Hello IDF

Rashna

Country flag
Thanks for the appreciation. I do freelance work online but i do stuff at my pace and convenience. Rushing around isn't my cup of tea. You live a rather interesting life, I think the more a person lives with himself or herself the more he or she realizes the value of stillness. Imagine if anyone has to write three paragraphs, that would take some stillness wouldn't it? Else these days yu gt smtg lk tat, or maybe even more coded (which i can't do at all), the new social media lingo thrives on monosyllables. :lol: I am jealous of those who can paint, because i think its an excellent way of expression. I can appreciate art and sing a bit, i like watching movies after reading reviews and i do not watch TV serials. I like not going out too. :p

@Rashna,

enjoying your posts.

Very intellectual and thought provoking.

What do you do for a living?

I write, cook, paint, drink beer, rarely go out, haven't seen a movie for ages in the theatre, and generally enjoy a retired life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thanks for the appreciation. I do freelance work online but i do stuff at my pace and convenience. Rushing around isn't my cup of tea. You live a rather interesting life, I think the more a person lives with himself or herself the more he or she realizes the value of stillness. Imagine if anyone has to write three paragraphs, that would take some stillness wouldn't it? Else these days yu gt smtg lk tat, or maybe even more coded (which i can't do at all), the new social media lingo thrives on monosyllables. :lol: I am jealous of those who can paint, because i think its an excellent way of expression. I can appreciate art and sing a bit, i like watching movies after reading reviews and i do not watch TV serials. I like not going out too. :p
Great. Freelance?

What field?

I used to military strategic and man management analysis for professional magazines. Now, I feel too tired since it requires a whole lot of time to research.

I find painting a way to relax, though my paintings are very 'wild'with imagined wild brush strokes and vibrant colours. And I am not a 'trained' artist either.

I also used to write poems, which have been published.

I have written humorous stories about my army life.

Some are here
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...m-mouthorgan-other-indian-army-stories-8.html

Now that I am in the twilight of my life, I am enjoying it in solitude and doing what I like.

I watch cookery shows and am a cook of sorts, though it irritates my wife when I give her 'tips'.

Life has been good to me and I live it my way these days.

No more getting ordered down the deck.

Guess what?

I have even sung in restaurants! Of course, in Allahabad in a place called Gaylords run by Lallubhai!

Those were the days when I was a youngster.

When I look back, I think I was a way out chap who should have been 'disciplined' to conform to rules and images that are associated with the Army.

But then, I am what I am.

No offence meant to anyone.

Last edited:

Rashna

Country flag
Knowledge process Industry. There are variety of things going on so can't pin pointed say its just this or that. Which war(s) did you fight in? Must be interesting to be part of a real war. Many men watch cookery shows because if you are a foodie then you are also interested in cookery. Its very normal. I watch them mainly for the techniques. Cooking is about technique, the best recipe will not work if your cooking technique is sloppy. If you watch a foreigner dumping 1 tablespoon of turmeric in curry and you go :scared2: then it drives home the point that the best cook can go wrong with unknown ingredients. So all these tips which get handed down come really handy.
You should share some poems of yours if you haven't already. That would be interesting. :thumb:
Great. Freelance?

What field?

I used to military strategic and man management analysis for professional magazines. Now, I feel too tired since it requires a whole lot of time to research.

I find painting a way to relax, though my paintings are very 'wild'with imagined wild brush strokes and vibrant colours. And I am not a 'trained' artist either.

I also used to write poems, which have been published.

I have written humorous stories about my army life.

Some are here
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...m-mouthorgan-other-indian-army-stories-8.html

Now that I am in the twilight of my life, I am enjoying it in solitude and doing what I like.

I watch cookery shows and am a cook of sorts, though it irritates my wife when I give her 'tips'.

Life has been good to me and I live it my way these days.

No more getting ordered down the deck.

Guess what?

I have even sung in restaurants! Of course, in Allahabad in a place called Gaylords run by Lallubhai!

Those were the days when I was a youngster.

When I look back, I think I was a way out chap who should have been 'disciplined' to conform to rules and images that are associated with the Army.

But then, I am what I am.

No offence meant to anyone.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Knowledge process Industry. There are variety of things going on so can't pin pointed say its just this or that. Which war(s) did you fight in? Must be interesting to be part of a real war. Many men watch cookery shows because if you are a foodie then you are also interested in cookery. Its very normal. I watch them mainly for the techniques. Cooking is about technique, the best recipe will not work if your cooking technique is sloppy. If you watch a foreigner dumping 1 tablespoon of turmeric in curry and you go :scared2: then it drives home the point that the best cook can go wrong with unknown ingredients. So all these tips which get handed down come really handy.
You should share some poems of yours if you haven't already. That would be interesting. :thumb:
Knowledge process Industry?

Way above my intelligence and pay grade. Have no idea what it is or what it signifies and what is the scope.

I have fought 1971, and undeclared war in Kargil (same place as later), CI ops and Kargil War again.

Interesting to fight a war? In some ways, but let me assure you that we hate wars and CI. Not worth it actually. All that brouhaha is for those who applaud and romanticise behind.

I am a foodie alright. But a small eater. I just like cooking and experimenting and buying gadgets that make cooking less cumbersome. My wife says I waste money and then she finds it her way to cook! ;)
She is like Khejriwal,right?;)

Fortunately she hates modern stuff including the computer and so she will never know I told you that. She also does not understand Khejriwal and would find it insulting that I compared her to him!

Yes, technique is the answer.

I saw a programme that wanted Tahina added. Catch getting Tahina in India, That is hulled sesame seeds. So just use Sesame seeds. It cannot be totally different, right?

I love Indian spices. Not for flavours, but great medicinal values.

I grow my own herbs and seasonal vegetables on the roof of my house. Believe it or not, they taste different.

As far as my poems, I have a book. I have asked my wife to fish it out. That way she is a marvel. I don't know what I would do without her.

Rashna

Country flag
Pardon my ignorance but what is CI ops?
I am a gadget freak too. To the extent that i think i may need 2 kitchens. :pound:
Tahini is available in India, depends on where you live.:p U can even get it online. And using sesame seeds and sesame paste is a lot different. Normally Tahini is used with hummus (chick pea paste). ( Maybe that's what u were making?)
You are lucky that you can grow your own stuff. Do you practice organic farming methods?
You will probably be a fish outside water without your wife. :scared2:

Knowledge process Industry?

Way above my intelligence and pay grade. Have no idea what it is or what it signifies and what is the scope.

I have fought 1971, and undeclared war in Kargil (same place as later), CI ops and Kargil War again.

Interesting to fight a war? In some ways, but let me assure you that we hate wars and CI. Not worth it actually. All that brouhaha is for those who applaud and romanticise behind.

I am a foodie alright. But a small eater. I just like cooking and experimenting and buying gadgets that make cooking less cumbersome. My wife says I waste money and then she finds it her way to cook! ;)
She is like Khejriwal,right?;)

Fortunately she hates modern stuff including the computer and so she will never know I told you that. She also does not understand Khejriwal and would find it insulting that I compared her to him!

Yes, technique is the answer.

I saw a programme that wanted Tahina added. Catch getting Tahina in India, That is hulled sesame seeds. So just use Sesame seeds. It cannot be totally different, right?

I love Indian spices. Not for flavours, but great medicinal values.

I grow my own herbs and seasonal vegetables on the roof of my house. Believe it or not, they taste different.

As far as my poems, I have a book. I have asked my wife to fish it out. That way she is a marvel. I don't know what I would do without her.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pardon my ignorance but what is CI ops?
I am a gadget freak too. To the extent that i think i may need 2 kitchens. :pound:
Tahini is available in India, depends on where you live.:p U can even get it online. And using sesame seeds and sesame paste is a lot different. Normally Tahini is used with hummus (chick pea paste). ( Maybe that's what u were making?)
You are lucky that you can grow your own stuff. Do you practice organic farming methods?
You will probably be a fish outside water without your wife. :scared2:
Yes humus is what got me going as far as Tahini is concerned. I think it was Chef Brar in Home Made on Khana Khazanaa late at night.

Yes, I am a beached fish floundering for dear life without my wife, I told you I am living an hermit life sanitised from the real world.

I am in organic farming on my roof. Very meagre, Right now, it is tomatoes, bhindis, karela, chillies, brinjal and lime.

The Dhania is over.

CI = Counter Insurgency or running after the terrorists.

Where can you get Tahini online?

Rashna

Country flag
thanks angeldude13. I tried the like button 5 times but something isn't working. :p

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Thanks a ton.

I will ask my daughter about PaisaPay.
Mr @Ray are you trying any Middle east/Mediterranean recipe ?

I just bought Mayonnaise and fresh vegetables to make salad !

Rashna

Country flag
You are welcome!

Paisa Pay is nothing but a kind of escrow. They pay the seller only after you confirm delivery. You just get verified after registration and you will be paisa pay verified. They verify by making a call on your registered mobile number. (automated). You have to just follow the instructions being given in the call and complete the verification. After verification you can pay through credit card, debit card, or online banking etc.

If you don't want to use Paisa Pay you can opt for COD at an extra cost of Rs.100

Alternatively i am giving u link for amazon india if u don't want this Paisa Pay biz.

Al Fez Tahini Dressing, 200ml: Amazon.in: Gourmet & Specialty Foods

Thanks a ton.

I will ask my daughter about PaisaPay.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

That is right.

I wanted to know what it is and how it tastes.

My wife had gone to my daughter and she found humus and couscous interesting.

I have tried couscous but am not enamoured.

Late at night, I think it was Brar on Khana Khazana and on a programme called HOME MADE mentioned it.

That is why I thought why not try it.

Brar said if you don't get Tahini, use plain til.

As far as Mayonnaise is concerned, I use bottled as also I make it on my own. You have to add the oil very carefully as the mixture spins in a mixi. Very gently.

Rashna

Country flag
Looks like many of you are good cooks. What dressing are you planning on making? Caesar?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You are welcome!

Paisa Pay is nothing but a kind of escrow. They pay the seller only after you confirm delivery. You just get verified after registration and you will be paisa pay verified. They verify by making a call on your registered mobile number. (automated). You have to just follow the instructions being given in the call and complete the verification. After verification you can pay through credit card, debit card, or online banking etc.

If you don't want to use Paisa Pay you can opt for COD at an extra cost of Rs.100

Alternatively i am giving u link for amazon india if u don't want this Paisa Pay biz.

Al Fez Tahini Dressing, 200ml: Amazon.in: Gourmet & Specialty Foods
Thanks a ton.

I don't like On line payments since I am very apprehensive of online theft of details. Never used it and will not.

I like COD no matter if it costs more.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Looks like many of you are good cooks. What dressing are you planning on making? Caesar?
It proves the point that this brouhaha of men being MCP by the cheese nibbling, champagne sipping AC drawing room class that you see on the TV shows that Indian men are MCPs are totally deluded and stupid!

No offence meant.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Not yet thought of it, suggestion needed in this regard.

I got fresh vegetables and also planning to buy fruits.

Rashna

Country flag
If you are planning to put fruits in it then russian salad is what u have in mind i think.

Note: The combination of vegetables can vary, and even fruit like apple and pineapple can be added.

Check out this recipe.
Russian Salad Recipe - NDTV Food

Not yet thought of it, suggestion needed in this regard.

I got fresh vegetables and also planning to buy fruits.

Rashna

Country flag
I completely understand your concern which is why i suggested COD.

You are right, and I am pleasantly surprised to see the foodies having a go at trying different cuisines. :thumb:

It proves the point that this brouhaha of men being MCP by the cheese nibbling, champagne sipping AC drawing room class that you see on the TV shows that Indian men are MCPs are totally deluded and stupid!

No offence meant.
Thanks a ton.

I don't like On line payments since I am very apprehensive of online theft of details. Never used it and will not.

I like COD no matter if it costs more.

prohumanity

Country flag
Welcome.

Just don't post stuff about feminism.
I agree with Rowdy.....Indian civilization doesn't believe in "GENDER WARS" Males and females are complimentary and should have mutual respect and interact with harmony. In Sanskrit, a sage once said "Yantre naryanti punjante...Ramante tatra devata" (where women are revered, Gods reside there)
DFI is a great forum to share ideas, opinions and insights. Warm welcome to the forum.