Happy Rakhi DFI !!

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I wish a very happy Raksha-Bandhan to all the brothers and sister in DFI !!

A day in which we Indians celebrate the love and affection of a sister for her brother and of a brother for her sister !

Sister ties a knot that we call Rakhi on her brother's wrist to express her love for him, and in return her brother promises her to save her from all problems and misfortunes.

So enjoy the day ! :) :hug:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ why is it a brothers duty to save her sister ? can't the sister save herself ? This is misogyny !!

If you are a true man, you''ll never celebrate Rakhi :troll:

PS: Y'all know why Indians don't like them Rakhis.

Blackwater

what a foolish culture and festival . i have seen at least in north India, no brother and sister talk properly after they got married lolllllllllllllll

they hate each other:taunt::taunt::taunt:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ Brother and sister marrying makes things awkward, no ? :troll:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In our part of the country, we celebrate Bhai Phota (Brüder Pünktchen) when the sister prays for her brother's safety, success and well being.

This event is ceremoniously performed by the loving sister who religiously fasts the entire morning until she applies a 'phonta' of sandal wood paste on her brother's forehead, pray for his safety and offer him sweets and gifts. The brother also eagerly waits for his sister to apply the 'phonta' and in turn lavishes her with love and gifts.

These days we also celebrate Rakhi since India has become a cauldron of cultures that have intermingled. Unknown wedding customs like 'Ladies Sangeet' (which I found in Punjab is an excuse for the men to drink themselves silly without the nagging of the wives), mehendi ceremony etc have also crept in, adding to expenses that could be better utilised in whatever are the customary festivals.

One has to attend a Sardar's wedding to realise the lavish display of wealth! ;) I have attended quite a few and they are a riot with burly Sardars doing the bhangra when they like and where they like (like stopping the bus in the middle of the street and jumping out to do the bhangra and then jumping back and so on) and then the twirling of money over the head in a ceremony I think is called Milni.

and the food - tables and tables of it.

I waited till the end to see the waste. Most of it went waste since the men were to drunk to even eat it.

My Sardar friends love to invite me so that I see all this and they love my being discomfited. When I declined to attend for one such wedding, the chap sent me an airline ticket!

How they love to torture me! ;) :pound:

I love the Sardars since they are lovable like a Giant Panda and they look like angry Grizzly Bears! No offence meant. They are the nicest and cutest of all chaps.

The Sikhnis are the best!

There is a rude saying they themselves say which starts - Jo sohnio Sikhni, te.........

Last edited:

ani82v

Country flag
what a foolish culture and festival . i have seen at least in north India, no brother and sister talk properly after they got married lolllllllllllllll

they hate each other:taunt::taunt::taunt:
Yes, nothing works the way it was intended to be. Since, everything is so depressing why not commit mass suicides. :tsk: Anyone?

ani82v

Country flag
Best thought you can come up with on this day! :tsk:

Why don't you just go ahead and marry your sister? Nothing awkward, right?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In certain communities you can marry your female cousin!

There is nothing awkward in that with them.

Blackwater

Yes, nothing works the way it was intended to be. Since, everything is so depressing why not commit mass suicides. :tsk: Anyone?

In certain communities you can marry your female cousin!

You fools...:mad::mad::mad: iam taking about ,when sister married somewhere else not with their brothers.

After marriage when brother and sister settled in their own respective family ,They dont talk to each other and property claim fight and jealousy of money and good job and kids and so on..

:tsk::tsk:

ani82v

Country flag
^^ why is it a brothers duty to save her sister ? can't the sister save herself ? This is misogyny !!

If you are a true man, you''ll never celebrate Rakhi :troll:

PS: Y'all know why Indians don't like them Rakhis.
You just had to type something.... don't you?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

You just had to type something.... don't you?
Oh c'mon lighten up you old fart. I am having fun. Don't see a conspiracy in everything.

I don't know about down south but Rakshabandhan is a hated custom for young guys. And usually most guys take a leave on Rakhi from schools, colleges, work etc.

Badi gandi KLPD hoti hai jab jis ladki pe crush ho woh rakhi baande

==

Blackwater;547724[B said:
You fools[/B]...:mad::mad::mad: iam taking about ,when sister married somewhere else not with their brothers.

After marriage when brother and sister settled in their own respective family ,They dont talk to each other and property claim fight and jealousy of money and good job and kids and so on..

:tsk::tsk:
Only having you fun with you paaji. BTW this only happens in Punjabi families, rest won't know what you talking about.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles