Harbin-Dalian High Speed Train Starts Operation Today

cir

Jinshan Rail - aka Metro Line 22 - Shanghai's first commuter rail - length 56km - ticket costing 10 yuan ($1.6)one way opened 28.09.2012:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
In chinese term is 10 yuan less/affordable by middle-lower middle class ??

This Railway station looks like Airport . are most of HSR railway stations in china are so huge

Last edited:

cir

In chinese term is 10 yuan less/affordable by middle-lower middle class ??
It is not a question for which there is easy answer。

Shanghai's per capita GDP is estimated at some 93000 yuan in 2012.

A migrant labourer working on a construction site earns about 3000 yuan a month,plus free food and lodging。

You are considered a member of the low-income group if your monthly salary is less than 5000 yuan。

If you have a reasonably nice job,you are likely to earn 5000-10000 yuan a month aged between 25 and 30,10000-15000 between 30 and 35,20000-25000 35+。

cir

For those who laps up the safety issue of China's railways::rofl:

China: one death per 55.3 billion passenger-km.
Japan: one death per 51.4 billion passenger-km.
EU: one death per 12.8 billion passenger-km
India: one death per 6.6 billion passenger-km
US: one death per 3.4 billion passenger-km

Comparative Rail Safety | Pedestrian Observations:
Comparative Rail Safety | Pedestrian Observations

Kesang

Really nice photo cir.:thumb:

thanks for sharing.

badguy2000

Respected Member
such a high-speed train looks like good...

however,we must remember that it is train in dictatorship country called China,where common Chinese stlll are fed on grass and only 300K of 1.4 billion CHInese can afford Coca Cola.

Above all, Highspeed Train in autocractic CHina can not be better than trains in democratic India.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
[

Shown earlier.

Give some new photos.

Also how will the luggage larger than that which can be carried in the luggage rack be taken on board?

As a tourist we will have more that just a handbag and so the question.
Have you ever taken plane? it is the same procedure, we allow a travel case (not only handbag) of 60*35*35 or total 130 cm carry on luggage, bigger than that, you have to check in, but as most all flight companies do, there is an over dimension rack at the entrance of each wagon, if you did not pay attention and the carry on of you cannot be put in the overhead, you can save it there.

These are basket ball players, see how they fit in HSR with their luggage:
check in

Yi Jianlian, our national team center

Last edited:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sun Yang and Ye Shiwen ( the girl who is reading from an iPad on left) in HSR from Beijing to Hangzhou
They are Olympic Champions, Sun Yang is 192 cm, Ye Shiwen around 180.
They fit in very comfortably in the seats.

badguy2000

Respected Member
For those who laps up the safety issue of China's railways::rofl:

China: one death per 55.3 billion passenger-km.
Japan: one death per 51.4 billion passenger-km.
EU: one death per 12.8 billion passenger-km
India: one death per 6.6 billion passenger-km
US: one death per 3.4 billion passenger-km

Comparative Rail Safety | Pedestrian Observations:
Comparative Rail Safety | Pedestrian Observations
those who died of railway accidents in CHina are victims of Chinese autocratic accidents.

Those who died of railway accidents in India are victims of Indian democratic accidents.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Have you ever taken plane? it is the same procedure, we allow a travel case (not only handbag) of 60*35*35 or total 130 cm carry on luggage, bigger than that, you have to check in, but as most all flight companies do, there is an over dimension rack at the entrance of each wagon, if you did not pay attention and the carry on of you cannot be put in the overhead, you can save it there.

These are basket ball players, see how they fit in HSR with their luggage:
check in
Thanks.

My congratulations to the Chinese railways for such excellent travel facilities which is so evident from the photos you are presenting.

Yes I have been on a commercial aircraft many times and have also had a dedicated helicopter.

Are those cushioned seats (in the compartment which has an armchair [that is real great too and reminds me of the olden days of the Indian railways where 1st class had these armchairs]) first class (upper class)?

The aisle in between the two line of berths appears to be a bit narrow.

Last edited:

cir

Sun Yang and Ye Shiwen ( the girl who is reading from an iPad on left) in HSR from Beijing to Hangzhou
They are Olympic Champions, Sun Yang is 192 cm, Ye Shiwen around 180.
They fit in very comfortably in the seats.
Minor correction:Sun Yang is 198cm tall。

singa

Badguy, are you crazy? I am been to China many times. Don't fool me here.

those who died of railway accidents in CHina are victims of Chinese autocratic accidents.

Those who died of railway accidents in India are victims of Indian democratic accidents.

cir

From China Daily:

By December 2012 HSR operation rail is almost 10,000 KM long, more than half length of the "National Long Term HSR Plan". 3/4 of major cities are connected by HSR. HSR passenger traffic volume is 1/4 of total railway volume.

See how much time HSR travel can save
http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/a716fd45jw1dzblxf4s6ej.jpg

amoy

Think abt building and operating HSR under -40~ -30c in the winter across Manchuria. During WW2 Japanese eradicated guerrillas in Manchuria in years as there was no supply but snow, endless snowlands. Even Kim Il Sung had to flee to Soviet Union.

I'm curious, even back in my hometown down south, stewardesses on HSR are mostly from the Northeast (Manchuria), tall, pretty in their frocks and speak perfect Mandarin. :cheer2:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All said and done, it is a fantastic train.

The first class could have wider leg space, but then they also have an armchair, which is superb.

Well done, China.

I wish the stewardesses were not dressed in western mode but in the beautiful breathtaking traditional Chinese dress

Last edited:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
All said and done, it is a fantastic train.

The first class could have wider leg space, but then they also have an armchair, which is superb.

Well done, China.

I wish the stewardesses were not dressed in western mode but in the beautiful breathtaking traditional Chinese dress

They need to lift an 20 lb luggage case for an old short lady to the overhead compartment and crouching down to reach something under seat. This is not a highschool prom or an evening gala, they are stewardesses.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Think abt building and operating HSR under -40~ -30c in the winter across Manchuria. During WW2 Japanese eradicated guerrillas in Manchuria in years as there was no supply but snow, endless snowlands. Even Kim Il Sung had to flee to Soviet Union.

I'm curious, even back in my hometown down south, stewardesses on HSR are mostly from the Northeast (Manchuria), tall, pretty in their frocks and speak perfect Mandarin. :cheer2:

Good observation, the main reason is professional training, the colleges and associate programs for passenger administration all recruit their students from North East, even you go to Hainan, you heard them talking in North East Dialect. Manchuria should be abolished as a colonial term, I never used this word except in discussions related to history.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles