Hatf V Ghauri missile test fails, parts fall on Pakistani village

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Photos show the metal pieces, now said to be parts of the Hatf-V Ghauri's motor, which fell on some villages in Sindh province's Dadu district on Wednesday night.—Dawn Photo

KARACHI: The mysterious metallic objects, which fell from the sky baffling villagers in Dadu late Wednesday night, were parts of Pakistan's Hatf V Ghauri missile, a spokesman for the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Friday.

"The metal parts found in a remote area of Dadu, as reported in media today, were part of the motor body, which separated from the missile as planned, well within the safety corridor," said a statement by the ISPR.

"It was ensured that at no point, would human life or property be at risk. There is no cause for alarm or concern," the spokesman concluded.

Pakistan conducted a test of the mid-range nuclear capable ballistic missile on Wednesday. The liquid-fuelled missile, capable of carrying both conventional as well as nuclear payload, has a range of 1300 kilometres.

Fear and bewilderment overtook some parts of Dadu district after the mysterious objects fell on a number of villages late on Wednesday, the Dawn newspaper had reported.

The biggest fragment weighing 187 kilograms fell on a ground in Allah Jurio Lund village, 30 kilometres from Dadu. Other pieces fell on Pir Mashaikh, Shehak Rodnani and Khandhani villages.

There were no injuries or damage to property.

Military authorities were reported to have taken possession of the "heavy pieces of engine and other metallic objects, believed to be splinters of a satellite or missile"
'Mysterious metal objects' in Dadu fell from Hatf V missile: ISPR | DAWN.COM

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
sayareakd;625791KARACHI: The mysterious metallic objects said:
"The metal parts found in a remote area of Dadu, as reported in media today, were part of the motor body, which separated from the missile as planned, well within the safety corridor," said a statement by the ISPR.
[/B]
"It was ensured that at no point, would human life or property be at risk. There is no cause for alarm or concern," the spokesman concluded.

Pakistan conducted a test of the mid-range nuclear capable ballistic missile on Wednesday. The liquid-fuelled missile, capable of carrying both conventional as well as nuclear payload, has a range of 1300 kilometres.

Fear and bewilderment overtook some parts of Dadu district after the mysterious objects fell on a number of villages late on Wednesday, the Dawn newspaper had reported.

The biggest fragment weighing 187 kilograms fell on a ground in Allah Jurio Lund village, 30 kilometres from Dadu. Other pieces fell on Pir Mashaikh, Shehak Rodnani and Khandhani villages.

Military authorities were reported to have taken possession of the "heavy pieces of engine and other metallic objects, believed to be splinters of a satellite or missile"

"safety corridor" looks like whole country is into it :rofl::rofl:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
BTW it is kind of funny that their own missile parts fell on their own countrymen.
I served as a military policeman at WSMR many years ago.

White Sands Missile Range

Test Center
Since the opening of the Range in 1945, White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) has preformed various tests on the effects, in flight behavior, and durability of missiles and rockets. Uniquely within the DoD, White Sands Missile Range controls a vast airspace across the range and beyond and maintains multiple impact sites making it ideal for testing.

List of Services and Facilities:

Rocket Launch Facilities
Rocket Motor Testing
Launch and Recovery
Flight Termination Testing
Propulsion Systems
Spin Test Facility
Solar Furnace Facility
Radiation Effects/Electromagnetic Environmental Effects
Thrust Stands
Vacuum Chamber

Many missile firings were entirely within the range itself, but there was a remote site for impacts in another state.

Captured V-2's were tested at WSMR after WWII. One landed in a cemetery in Ciudad Juarez.

Last edited:

Agnostic Muslim

"safety corridor" looks like whole country is into it :rofl::rofl:
Where did you obtain the missile test flight path information from?

I am not aware of any instance in which the flight path of a Pakistani missile in testing has been disclosed.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Where did you obtain the missile test flight path information from?

I am not aware of any instance in which the flight path of a Pakistani missile in testing has been disclosed.
On 06 April 1998 Pakistan conducted the first flight test of the Ghauri-I [Hatf-V] missile, which has a maximum range of 1,500 kilometers with a payload of 700 kilograms. The missile was reportedly launched from Malute, near the city of Jhelum in north-eastern Pakistan and impacted the target near the southwestern city of Quetta. The trajectory of the first Ghauri missile test was from Tilla Jogian, near Jehlum, to Taftan in Balochistan, a distance of close to 1100 kilometers. The missile climbed to a height of 350 kilometres, before it hit the planned target after a flight of 8 minutes.
Tilla Jogian / Malute [Malot] - Pakistan Special Weapons Facilities

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
KARACHI: The mysterious metallic objects, which fell from the sky baffling villagers in Dadu late Wednesday night, were parts of Pakistan's Hatf V Ghauri missile, a spokesman for the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Friday.

Military authorities were reported to have taken possession of the "heavy pieces of engine and other metallic objects, be

Agnostic Muslim

you have better flight plan, please enlighten us.
As I said, I am not aware of a single instance of Pakistan publicizing its the flight path of its missiles during testing, and I don't see how you can conclude that the flight path of this particular missile test did not include DADU.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
As I said, I am not aware of a single instance of Pakistan publicizing its the flight path of its missiles during testing, and I don't see how you can conclude that the flight path of this particular missile test did not include DADU.
looks like you dont pay attention, like we do. Ok wait i will show you something you might like.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Using satellite tech, anyone can know the launch site and te destination.
Add to that, India can easily track using its long range radars.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles