Hallo from the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
They're up and running thanks Ray. How come the Iceland flag and Maltese cross?
Welcome to the Forum.

It is good to see foreigners out here.

Iceland flag is because I am the Still in the Cold and Maltese Cross is a favourite of mine.

Der Führer is for kicks and nothing more since I was not comfortable with the earlier one given - The Mentor.

You will find that on this forum, we have various sub heads for subjects of different variety.

There is no embargo on expressing views, though we are a trifle queasy about, should we say, 'colourful' syntax.

We are not afraid here as Indians to go hammer and tongs about our failings because unless one knows where one stands, one cannot progress. We have no embargo on foreigners also commenting, even if they are not flattering.

We will always love to learn about what is going on in your country as also how India and its policies are viewed at your end.

Hang around and you will learn the ropes and I am sure you will have a great time out here.

If you have a problem, PM Pmaitra, Yusuf or me since we have met each other before!

Once again, good to have you around.

Take off your shoes, sit by the fireplace, get yourself a whiskey and let your fingers run wild on your keyboard.

And let us enjoy your company!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I seriously feel, why to be at a place / forum where you are not welcomed, but then you may have your own thoughts, I would rather try and put in my best effort in one forum rather than be a member of multiple forums.

In-between Ray sir i was in the process of reading your post about General Sundarjee, why don't you post them on DFI, is it not meant for Indians? or probably i would have missed it.
Which one?

I think I started a thread, but it did not elicit enthusiasm from the readers.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder if it would be worth asking the Arrse mods for an Indian section to be set up ,(the same as Aussies, Kiwi's, Saffers and Paddies have), so that the rest of the membership don't feel overwhelmed by Indian topics.?
Actually that is possibly the reason.

But then, we go to ARRSE to learn about the UK and how the UK views our policies and events.

In that way, we come to know whether our actions in India (Govts) is finding the right chord or not.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Welcome to DFI Scalieback. You sure know the big guns here at DFI.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
u r not english. western Europeon settled in UK

Y dont u tel ur country of origin ? or r u ashamed of it

I would recommend that you lay off.

This is hardly a way to allow a person to settle down.

May I request that you all take it a bit coolly?

He could be of Norman descent.

How does it matter?

I assure you that he is NOT a Pakistani.

And even so, aren't Pakistanis welcome here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scalieback

Professional
u r not english. western Europeon settled in UK

Y dont u tel ur country of origin ? or r u ashamed of it
Not sure where you are heading with this but I'm English born and bred and traced back to 1742 at the moment. Not ashamed of my country in the slightest. Are you?

How about you? The EU flag signify anything?

Scalieback

Professional
:troll: ..........
Hmm, as it was, as it is, as it always will be. I guess I have a different perspective of history and Churchill is jointly in the lead.

Only day two and two baits (3?) dangled? :)

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Welcome to the forum Scalieback.

I agree with Ray sir. Lay off guys.

Scalieback

Professional

How does it matter?

Apparently I am of Norman descent, but I can't get back further than 1742 at the moment.

Don't worry Ray, I knew I'd need thick skin to come on here.

Scalieback

Professional
Welcome to DFI Scalieback. You sure know the big guns here at DFI.
I've had discussions with Ray, Mad Indian and Bangelore so far on forums. Pmaitra and Yusuf have both been on PM and on forums. Not sure if they're the big guns or not at the moment. However, I've enjoyed my discussions with Ray, Pmaitra and Yusuf.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Apparently I am of Norman descent, but I can't get back further than 1742 at the moment.

Don't worry Ray, I knew I'd need thick skin to come on here.
Thick skin I agree.

But ARRSE for Indians sure required Indians to be of Rhino skin, given the surfeit of piranhas around there! ;) :rofl:

Further, I don't want things going down in flames!

Scalieback

Professional
Thick skin I agree.

But ARRSE for Indians sure required Indians to be of Rhino skin, given the surfeit of piranhas around there! ;) :rofl:

Further, I don't want things going down in flames!
No problem Ray. Who knows how it will pan out, but so far I've got a good idea of what 'facts' will be presented to me already on here and on Arrse. Still, we'll see.

Yep, a thick skin on Arrse for all members is required at times. You can make the most innocent comment and someone is down your throat with both feet extended.

Going down in flames on here? Dunno, how many Brits are on here? We'll see but I'm sure what I've said already will be picked up by some. Let the games commence!

(err, actually, I'm going out in a mo)

trackwhack

How does it matter?

Ray, why did you club my post with blackwaters?

pmaitra

Guys, this is an introductory thread. Please do not spread bitterness. There will be enough opportunities for heated exchanged later.

trackwhack

Guys, this is an introductory thread. Please do not spread bitterness. There will be enough opportunities for heated exchanged later.
Not sure if this is a response to the question I asked Ray on the previous post. I did not bait, I welcomed him and pointed him to a thread he may be interested in. Why am I being asked to LAY OFF for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Hallo Luete ! Introductions & Announcements 11
GokuInd Hallo Introductions & Announcements 10