Happy Chhath Puja

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Three day Chhath Puja begins from today. Taking this opportunity to wish Chhath Puja Vartis and their families A Very Happy and fulfilling Chhath Puja. May Chhath Maiya fulfill all your wishes.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
Happy Chat puja to all. One of my favourite festival. :thumb:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Happy Chhath Pooja to all DFI members !! :)

pmaitra

Happy Chhath Pooja to all DFI members and visitors!

Rahul Singh

Country flag
happy chhat puja guys.

do share with us more about these festivities.
This is four day puja.

1st day - Woman take bath in nearest river, bring back holy water and wash their home. Vaishnav Food is prepared for Vrati. Vrati can eat only one meal and serving.

2nd day- This is called Kharna and on this day Kull Devta is worshiped and offered seasonal vegetables, fruits, Jaggery Rice Kheer (rice pudding). Vrati fast all day and only eat prashad after completion of evening puja.

3rd day - On this day Vrati offer Aark( (seasonal fruits, vegetables, Wheat flour + Jaggery+ Ghee mixed fried cookies, ghee lamps) to setting sun by standing at river banks. Vrati fast all day, can't even drink water.

4th day- Same as 3rd day, only difference is that Aark is offered to rising sun. And puja concludes. Fasting ends.

Chhath Puja is basically 'Sun Worshiping' which is distributed to four days in order to perform in detail because it is very fulfilling. Thousand many stories to listen. So amazing that even muslim perform for wellness of their kin, fulfilling wishes etc.

---------------------

That is what i know from my own experience, you can read Chhath Puja in detail in following pdf.

http://www.sulabhinternational.org/downloads/chhath_puja.pdf

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Happy Chhat to all!

RAW

Happy chhat puja to all dfi members and guests

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles