 20,000+ acre zamindari in Punjab Pakistan but were allotted only 500 acres of 'banjari zameen' in Haryana when they came to India.

At the time the value of 500 acres in Haryana would've probably been worth 50 acres of the same land in Pakistani Punjab.

Today, however, imho 500 acres in Haryana would be worth 20,000+ acres in Pakistani Punjab.

PS:They had sold off their land long back.

Adux

Country flag
Who cares they are Pakistani's. They can kill each other for all I care.

Its not our fault that their forefathers decided to stay in that hellholes, And their ancestors before that didnt protect themselves from the invasions. They deserve what they get for being weak and foolish.

Dont care a wee bit.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If its any consolation at the time it was worth a mere pittance. Which locality was it in ?
Near qutub area...it was only given as temporary measure until govt relocated them somewhere else.

but you know how govt works.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles