Happy Chinese New year!

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, my new year vacation last one week,so I still had 4 days long vacation after I finish visiting relatives.
thus,My wife and I decided to start a 500-KM-long driving jouney yesterday
here is the route-map. We passed through 8 Counties,and returned to Ganzhou this afternoon
now.I have only 2 holidays left(Feb,20th-21th ).

the signalboard of " The County of Generals"
It was photoed in County Xingguo ,known for the birthcounty of 200+ PRC-founding PLA Generals

Temple Dasheng(大圣寺),a Buddhism Temple in County Xingguo

Cuiwei Mount.in County Ningdu. It was once a hide-out of bandits,but now is a senic spot.

One Agriculture Park in County Ruijin. I am glad that the boy learnt how crops grow by visiting here.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
however, We canceled the plan to visit the main desitination, Guanzhai Mount.(冠豸山),simply because we failed to book the hotel there.
the smartphone APP shows that all hotelroom had been ouccpies or booked already.
the price of one hotelroom there was 400-500RMB(70-80USD)/day before the new-year vacation,but now is 1638RMB(270USD)/day,due to the holiday rush.

Guanzhai Mount.(冠豸山)

badguy2000

Respected Member
New year vacation is ending today.
Now,it is time for crazist traffic jam on the earth-----Vacation rush back to cities.

this time, the craziest traffic jam happened in Hainan island.thousands of cars and other autos are being jammed in Haihou city,the capital of Hainan province,because the seaports there has been shut due to the bad climate.
the terrible jam has lasted 2 days .many drivers have to stay in cars for 26 hours.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
some people have to have dinners and sleep aside the cars.

And local government prepares free food,water and blankets for the poor guys jammed on roads.

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, the new-year vacation is over,I have come back to my office for job.....

it is the first working day in the new year.....and give the first photos from my office in the new year.

And the first bill for check has been sent to me by the kindergarte by wechat.
it is the bill for half-year tuition and fees . it is about 600USD(3720RMB) altogether.
in fact ,including other tutions, I have to spend 25-35K RMB(about 4-6K USD) on all kinds of tuitions and fees for my 5-year-old kid every year.

so,
guys,let's work hard in the new year.....just for a better future of our kids.
that is all for the thread.

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I am highly impressed the way chinese have promoted their tradition rather than making statements. Unlike in India where the political masters have no interest in the development of the country.

rockdog

Country flag
well, the new-year vacation is over,I have come back to my office for job.....

it is the first working day in the new year.....and give the first photos from my office in the new year.
Wish you 开门大吉!

It's also my first working day; but in fact i just arrived home 4 am this morning, was jammed in high way for last 36 hours from Chengdu to Wuhan... :bplease:

jon jon jon

Country flag
Wish you 开门大吉!

It's also my first working day; but in fact i just arrived home 4 am this morning, was jammed in high way for last 36 hours from Chengdu to Wuhan... :bplease:
Made the mistake of going to Penang for the holidays. Came back to Kuala Lumpur 2 days ago after being stucked in traffic from Penang to KL for 14 hours. Normally it's only 5 hours drive. Not so bad if compared to you guys in China.

My colleague in South Korea said he was caught in a 15 hours crawl on the post lunar new year rush back to Seoul.

Peow!!....am I glad it is all over for the year.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Made the mistake of going to Penang for the holidays. Came back to Kuala Lumpur 2 days ago after being stucked in traffic from Penang to KL for 14 hours. Normally it's only 5 hours drive. Not so bad if compared to you guys in China.

My colleague in South Korea said he was caught in a 15 hours crawl on the post lunar new year rush back to Seoul.

Peow!!....am I glad it is all over for the year.
Wuhan is 1000+ km away from chengdu.that is as distant as one from Mardrid to rome

jon jon jon

Country flag
It seems China, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia and Korea always have this "rush" every lunar new year. It's part of life here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
t_co Happy Chinese New Year! China 7
Ray Happy New Year to Chinese posters Introductions & Announcements 3
badguy2000 happy chinese new year! China 11
Ray Happy Chinese New Year 2013 China 33