the rest have been incredibly inaccurate
and either not made it to their targets,
landed in the ocean or in areas that post
no threats to Israeli civilians.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Do you think those terrorists understand rocket science?

They don't need to outsmart Indian rocket scientists at NASA to at least tactically give the IDF a headache. Their hobbiest rockets are already causing enough confusion in Israel, the "biggest" bang for the buck... "The estimated cost of each Tamir interceptor missile is US$35,000–50,000[13] whereas a crudely manufactured Qassam rocket costs around $800." Iron Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides, in the World of 24-hour news cycle Hamas does not have to inflict pinpoint surgical strikes on Israeli targets. It's enough that they continue on firing their hobbiest rockets at Israel despite Israeli high tech offensive. They do that and they undermine the IDF.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
What strategy you think you do with SAM or in this case Iron dome ?

Very much explained, Nothing more need to know :

The typical Iron Dome battery consists of a radar unit and three launchers, with each launcher containing 20 interceptors for a total of 60 missiles per battery.[15] Reportedly, each battery is capable of protecting an urban area of approximately 150 square kilometers
I don't think the IDF will post on the internet their strategy in how to use the Iron Dome. Specs and strategy are different. Besides, don't I wouldn't be fooled by internet revelation of specs. I don't think the IDF has revealed all the specs of Iron Dome.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
So ?, What you explained does not relates to operational capability of the system..

It just doing what it design to do..

They don't need to outsmart Indian rocket scientists at NASA to at least tactically give the IDF a headache. Their hobbiest rockets are already causing enough confusion in Israel, the "biggest" bang for the buck... "The estimated cost of each Tamir interceptor missile is US$35,000–50,000[13] whereas a crudely manufactured Qassam rocket costs around $800." Iron Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So ?, What you explained does not relates to operational capability of the system..

It just doing what it design to do..

I was not referring to the operational capability of the Iron Dome in that post. I was merely implying that Hamas does not seek to achieve technological parity with the IDF in order to defeat or deter it. They are trying to exploit gaps in existing IDF defense infra to their best advantage.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I wouldn't call attacking with rockets is a gap in defense, Rocket objective to hit the target after launch if that objective is not archived it fails..

If Israel dont have counter from rockets then its a gap in there defense, In this sense most Countries have Gap in there defense but not Israel..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If Israel dont have counter from rockets then its a gap in there defense, In this sense most Countries have Gap in there defense but not Israel..
I hope the IDF does not share this state of mind otherwise they'll be toast. There will always be gaps even in the most sophisticated defenses, it depends on how it is approached. If you always play by how the defender is expected you to play then maybe there won't be gaps. But it's not always 1 + 1 = 2, there are a lot of ways of getting to 2.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

------------------------------
------------------------------

I hope the IDF does not share this state of mind otherwise they'll be toast. There will always be gaps even in the most sophisticated defenses, it depends on how it is approached. If you always play by how the defender is expected you to play then maybe there won't be gaps. But it's not always 1 + 1 = 2, there are a lot of ways of getting to 2.
I am not getting your logic, you are saying it have yet you have no indication of what it is you are talking about..

If its about your personal assumption based on it you are confident about you dont know what you are taking about
so call gaps, then no use debating..

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Hamas published a message in hebrew saying:"We missed the sucidie bombing,wait for us in the buses and cafes,dont sleep cause we might get to you".

Psychological warfare ..

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Iran: Muslim world must hit back at Israel for Gaza

Islamic countries must close ranks and respond to Israel's deadly attacks on the Gaza Strip, Iran's Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi said on Saturday."Putting an end to the Zionist regime's crimes is only possible through a united, revolutionary retaliation by the Muslim world," Vahidi said in remarks carried by the official IRNA news agency.

IAF strike in Gaza (Photo: EPA)

Iranian defense minister says joint strike by Muslim world is only way to end 'Zionist regime's crimes'; Tehran to send delegation to enclave
Israel is "massacring the oppressed Palestinian people, including women and children" and its strikes amount to a "clear example of war crimes," the defense minister charged.
Israel launched a concerted air campaign, dubbed Operation Pillar of Defense, against the densely populated territory on Wednesday with the stated aim of halting regular rocket fire out of Gaza that has disrupted life across southern Israel.

Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi, whose country is a key backer of Hamas, on Thursday urged the United Nations and European Union to pressure Israel to halt its offensive, saying the security of the Middle East was at stake.
Salehi has also announced his readiness to visit Gaza.

Rocket damage in Israel's Kiryat Malachi

Speaking to exiled Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal on the telephone, Salehi said Iran was ready to send "medical and medicinal aids" to Gaza, the official IRNA news agency reported.
On Saturday, media reports said Iran was preparing to dispatch a parliamentary delegation to the Palestinian territory.
The foreign ministry is "talking with Egyptian officials to facilitate the visit through Rafah," a terminal at Gaza's southwestern border with Egypt, according to MP Mansour Haqiqatpour. Previous attempts by Iran's hardline parliament to dispatch a team into Gaza failed during the rule of former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak.

Iran: Muslim world must hit back at Israel for Gaza - Israel News, Ynetnews

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Hamas published a message in hebrew saying:"We missed the sucidie bombing,wait for us in the buses and cafes,dont sleep cause we might get to you".

Psychological warfare ..
This is the best they can do when they cannot fight.....they have been doing this for centuries.......Like a friend on DFI had said if these islamists are Suicidal you become Genocidal, this will make their tight ghhetoised society implode !!

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Iran protests condemn Israel offensive

Demonstrations against Israel's military action in Gaza and in support of Palestinians took place in Tehran and 700 other Iranian cities after Friday Muslim prayers, news agency ISNA said.Protesters chanted "death to America" and "death to Israel" in the capital, in demonstrations called for by the authorities.

A group of Syrians chant slogans while holding posters of Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and Iran's late revolutionary founder Ayatollah Khomeini, and anti-Israeli placards, in a pro-Palestinian demonstration after Tehran's Friday prayer, Iran, on Friday, Nov. 16, 2012. (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi)

"One must salute the Palestinians' popular resistance and the response they have given to the Zionist regime (by firing rockets into Israel)," Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami said at the weekly prayers in Tehran, IRNA news agency said.

"Your method is good and you can bring the Zionist regime to its knees," he added.

Iran urged the United Nations and European Union on Thursday to stop Israel's "barbaric" offensive against armed Palestinian groups in Gaza, calling the operation "organised terrorism."

"Immediate and serious action by international (organisations) is needed to end the military campaign against the people of Gaza," Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said in a statement.

Iran does not recognise arch-enemy Israel, and supports hardline Palestinian movements such as Hamas in the face of what it calls the illegal occupation of the Palestinian territories.

Iran protests condemn Israel offensive | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Obama Talks Gaza With Islamist Turkish Leader Who Called Hamas Strikes 'a Pre-Election Stunt'

President Barack Obama spoke on the phone with the Islamist leader of Turkey, Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan, about the Israel's retaliatory strikes on the terrorist group Hamas in Gaza, according to the White House.

The two leaders, according to a White House read-out of the call, seemed to agree on much. "Today, the President called Prime Minister Erdogan to discuss the escalating violence in Israel and the Gaza Strip," the White House read-out of the call states.

"The two leaders shared their concerns about the dangers to civilian populations on both sides and expressed their common desire to see an end to the violence. The President and Prime Minister agreed that the continued spiral of violence jeopardizes prospects for a durable, lasting peace in the region. The President underscored his commitment to advancing the goal of Middle East peace. The President's call to Prime Minister Erdogan follows his outreach to counterparts in Israel and Egypt on November 14."

Indeed, the White House in no way indicates the leaders disagreed about anything in their call.

Interestingly, ErdoÄŸan earlier called the strikes "a pre-election stunt," according to the news outlet Ynet.

"Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan decried Israel's airstrikes on Gaza on Friday as a pre-election stunt and said he would discuss the crisis with Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi in Cairo this weekend," reports Ynet.

Ynet says that ErdoÄŸan told reporters, "Before this election they (Israel) shot these innocent people in Gaza for reasons they fabricated. ... The dominant world powers are now making the Gaza people and fighters pay, and as the Republic of Turkey we are with our brothers in Gaza and their just cause."

Obama Talks Gaza With Islamist Turkish Leader Who Called Hamas Strikes 'a Pre-Election Stunt' | The Weekly Standard

mikhail

Country flag
X-posting from elsewhere:

Israeli Peace Activist: Ahmed Jabari, Assassinated Hamas Leader, Received Draft Of Gaza Truce Agreement Shortly Before Death
Posted: 11/16/2012 2:30 am EST Updated: 11/16/2012 2:35 am EST

An Israeli peace activist has come forward with a blockbuster claim about the assassination of Hamas leader Ahmed Jabari that, if true, would represent a major twist in the recent escalation of conflicts between Israeli and Palestinian forces.

Gershon Baskin, who has reportedly mediated between Israel and Hamas in the past, told Haaretz on Thursday that Jabari, at the time of his death, had just received a draft of a "permanent truce agreement with Israel."

Per Haaretz:

Jabari was killed in a surgical airstrike on Wednesday as part of a larger Israeli offensive in Gaza. "This is an operation against terror targets of different organisations in Gaza," an Israeli spokeswoman said at the time.

Called Operation "Pillar of Defence," the offensive dashed hopes of progress toward a truce between Israel and Hamas that might have ended months of roiling tensions and violence in the region.

Since Wednesday, conflicts has escalated. Palestinian militants reportedly "barraged Israel with nearly 150 rockets on Thursday," and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu indicated plans for "significant widening" of military strikes.

Said Netanyahu:

Israeli Peace Activist: Ahmed Jabari, Assassinated Hamas Leader, Received Draft Of Gaza Truce Agreement Shortly Before Death
====

This account, if true, supports my hypothesis that the Israeli government has a vested interest in destroying potential peace deals because the longer this conflict continues the more Palestinian land the Israeli government can usurp under the guise of settlements.
well sometimes i wonder why it is it that the pakis always claim some sort of bizarre conspiracy everywhere!i mean why you guys hate the Israelis so much when the real fact is that Israel never really cared to harm your country!i guess this is all due to the "thekedar of Islam" attitude of the common paki people!:noidea:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Israel bombs office of Gaza prime minister

Israeli aircraft bombed Hamas headquarters before dawn on Saturday, including the office of Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, as armed conflict in the region entered its fourth day.

Hamas later retaliated, firing a rocket at Tel Aviv that was intercepted in midair, Reuters reported, citing Israeli military and police. No injuries were sustained, they added.

Suhaib Salem / Reuters

Palestinians inspect the destroyed office building of Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh in Gaza City on Saturday.

In Gaza, Israeli planes shattered Haniyeh's office building -- where he had met with Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Qandil the day before -- and struck the interior ministry.

Loud explosions regularly rocked the densely populated Palestinian territory, sending plumes of smoke billowing into the sky. The occasional hiss of outgoing rocket fire showed Islamist militants were pursuing their defiance of the assault.

abcnews.go.com/International/taliban-accidentally-reveal-identities-mailing-list-members/story?id=17737950#.UKes-4Y8c-v

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
as the resident Israeli i am open for questions ask away

p/s i am so proud of my baby it works so well
Have Some Questions

* What about the Land Invasion..I think they are On Standby ..and Why You are waiting this Far...?

* The cost of Single missile fired from The Iron dome is Higher..I think more than 600 targets deep inside the Gaza City and They fired more than 500+ Rockets from the date of Wednesday..Air Raids is also high cost..I'm supporting the Ground Invasion.

* I heard Some US warships are in Meditarrian Sea ..Why still No support from The US..

* There are some Roumers says Hamas Terrorists shoot down A F16 is this True....?

* Egypt trying to help the Hamas with their arms I think...what about this News..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles