Happy New Year 2015 to all DFItes

ladder

Country flag
Happy New Years to all Members and Guests (Lurkers).

Reactions: Neo

Akim

Professional
Country flag
All members of the DFI happy New Year!

pkroyal

Attended the New Year Party at SSOI ( SWC) at Jaipur last night.
A few observations :-

Too few chairs ( gathering of more than a thousand)
Tambola anchors were out of sync with bad language( grammatically) & faulty diction.In fact they contributed in ruining the show ( why tambola on New year eve?)
Dance floor was packed, but the music was only " for govindas or salman types" ( no good English numbers were played)
No party games.
No DJ or anchor to pump up the party.
Food hygienic & reasonable but layout unimaginative & resembled a "langar" setting

Overall 4 on 10
Are we losing it or have already lost the plot.

Army parties specially the May Queen ball & New Year eve Parties were the most awaited events in peace stations!
Not very high on expense but full of well dressed people( with a dash of glamour), making good conversation, enjoying their dance & drink & above all very high on creativity & imagination.

Now cholle bhature,plastic glasses,disposable plates, getting sloshed,bad music & abusing in the vernacular in public seems to dominate these do's!

@Ray sir , your views on this please ( for self &family,yesterday was akin to a nightmare, we did turn in early shell shocked, as we were attending an Army club do in about a decade)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Attended the New Year Party at SSOI ( SWC) at Jaipur last night.
A few observations :-

Too few chairs ( gathering of more than a thousand)
Tambola anchors were out of sync with bad language( grammatically) & faulty diction.In fact they contributed in ruining the show ( why tambola on New year eve?)
Dance floor was packed, but the music was only " for govindas or salman types" ( no good English numbers were played)
No party games.
No DJ or anchor to pump up the party.
Food hygienic & reasonable but layout unimaginative & resembled a "langar" setting

Overall 4 on 10
Are we losing it or have already lost the plot.

Army parties specially the May Queen ball & New Year eve Parties were the most awaited events in peace stations!
Not very high on expense but full of well dressed people( with a dash of glamour), making good conversation, enjoying their dance & drink & above all very high on creativity & imagination.

Now cholle bhature,plastic glasses,disposable plates, getting sloshed,bad music & abusing in the vernacular in public seems to dominate these do's!

@Ray sir , your views on this please ( for self &family,yesterday was akin to a nightmare, we did turn in early shell shocked, as we were attending an Army club do in about a decade)
I could tell you the reason, but then I would be blamed for being old school.

You have to have class to understand how to conduct and that is missing.

Most think loud music, monkeying around the floor kicking the next chap and flailing the hands all over as if the place belongs to them alone is what is class and dancing.

Too much of egalitarianism is what is causing the problems where one fails to understand how an officer should conduct himself in public.

I would prefer the vernacular than have my ears assailed with pidgin English.

Getting sloshed in my days would be hauled up to the CO next day and given a confidential letter and recorded in the ACR which would have grave consequences for promotions.

It does not matter what strata of society that the officers come from, but it is the grooming in the unit that matters.

But are there folks who have the class to groom the youngsters these days?

I avoid these 'dos'.

That is why I went off on a trip to the Sunderbans. The animals there were of class. ;)

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Here in Brazil isnt midnight yet. It lacks one hour to new year, but some fireworks are being launched.
I will start the new year working. What it could mean? That the coming year will be hard for me? :whip: Or that the coming year will bring much money for me? :wof:
@Neo;

A Happy New Year to all.
Happy new year DFItes
Happy New Year !!
Here's wishing all members of the DFI Family a Happy and Prosperous 2015.

:)
@NSG_Blackcats

Wishing All the members of DFI a HAPPY, Peaceful and prosperous NEW YEAR 2015.[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year everyone!! Enjoy!
Happy New Year !! to all DFI brothers. May this year brings all the desired success and happiness in your life that you can cherish always. Wishing you all a successful and prosperous 2015. Have fun :)
Back from ppppaaaarrrttyyy!!!

Happy Neeeeeeeeeeeeew Year!!!!!!!!!
Very Happy New Year To All ..
@Blackwater

@DingDong

Feliz Ano Novo to ALL on dfi and to fellow portuguese speaking IBSA in Brasil -
hey youre probably the last guy to get to the new year celebrations and also the one
to enjoy it to the last moment eh ?

Anyway, my contribution is a variation on greeting i read on an indian newspaper
but im adding some well-known players :-

overheard recently ;- Namo wishing Nawas Shariff a "Phosphorus" New Year !

IBSA

Country flag
Feliz Ano Novo to ALL on dfi and to fellow portuguese speaking IBSA in Brasil -
hey youre probably the last guy to get to the new year celebrations and also the one
to enjoy it to the last moment eh ?
Feliz Ano Novo

Happy New Year for all DFItes

I think the lasts to celebrate new year were DFItes from USA or Canada, since these countries are earlier of Greenwich Meridian than Brazil.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles