HH Dalai Lama's Tawang visit!

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Tibetan autonomous government is in Lasa. Are you saying that one of the Tibetan Dalai Lamas was Indian? Please eleborate.
The Dalai Lama is Tibetan, not Chinese.

There is only one "The Dalai Lama" as of now, He is Tenzin Gyatso. He is a Tibetan.

Koji

Naaah..see this article, more authentic news as far as India is concerned. The syndicated news on international media is more likely planted by China to spread lies.

fullstory

PTI - Press Trust of India
I'll trust the Western news sources, thank you very much. We all know the overzealousness in which Indian media deals with China.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
If so many posters love free Tibet why don't you appeal to Indian government to free South Tibet as you call it AP? Is there any Indian unaware of that it is Tibetan area? In this case the Tibetans would have an autonomous government in Lasa and an independent government in Tawang, a quite good solution.

Sorry, it is the chinese who erroneously call AP a part of Tibet.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I'll trust the Western news sources, thank you very much. We all know the overzealousness in which Indian media deals with China.
just as we all know Chairman Mao was the best leader ever ? and Aren't these western sources spreading lies about China ? :

Wait for a day or 2 for the MEA clarification to percolate.

Koji

just as we all know Chairman Mao was the best leader ever ? and Aren't these western sources spreading lies about China ? :

Wait for a day or 2 for the MEA clarification to percolate.
What lies are the Western media outlets spreading?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
What makes you think that a government already so careful NOT to offend China over Tibet will allow the Tibetans to form a formal independent government in India? They already block news access, and haul away Tibetan protestors (for example the Olympics).
Dalai Lama's visit Arunachal Pradesh is as in yo face as it gets in diplomacy. :goodstuff:

Koji

try search some Chinese members were speaking about it. Can you shed some light ?
I have no idea what you are referring to. Also, I would like to request that the title of this thread be changed back. It is uncertain as to if it is a media lie. Mods?

qilaotou

The Dalai Lama is Tibetan, not Chinese.

There is only one "The Dalai Lama" as of now, He is Tenzin Gyatso. He is a Tibetan.
Dalai keeps telling people that Tibet is part of China. Tibetans are Chinese citizens or emigrants. The dalai lama as of now is ethnic Zang. I bet you don't even know there are several minorities in the Tibetan area.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I have no idea what you are referring to. Also, I would like to request that the title of this thread be changed back. It is uncertain as to if it is a media lie. Mods?
The content yo have posted is not an official statement form GoI. So, for now the title remains same. If for some reason GoI doesn't issue permits to foreign journalists, the title will be changed.

Koji

The content yo have posted is not an official statement form GoI. So, for now the title remains same. If for some reason GoI doesn't issue permits to foreign journalists, the title will be changed.
The GoI has not said that this report is a lie. Therefore, it is untruthful to already declare it so! Please change it back or at least make the title state that it is currently uncertain.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
The GoI has not said that this report is a lie. Therefore, it is untruthful to already declare it so! Please change it back or at least make the title state that it is currently uncertain.
Government said that it is processing the permits of Foreign and Indian Journalists which contradicts the report that lay claims to restriction of coverage to Dalial Lama's visit and is therefore a lie. There is no uncertainty there. As I said in earlier post, it will be changed back when things change.

Don't go on a questioning binge on this issue. You don't want to regret later.

Quickgun Murugan

Dalai Lama Lesson

India shows the world how to stand firm with China.

As President Obama prepares for his trip to Beijing next month, he'd be wise to cast an eye toward New Delhi, where Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is showing the rest of the world how to deal with Beijing when it gets into a bullying mood.

At issue is the Dalai Lama's proposed trip next month to visit Tibetan Buddhist believers in Arunachal Pradesh, a province governed by India but claimed by China since the 1962 border war. Chinese spokesperson Ma Zhaoxu said last week the trip "further exposed the anti-China and separatist nature of the Dalai clique."

But India stood firm. During a regional summit over the weekend Prime Minister Manmohan Singh says he "explained to Premier Wen [Jiabao] that the Dalai Lama is our honored guest; he is a religious leader." The prime minister went on to imply that the Dalai Lama was free to travel where he pleased, so long as he did not engage in politics

This contrasts with Mr. Obama's decision not to meet with the Dalai Lama earlier this month. His cave-in broke Presidential precedent and emboldened Beijing to step up anti-Dalai Lama rhetoric, particularly in—guess where—India, which has hosted Tibet's government-in-exile for more than 50 years.

Mr. Singh will face further China tests soon, given the other conflicts with his northern neighbor. China and India still dispute their 2,200-mile long border, and Indian defense officials say that Chinese incursions into Indian territory are on the rise. The two also have disputes over Kashmir and Nepal.

Those irritants are more reason for Mr. Singh to stand firm on the principles for which India stands—the very same principles of democracy and freedom that America holds. Therein lies a lesson for Mr. Obama's China diplomacy as well.

India Uses Dalai Lama Visit to Send Signal to China - WSJ.com
Its an opinion piece in WSJ. Nothing to thump our chest about. I wont be surprised if the author of this article is an Indian too.

The article is more anti-obama, than pro-india. It does not make any logical sense whatsoever for Obama to meet Dalai Lama and irk the Chinese. It is well known fact that US-China have have lot of economic stakes and Dalai lama is their least botheration.

Moreover, China does not threaten any US territory as compared to India, for the US to take a hard-stance against it. Upset Chinese is the last thing US wants considering the quagmire it is already in.

nimo_cn

Country flag
The Indian government does not represent the popular Indian view, most Indians do not agree with the government and support the Tibetans fully.
Hey, LETHALFORCE, India is a democracy. How comes the govenment of a democracy don't represent the popular view of its citizens?
Are you representing the Indian people now?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Dalai keeps telling people that Tibet is part of China. Tibetans are Chinese citizens or emigrants. The dalai lama as of now is ethnic Zang. I bet you don't even know there are several minorities in the Tibetan area.
Then why do you Chinese piss and moan about everything He does as "separatist acts"?

sob

Mod
Country flag
Hey, LETHALFORCE, India is a democracy. How comes the govenment of a democracy don't represent the popular view of its citizens?
Are you representing the Indian people now?
Dear Friend,

The ruling party in the last election got around 38% of the total votes in the last election. In the Indian setup you need to be first past the post, i.e you need to have a minimum of 51% of the seats not 51% of the vote share.

Just to clarify to you, if there are 5 canditates in the fray and 4 get 19% votes each then the 5th canditate with 24% vote share will be declared the winner.

So my friend it is not necessary that the GOI represents the will of the majority. :india:

sandeepdg

Oh really , what about the bullshit that the Chinese media sells to its people about India ??

nimo_cn

Country flag
Dear Friend,

The ruling party in the last election got around 38% of the total votes in the last election. In the Indian setup you need to be first past the post, i.e you need to have a minimum of 51% of the seats not 51% of the vote share.

Just to clarify to you, if there are 5 canditates in the fray and 4 get 19% votes each then the 5th canditate with 24% vote share will be declared the winner.

So my friend it is not necessary that the GOI represents the will of the majority. :india:
Thanks for your explanation, which makes me clearer.

According to you, it is true that most Indian people don't agree with GOI on the Tibet issue. If so, why don't Indian people make the GOI change its stance on Tibet? I totally believe Indian people have the right to do that. No offence, i ask that question just out of curiosity.

After being here, i was always upset reading some Indians' comments on Tibet, such as "Free Tibet", etc, which totally contradicts the official stance of GOI. In China, what government have said counts, we will not say something that is inconsistent with the formal declaration of the government, especially when it comes to foreign policy.

Flint

Government policy doesn't have to reflect the will of the people, especially on foreign policy.

That is why we have a government. Majority decision is not always the right decision.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Oh really , what about the bullshit that the Chinese media sells to its people about India ??
Several years ago, hardly could you find something about India on Chinese news paper. But today, India is constantly mentioned in Chinese media, to many common Chinese people, India is becoming closer and closer. Maybe that's why there are so many Chinese members here. I think Indian people should be happy with that, the trend that India is getting more and more attention indicates India has become a powerful country that can't be neglected.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles