Hello

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Hi there, i`ve just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I`m a UK guy with a huge interest in all things India and a huge respect for the Indian military. I`m hoping to find out some thing i did`nt know and converse with like-minded people, all the best !!
welcome to DFI

bose

Country flag
Welcome to DFI !! and have nice time here...

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Hi there, i`ve just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I`m a UK guy with a huge interest in all things India and a huge respect for the Indian military. I`m hoping to find out some thing i did`nt know and converse with like-minded people, all the best !!
Welcome to DFI !

Voldemort

Country flag
Welcome! Are u of Indian origin or just take interest in Indian matters?

Colin4

Welcome! Are u of Indian origin or just take interest in Indian matters?
Hi Voldemort and thanks for the question. No i`m not of Indian origin, i`m half English half Scottish with a bit of Irish thrown in. I have a number of friends from India and Pakistan ( since school days ) and i think that`s where my interest in India comes from. My interest in the Indian military steems from a documentary i watched on British TV about the 1971 war and since then , i`ve read a great deal about the Indian military, it`s history and culture, and like i said in my intro` i have developed a great respect for it. I`m finding DFI pretty fascinating and have loads of questions for the future. All the best !!

Colin4

Yeah UK is no more a "white" country and today if someone say "I am from UK" it can be African,Indian,Bangladeshi,Paki,East Asian,East European etc.
Hi Rock127 and thanks. Yes you`re quite right, the UK is no longer the WASP/Celtic land it once was but i have no problem with that, in many ways immigration from India and elsewhere has enriched life in the UK and i have many great buddies from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh as a result. All the best !!

Voldemort

Country flag
Hi Voldemort and thanks for the question. No i`m not of Indian origin, i`m half English half Scottish with a bit of Irish thrown in. I have a number of friends from India and Pakistan ( since school days ) and i think that`s where my interest in India comes from. My interest in the Indian military steems from a documentary i watched on British TV about the 1971 war and since then , i`ve read a great deal about the Indian military, it`s history and culture, and like i said in my intro` i have developed a great respect for it. I`m finding DFI pretty fascinating and have loads of questions for the future. All the best !!
I see. Enjoy your time here. :)

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Yeah UK is no more a "white" country and today if someone say "I am from UK" it can be African,Indian,Bangladeshi,Paki,East Asian,East European etc.
Quite true but UK still has 85% white people.

bose

Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

Colin4

Many Thanks... I have happy memories of my stay in Manchester, UK for 2 years 2003 & 2004 while working for Co-Op Group one of the biggest retail group in Europe... Scotland's natural beauty is unparalleled such a beautiful place on earth...
Hi Bose and thanks. Manchester is a great city and i`m glad you enjoyed your stay there. I have cousins who live in Cheshire so i`m often there, visiting. Scotland is pretty beautiful too but as i`m half-Scots, this is causing me difficulties for next year`s cricket World cup...who do i support, England or Scotland?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles