Help Needed - IOFS Officer

Adux

Country flag
Hiya everyone

One of my friend's sister got a proposal from a guy, who got selected as an Indian Ordance Factory Service Officer upon completion of his Civil Service Exams, he sat 3 times to achieve, his target was IAS I presume. This girl is from a upper middle class family, extremely beautiful and intelligent, has a double masters i think. She is from a richer family than his for sure. But nobody in the family knows about IOFS and its prospects, can you please shed some light into it. What is IOFS? What kind of future does it hold? how are the financial benefits?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
It's a stable service. It can grow (his rank can grow) with increasing national security demands. There's little or no scope for corruption, but higher ranked IOFS officers might get kickbacks from upstream contractors. Then increments (pay revisions) are a lot more frequent and generous than with state government services. There are a ton of perks and benefits and more importantly, social-security for the family.

I don't see why any upper middle-class girl would say no to somene from civil services. There's stability (not to be confused with stagnation), and social respect.

Adux

Country flag
Thankyou Tarun . Much appreciated

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Hmmm!! Age old system question!! Kya kaam karta hai, Kitna Kama leta hai ladka?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles