Happy Independence Day India

advaita

Happy I Day to everybody.

" Let noble thoughts come to us from all directions"

" Let us live in harmony, let us share the harvest
let our thoughts and deeds create synergy
to illuminate the Globe." ( R.G ).

IBM

Jai Hind. Sare jahan se acha Hindustan hamara..........

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
First woman judge to hoist national tricolour in Madurai

The Madras High Court Judge Chitra Venkataraman on Saturday earned the rare honour of being the first woman judge to hoist the national flag during the Independence Day celebrations on the Madurai Bench premises.

She also garlanded a life-size statue of Mahatma Gandhi and took the guard of honour from the Armed Reserve Police personnel even as scores of students from nearby schools looked up to her and other judges for inspiration.

Ms. Justice Venkataraman was also the first judge to hoist the tricolour in a traditional Indian dress appropriate to the occasion. She wore a cotton sari sans the colonial waist coast usually worn by woman judges.

Judges P. Murgesen, A. Selvam, R.S. Ramanathan, C.S. Karnan, T.S. Sivagnanam and M. Duraiswamy participated in the function also attended by law officers, advocates, court staff and their family members.

A blood donation camp was organised in the High Court dispensary by the Government Rajaji Hospital here, followed by cultural programmes by the children of court staff and lawyers practising in the Bench.

The cultural programmes were conducted in the portico of the Bench as the inauguration of a meeting hall, which was airconditioned recently, by the Chief Justice of India K.G. Balakrishnan on July 25, had been postponed.

The High Court judges in Chennai are deputed in batches to the Madurai Bench every two months. It has been a practice in the Bench since its inception in July 2004 to request the senior most among them to hoist the national flag.

First woman judge to hoist national tricolour in Madurai @ The Hindu

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian expats celebrate Independence Day
Ghazanfar Ali Khan & K.S. Ramkumar | Arab News

RIYADH/JEDDAH: Indian expatriates across Saudi Arabia joined their compatriots in India and other overseas places on Saturday to celebrate their country’s 63rd Independence Day with great enthusiasm.

In Riyadh, Ambassador M.O.H. Farook unfurled the national flag and read Indian President Pratibha Patil’s message, while in Jeddah acting Consul General B.S. Mubarak raised the national flag and read the president’s address. Students of International Indian Schools in Riyadh and Jeddah presented patriotic songs at the two ceremonies.

Farook highlighted the progressively growing Saudi-India relations with special reference to the issues confronting the globe on which the two countries shared identical views. He stressed the need to make India a stronger and stable nation, while tackling the issues concerning security. Rajeev Shahare, deputy chief of the Indian mission, and diplomats were among those present. The ambassador hosted a reception at the IISR Girls Section.

Consulate officers and staff, and members of the community were present at the ceremony held at the consulate in Jeddah. At the ceremony held at IISJ, its Managing Committee Chairman Salah Kardan, accompanied by MC member Saeed S. Sayed and Principal M. Ayub Shaikh, unfurled the national flag.

Patil said in her message that she was confident that the nation would move forward to become an exemplary democracy, an economic power and a progressive society. “If we have to progress, communal harmony is important,” she said. “Peaceful coexistence is inherent in our culture. Terrorism, which targets innocent people, is the very antithesis of peaceful coexistence. It is condemnable because it is against the tenets of every religion and faith. It must be defeated in the interest of the collective goal of humankind to build peaceful societies and a peaceful world. We need to work together toward this end as humankind shares a common destiny,” the president added.

Echoing the president’s sentiments, both Farook and Mubarak called on the community to face challenges and work toward ensuring a comprehensive, integrated system of social justice and security.

Indian expats celebrate Independence Day

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Happy Independance Day

PS: I met my wife on this day. I lost :D

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
many happy return ...jai hind ... keep that population goin

Rage

DFI TEAM
On the occasion of Hindostaani Independence, some patriotic songs:

YouTube - Happy independence day to India

YouTube - MERE WATAN HINDUSTAN - A Patriotic Song Presented On Eve Of India's Independence Day, 2009.

YouTube - independence day ajab india gazab india

Patriotism- Hyderabaadi style :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vipyJsbPIPM

YouTube - Vande Mataram Bharat humko jaan se pyaara Video Remix

YouTube - Indias 60th Independence

(Don't forget to catch the remade version of the 'Vande Mataram' from 4:50 onwards on that last video)

Dayamn! I love this country!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles