Harbhajan Singh robbed on road, car damaged

bhramos

Country flag
Star cricketer Harbhajan Singh on Monday lost his passport, credit cards and driving license as a group of thieves broke open his car which was also badly damaged at a place near Karnal.(sevenoya)

Harbhajan and his friend were coming to Delhi by car in the evening when the incident happened at a place called Madhuban, near Karnal.

"Me and my fiend got down to get some coffee at a Cafe Coffee Day outlet near Madhuban Police Academy. I had locked my car (a Ford Endeavour) and had gone to get some coffee. I came back within five minutes and saw that window pane of my car was smashed and a bag containing all the valuable items was not there," Harbhajan said.

"More importantly, I have lost my passport, driving license along with 10 credit cards," he added.

He said he has lodged a police complaint and freezed the credit card.

"I have frozen my credit cards but losing my passport has been a big headache. Although I have filed a complaint with the police. My appeal to whoever has done this is to at least return my passport and driving license," the senior cricketer who is now nursing an injury said.
Harbhajan Singh robbed on road, car damaged - The Times of India

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
In italy, people never leave their stuff in the car. If some burglar sees some stuff then the car is game for him to brake open and steal stuff.

Moral of the story: Never leave your stuff behind even if it is not valuable.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
He himself being the S.P. of patiala is not able to gaurd his own things and if this the situation then think about Aam-admi in this country.......... :frusty::frusty::frusty::mad2:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
My Parents always accompany me whenever in come back home from overseas. Though i always insist that it shouldn't be a problem hiring a taxi from New Delhi airport to Punjab, but they are always full of new stories of such kind of burglaries. Not only the burglaries i have heard but people been physically harmed or even killed by these bastards on G.T. road. One has to very careful, not to stop at unknown substandard places, travel during day time if possible, keep your valuable with you all the time (like passports in a hand held bag), have a known driver hired locally and have attendants/family members with you.

SpArK

SORCERER
Sad incident.

Would be hard for the guy especially when he is having a bad phase @ career.

Hoping atleast the passport gets back to him somehow, unless the thief's want to keep as a memorabilia.

hit&run

Mod
Sad incident.

Would be hard for the guy especially when he is having a bad phase @ career.

Hoping atleast the passport gets back to him somehow, unless the thief's want to keep as a memorabilia.
Passport sells for 1 lakh to 5 lakh. I don't know what they do but still its a highly paid item in chor bazaar.

bhramos

Country flag
Passport sells for 1 lakh to 5 lakh. I don't know what they do but still its a highly paid item in chor bazaar.
may be they sell it to Illegal immigrants from Pak, as it is easy to come in with less or without Checking into India by Indians...

hit&run

Mod
may be they sell it to Illegal immigrants from Pak, as it is easy to come in with less or without Checking into India by Indians...
Yes its possible, they do try to copy, copy visa stickers, study water mark etc. Just two days back two Pakistanis (those who think India is not a better place and Indians suffer from inferiority complex with Pakistan) are held with duplicate passports and DLs in New Delhi.

Harbhajan been to plenty of countries would have many sticker on his passports so quite a paying theft that may be.

Entering borders with duplicate passport is not possible i think, but they use to access many other facilities, documents, bank loans, house on rent with such identifications.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why was he carrying his passport along with him? Fellow earns so much money and still needs 10 credit cards!!

Sad incident though. Nothing is going right for him in this phase of his career.

pmaitra

He himself being the S.P. of patiala is not able to gaurd his own things and if this the situation then think about Aam-admi in this country.......... :frusty::frusty::frusty::mad2:
LOL, yeah, that is funny indeed.

This happened in my hometown. The police needed a police station, so they rented the lower floor of the two storied building. The upper floor was, as usual, occupied by the landlord and his family. Guess what happened? The upper floor got burgled :pound: and the few constables in the lower floor had no idea what happened. Actually, it emerged later, that they had used some kind of sleeping spray and then broke into the upper floor. Luckily, no weapons were stolen. The burglars only took gold jewelry from the landlord's safe.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Haryana Police on Tuesday recovered international cricketer Harbhajan Singh's bag which was stolen from his SUV outside a popular cafe on National High No.1 (NH-1) Monday evening here.

The bag was found abandoned in an open area in Sector 13 of Karnal and the police recovered it after someone informed about it, a police official said.

Police officials said that Harbhajan Singh's passport and other documents, including ATM and credit cards, were found inside the recovered bag. However, nearly Rs.9,500 in cash were missing.

Some unidentified thieves broke into Harbhajan's Ford Endeavour (SUV) by smashing the window-pane of the rear door on the busy NH-1 Monday. The break-in took place around 6 p.m. outside Cafe Coffee Day outlet at Madhuban near Karnal.

The cricketer immediately called the police for help and later left after filing a complaint about the theft from his vehicle.

Incidentally, Harbhajan is himself employed as a deputy superintendent (DSP) with Punjab Police. He was driving to New Delhi from Chandigarh with his friend when the incident happened.

The cricketer told the police that he along with his friend had gone inside the cafe for just over five minutes and when they returned to their SUV, the vehicle had been broken into and the bag was missing.

Harbhajan was scheduled to fly to Dubai Tuesday but was unable to do so after he lost his passport and other documents.

The cricketer was recently dropped from the Indian Test and ODI sides owing to his poor form.

Harbhajan Singh's stolen bag recovered | Deccan Chronicle

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Lucky Harbs to recover something!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles