Hate Crime

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Read Your own post, they call theirselfs gay, and in the same time they feel bad when someone calls them... gay.

So I need to feel sorry for them, and I do not have right to criticize this or that related to their... circles? Freedom of speech indeed.
And no calling them gay is not wrong, but calling it in a way to make them feel bad is wrong.( I can give an anology for that but it will sound racist so i will leave you to speculate on it)

No one asked you to feel sorry for them, we are just asking you to not discriminate them.

Iamanidiot

I think of this as a prank gone wrong and this case is a powder keg with race,gender and sexuality undertones.This case smacks of being a political casuality of Gay politics.What Ravi did is despicable but what if Ravi was white would we have heared all this drama

Damian

No one asked you to feel sorry for them, we are just asking you to not discriminate them.
When did I discriminated them? :shocked:

I just can't understand why not discriminating them, I can't also make any constructive criticism of their community? I gave an example why people don't like them in general (but not discriminating them, this is a different thing), for example love parades, You seen how they look like?

Maybe some people like to see bunch of men with naked asses, kissing each other but in majority of population it will bring only disgust. And this is the real problem, and reason why homosexuals are in such situation, because these initiatives don't show them as normal people, but are rather shows of deviations and lack of any culture.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Unfortunately this case cascaded into a gay rights issue and culminated in nothing more than a revenge verdict. Homosexuals are targeted in many horrible ways, and this case outwardly appears to be this way, but if you look deeper into it, it isn't.

To establish a few facts....
  • The premise of the court case was that Dharun Ravi's actions DID NOT result in Tyler Clementi's death.
  • Dharun Ravi is an a$$hole
  • Dharun Ravi isn't a committed homophobe (as in his solidified beliefs of hating all gays)
  • Dharun Ravi is guilty of evidence tampering
  • Dharun Ravi is guilty of invasion of privacy

Let's first start with the issue of hate crimes. Legislation against hate crime were instituted in response to spates of horrible crimes perpetrated by people targeting victims with malicious intent, many of which resulted in murder. Merely brushing everything under the auspices of hate crimes actually diminishes the seriousness of hate crimes.

Texts from the new yorker article show that Dharun Ravi wasn't a committed homophobe who was out to get his roommate on account of his derision of homosexuality. The primary reason of Ravi's negative outlook was because Clementi was awkward and because Ravi mistakenly thought he was poor (and because Dharun Ravi is an a$$hole). Also part of his boasting had to do with his need to show off his technical prowess, his ability to rig the camera so that it could be accessed from outside.

As far as the actual bias against homosexuality which created the brouhaha... suddenly nobody seems to remember that virtually all incoming freshmen come pre programmed with biases... outward displays of homophobia among young hetrosexual males is ubiquitous. The prosecutors, the judge, the jurors and men in the general public all had similar attitudes when they were freshman (probably worse in their day). However this is what college is meant for... for kids to be exposed to an open environment (which they weren't before) so that they can learn tolerance and acceptance and individuality. Even Clementi who was obviously more open minded in his approach due to his own experience as a homosexual who had come out of the closet had made stereotypical comments (about Ravi being a FOB and parents owning a Dunkin Donuts etc). Again, not because he was a racist, but because kids do and say these things as part of popular culture. This is where there's a difference between immature juvenile behavior and what we consider "real" homophobia. IM exchanges between Dharun and his friends show that they were all involved in homophobic banter (his friends particularly Tan are clearly way more homophobic in their comments than Ravi). However this isn't because these kids are classically homophobes it is because that is what 18 year old immature kids do. Personally I feel that the nature and the intent of this crime would have been a lot different if Dharun were a senior as opposed to a freshman who hadn't even completed one semester of college.

As I said earlier, in the end this turned into a revenge case fueled by the liberal agenda (we are often outraged by insidious propaganda from the right, but overlook similar behavior from the left). Testimony from all his peers leaves no doubt that Dharun Ravi is an insufferable ass, however that does not mean he is a criminal of the highest order who perpetrated a hate crime.

*** As a side note, I am extremely concerned by the phenomenon of the increasing isolationist and elitist outlook of the upper middle class Asian and South Asian families. These kids have parents who make a lot of money and send them to great schools and give them fancy cars as teenagers and enforce this exclusivity/ class biased outlook. This is bad and should be addressed ASAP

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Maybe some people like to see bunch of men with naked asses, kissing each other but in majority of population it will bring only disgust. And this is the real problem, and reason why homosexuals are in such situation, because these initiatives don't show them as normal people, but are rather shows of deviations and lack of any culture.
Have you ever actually been around the gay community? Homosexuals in the US have a higher level of education and (although this is highly contested due to political correctness) probably have a higher level of income and a higher standard of living- which are heavily correlated to levels of education. Gays also clearly have an overwhelming presence in the arts, literature, humanities and all other forms of refined cultural activities. Ironically Tyler Clementi too was a highly talented, culturally sophisticated guy compared to Dharun Ravi who had nothing but his head up his own ass.

Gay pride parades are meant to be absurd because they are reactionary displays to the "moral condemnation" and stereotyping by the general populace.

addiction

No difference between US and Saudi Arabia as far as laws are concerned!!!..I thought US is a democratic country but guess its a BS country with such a nakxd laws protecting so called privacy of sick community at the cost of life/career of a young man! As Baba Ramdev called homosexuality a disease and can be cured by Yoga "¦.AND not by imprisoning young men to protect their so called dignity"¦

I think Ajmal Kasab is luckier than Ravi that he is undergoing a trial in India for last more than one year even after having an eye witnesses that he killed/participated in killing of hundreds of innocent people

Another side of my views, I completely agree that homosexual behaviour has existed for thousands and thousands of years but I am against legalizing it which could endanger natural birth of human being"¦.

We learn so much from nature; have you seen, a dog or a lion or an elephant having a permanent homo sexual partner?

My advice, enjoy your taste but don't ever try to make others accept it as a taste of society"¦

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
When did I discriminated them? :shocked:
No i meant the general society as whole not you in particular

I just can't understand why not discriminating them, I can't also make any constructive criticism of their community? I gave an example why people don't like them in general (but not discriminating them, this is a different thing), for example love parades, You seen how they look like?
This is valid, you can criticise them the way you criticise the general population. But criticising them for just being gay is just Racist and Stupid.

:lol::lol: What are you talking about, Do you have any problem in seeing nude women patrolling the streets? If not, then this should pose no problem to you. You can always close the doors and sleep inside:taunt:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles