Hello from Suomi Finland and Lapland!

jouni

I came to this forum by change, but got immediately interested. It is rewarding to see world affairs through different eyes coming from other side of the world. I have a degree in architecture and I work in real estate development. I am currently developing shopping centers and ski resorts in Lapland. I am moderate in my political views. I believe in democratic civil society values. The reason is that when you have well developed democracy, society is based on trust: trust on police, trust on politics and trust to other fellow citizens. This trust removes the need for a "strong man" in the lead, that seems to be the trend in less democratic countries. I am quite open minded, for example I have been living for some time in Singapore and that country at that time (1997) was not in my opinion real democracy, but a "strong man" and I think it worked fine for them, but these cases are far and few between.

I like discussions where people try to see beyond obvious, try to find the hidden meanings behind things and not to just swallow everything by the spoon. I know very little about indian history, but I try to educate myself on that matter... so bear with me if I sometimes ask stupid questions.

With regards,
Jouni

Illusive

Country flag
@jouni

You introduce after a 100 posts:laugh:, anyway welcome aboard, your views in European politics is appreciated. This forum was getting too pro Russian, a counter balance is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Here's your welcome song

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

I came to this forum by change, but got immediately interested. It is rewarding to see world affairs through different eyes coming from other side of the world. I have a degree in architecture and I work in real estate development. I am currently developing shopping centers and ski resorts in Lapland. I am moderate in my political views. I believe in democratic civil society values. The reason is that when you have well developed democracy, society is based on trust: trust on police, trust on politics and trust to other fellow citizens. This trust removes the need for a "strong man" in the lead, that seems to be the trend in less democratic countries. I am quite open minded, for example I have been living for some time in Singapore and that country at that time (1997) was not in my opinion real democracy, but a "strong man" and I think it worked fine for them, but these cases are far and few between.

I like discussions where people try to see beyond obvious, try to find the hidden meanings behind things and not to just swallow everything by the spoon. I know very little about indian history, but I try to educate myself on that matter... so bear with me if I sometimes ask stupid questions.

With regards,
Jouni

follow my post for enlightenment of ur soul

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles