Hello everyone

urpflanze

Country flag
I stumbled across this forum through Google. A peek at a few of the trending posts assured me that I am in some polished company here. I don't do anything for a living. My mother left me some property in a bourgeois suburb of Bombay and the rental collections pretty much take care of my modest needs. Oh, but I do love to wrap my head around interesting things and, of course, feeding my little pigeon, whom I am also training to be my successor. Nice to meet you all.

urpflanze

Country flag
Since no one seems forthcoming, I might as well as say hello to myself. Welcome to IDF.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
welcome to the DFI

Maybe people are not on line because they are celebrating Diwali.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I stumbled across this forum through Google. A peek at a few of the trending posts assured me that I am in some polished company here. I don't do anything for a living. My mother left me some property in a bourgeois suburb of Bombay and the rental collections pretty much take care of my modest needs. Oh, but I do love to wrap my head around interesting things and, of course, feeding my little pigeon, whom I am also training to be my successor. Nice to meet you all.
Very Interesting Introduction .

Welcome to DFI .

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
By far the most quirkiest and interesting intro ever.

urpflanze

Country flag
Well, thanks all. I had to play a little trick to set the ball rolling :wave:

urpflanze

Country flag
Too many Nolan movies, dear Singh. :p I was referring to my deliberate misspelling of DFI ;)

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Sir.

Even though it is not my place to say this, I think you should be watchful of your pigeon. Recent studies have shown that most pigeons are a evil bastards (Here is a peer reviewed paper on the same). Unless you have raised this pigeon yourself, I would suggest you perform a quick background check to ensure that he/it is not a gold-digger who is in it only for the money.

Regards.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Too many Nolan movies, dear Singh. :p I was referring to my deliberate misspelling of DFI ;)
I missed that, you must be M Night Shyamalan ! Brilliant first attempt, and only downhill from there

urpflanze

Country flag
Welcome to the forum Sir.

Even though it is not my place to say this, I think you should be watchful of your pigeon. Recent studies have shown that most pigeons are a evil bastards (Here is a peer reviewed paper on the same). Unless you have raised this pigeon yourself, I would suggest you perform a quick background check to ensure that he/it is not a gold-digger who is in it only for the money.

Regards.
:lol:

:clap:

urpflanze

Country flag
I missed that, you must be M Night Shyamalan ! Brilliant first attempt, and only downhill from there
A witty reply indeed. I agree with you. But I think Shymalan is a better mood-setter than Nolan, although I don't watch much movies.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
What breed is the pigeon?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
That's an interesting page.

I liked this quote:

At the front, handlers used a few tricks to push the pigeons to make speedier flights. One was to withhold food until they returned. Hunger proved to be a powerful motivator, but jealousy and sex were even better. When a male pigeon saw his mate with another male that was introduced into the loft shortly before he left on a flight, his return was guaranteed to be faster.